[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got my first Hi-Point carbine. Most military surplus rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 4595ts.jpg (21KB, 940x275px) Image search: [Google]
4595ts.jpg
21KB, 940x275px
Just got my first Hi-Point carbine. Most military surplus rifles seem to show the distance which the rear sight is set at, for elevation, in actual numerical units. But for the iron sights on this sucker, I just see lines.

What's the default zeroed distance for the Hi Point Carbines? I have a 4595TS (the carbine in .45 ACP). Also, what increments do the iron sights go up in in terms of elevation? Finally, any miscellaneous information any other Hi-Point 95TS series owners have about the carbine would be great. It really is a cool fucking gun and I can't wait to take it out to the range.
>>
File: 1472371732997.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1472371732997.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>33298016
These make excellent truck guns. My bro has one in his Ford Ranger.
>>
>>33298061
Sounds like it. From what I understand, the first-generation 995TS carbines left a lot to be desired in terms of the quality, but these new ones have pretty great accuracy and even a bolt hold-open mechanism. Can't be beat when you consider the only other .45 carbines with marginally-better performance cost 3x as much.
>>
B U M P
>>
>>33298016
I kinda just fucked around with it til I got it. Mine is zeroed at 30 yds. It's a 9mm after all. I don't plan on doing long range shooting with it. More of a home defense or, if my back's against the wall, survival rifle.

It's a great fucking gun, though. Gets a lot of flak for being ugly, heavy, and ghetto. Which is fair. Just stay away from Pro Mags and keep her well lubed.
>>
>>33298381
Gotcha. That sounds more or less like the rest of the advice I've been given. One fellow says I should consider it to be adjustments of either 0.5MOA or 1MOA (the latter is more likely).
>>
>>33298381
I wish it would accept double stack mags, but other than that I'm planning on getting one myself some time.
>>
>>33298016
Hey, do something real quick. Grab the rifle and charge it back all the way. Now take a look at the boltface. Remember what you just saw every time you eject an unspent cartridge. Now cycle a round and examine it.

Its a good enough rifle for what it is, but that's one hell of a failure waiting to happen. I'd image its even worse on the .45 than my 9mm due to the wider fulcrum point and heavier mass.
>>
>>33298451
Yeah, I noticed that too. The firing pin is used as an ejector so you can deal with a catastrophic failure (setting off/piercing the primer with the bolt half-open) if you try that. Fortunately I didn't try this, but they really should emphasize this in the manual (I didn't see it emphasized there) given that everything else makes it supposedly retard-proof.

Thanks for the advice anon.
>>
>>33298433
Redball makes 20 round mags for the 995. It's just real fucking long, but this isn't exactly a bench rest type of rifle anyway.

>>33298392
It might say something in the owners manual? I never read the thing, so I wouldn't know for sure. Either way, I'm not a fan of the irons as it is. I bought a $20 red dot on amazon that works great on my 10/22. Gonna see how it holds up on the HiPoint when it comes in the mail.

And like I said, keep it lubed. I've had a couple FTFs when it's running dry, but I also shoot relatively dirty ammo. While I'm on that, hollowpoints are a nono for it. I stick to 115g FMJ.
>>
>>33298574
Doesn't say a thing about it in the manual. It's not really a helpful manual at all except for very basic operation.

I really like the irons, but I'm probably partial coming from open sights and all that. It's refreshing to have an easy-to-acquire sight picture for once (looking at you, M39 and SKS).

Lubing sounds good. How do you lube it? Seems like taking the bolt out is a bitch, as is disassembling the rifle to any degree in general. Just wipe the exterior of the bolt and such?
>>
>>33298599
Exactly. That, and I drop some CLP on an open and closed bolt, then work the action a few times. Keep her moist. I've had the thing almost a year now, and I've never fully disassembled it. Too much damn work.
>>
>>33298668
Yeah, and almost everybody I've come across with one of these says they never even bother cleaning it and it runs fine.

Thanks friend!
>>
File: Glawk 40.jpg (63KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Glawk 40.jpg
63KB, 1000x666px
>>33298692
Hey, worst case scenario if anything goes wrong, you send it in for repairs with that fancy lifetime warranty they got. Or just buy a new one!

Anytime brah, happy shooting. Enjoy your ghetto blaster.

>pic related, my first handgun purchase when I turn 21
>>
>>33298692
Mine gets FTF out the ass if I don't fully clean it every 300 or so rounds, though some of that may be also due to my magazines. Annoying as shit, and I cut myself on the rear takedown clip over half the time. Frankly the teardown would be pretty easy if it weren't for that one clip.
>>
>>33298734
Gods damn it, that fucking gun keeps showing up on Slickguns and I can't help but spend ten minutes reading through the comments.

>>33298767
What magazines? I just have the stock magazines from the manufacturer.
>>
>>33298781
They were the factory mags, but at one point the lips got a bit crushed. Pulled them back into shape, but they're probably still a bit off.
>>
>>33298944
Yeah, their mags can be hit or miss. Just buy more from their website. I think they're $18, and shipping is free.
>>
>>33298980
Hah, my local gun store had them for $21.50 a piece. Shouldn't have bothered with Hi Point's site when my gun store sells it all at the same price. But I suppose that's irregular...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.