[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey if I'm going to build a quick bamboo bow. What would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images (4).jpg (26KB, 688x201px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
26KB, 688x201px
Hey if I'm going to build a quick bamboo bow. What would be better, green or dried bamboo?

Thanks
>>
Third choice, not bamboo because it's a fucking grass
>>
>>33300250
Well it's a grass thats harder than wood but ok friend. What do you recommend I make a bow out of with wood in Japan (I live here if you couldn't figure that bit out)
>>
>>33300277
>(I live here if you couldn't figure that bit out)

Bamboo grows everywhere you yellow nigger

Find some Yew or Maple or something. It works in Runescape
>>
>>33300287
I have bamboo
That's what I'm using
What is better
Green

Or

Dried?
>>
>>33300346
Use green, that way if dried is better you'll have it later
>>
>>33300369
/thread
>>
Always work with dried wood, or your bow's performance will change over time as the wood seasons. If you can, find a piece of hardwood (such as ash, oak, or osage) to glue your bamboo to, because bamboo on its own is not amazing.
>>
Trial and error OP, Make one out of both and see which one breaks first from the same stress
Make prototype 2 out of the material that broke second.
Same way your sushinigger ancestors did it OP San.
>>
>>33300223
harvest, and shape it while its green, then let it cure into the form that you want.
>>
>>33300223
Just make a PVC bow you mongoloid
>>
If you're lazy and want to avoid problems, find some steel packaging ribbon like what is used to hold bricks on pallets, and glue or bind it to the outside edge of the bow.

There will be no more splitting since the bamboo only has to compress and the steel ribbon handles the tension. In fact you can use any low quality wood-type material for the compression element. Also try and minimize weight at the tips, want them to move fast.
>>
>>33300277
You can use green, just make sure you fold it over one thousand times in the ancient traditional ways.
>>
>>33300398
>find a piece of hardwood (such as ash, oak, or osage) to glue your bamboo to, because bamboo on its own is not amazing.
This.
Bamboo on outer side (nothing better than bamboo here) and hard wood for inner side.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.