[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERY SINGLE OUTDOOR RANGE HAVE TO BE A PRIVATE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: 1489198056723.png (125KB, 498x481px) Image search: [Google]
1489198056723.png
125KB, 498x481px
WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERY SINGLE OUTDOOR RANGE HAVE TO BE A PRIVATE CLUB WITH BULLSHIT APPILCATION REQUIREMENTS LIKE NEEDING AN NRA MEMBERSHIP OR HAVING TO HAVE A FUCKING SPONSOR FUUUCK. WHY CAN'T SOMEONE JUST RUN A PUBLIC OUTDOOR RANGE FOR FUCKS SAKE.

FUUUUUUCK.
>>
>>33297924
'cause it keeps out the commies and the faggots.
>>
>>33297924
To keep low IQ morons like you out
>>
>>33297924
>not being an NRA member

Even if you don't totally agree with what they do, they are the only ones fighting for gun rights when it is a democrat controlled congress.
>>
>>33297924
My local outdoor range is public but if you have a county park pass you shoot for free. And this is in Westchester county in NY.
>>
>>33297924
To keep out mongs.

Though the NRA is for fags.
>>
>>33297924
Expensive. Dangerous/higher liability. When a retard ND's into a concrete wall, it's not as bad as sending some fly-rounds into the neighboring roadways.

Mostly it's just greedy fucks trying to maximize their profits on what amounts to a very low input business. If they can squeeze membership dues out of rich fucks who can afford it, they will.

We have a free outdoor "range" near where I live. From what I've heard, there have been several accidents, and some of the attendees can be downright subhuman (think Deliverance). It's also frequently closed due to aforementioned accidents.
>>
>>33297924
>live in Arizona
>one outdoor range is owned by Game and Fish so it's public
>other one is owned by a gun club but you can shoot there for a 10 dollar day pass

Pretty sweet, senpai.

Also, of course most outdoor ranges are private clubs because guess what? It costs money to own land.
>>
>>33297983
>fighting for gun rights

Bwahahahaha!

Half the shit they say/do hurts the cause; we deserve better.
>>
>>33297924
in Texas there are outdoor ranges open to the public but you can't shoot FMJ. Ranges across the country just have dumb rules. Glad I have my own property to shoot on.
>>
>>33297924
Because it keeps out frogposters.
>>
>>33298023
>It costs money to own land
So fucking what? None of the indoor ranges require you to be a member, and they have to pay for their land and the building they own.
>>
>>33298037
wut?
>>
>>33298046
Most indoor ranges I know of around here are also gun shops. There's a much smaller overhead fee for a small reinforced basement than a large swath of land.
>>
>>33298046
>None of the indoor ranges require you to be a member
That's wrong.
>>
>>33298098
Hey dipshit. I obviously meant the indoor ranges in my area.
>>
>>33297924
This is why I want to buy land. I think 20-40 acres would be enough to set up a nice mid-long range range and a 3-gun style range as well. Just want to shoot at some steel.
>>
File: IMG_4552.jpg (68KB, 602x690px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4552.jpg
68KB, 602x690px
>only outdoor range within 50 miles requires NRA membership and has a 1100 member limit
>been checking every month for the past 3 years to see if there's an opening and still no dice
>>
>own 1200 acres of land in Texas that's been in the family for generations
>Texan Army even camped on it during the Revolution
>get my own 1000 yd+ range to myself whenever I want

Feels good, man. Fuck the NRA. I understand a lot of those places do it so they don't get dumbasses ND'ing and basically being a liability, but the NRA requirement is just fudd tier shit.
>>
>>33298110
>Anecdotes...
>>
>>33297996
where

name? for research purposes
>>
>>33298154
>Autism...
>>
>>33297924
Keeps you out so it must work pretty well.
>>
>>33298055
Every rifle range I've been to (not many) in my area will not let you shoot FMJ out of rifles. FMJ in pistols is ok though.
>>
>>33298074
>There's a much smaller overhead fee for a small reinforced basement than a large swath of land.
LOLNO there isn't. Hell, fucking nope. Fugitive lead mitigation costs as much as property tax, and ventilation is orders of magnitude higher.
>>
>>33298163
I lied, you only get discounted admission with a park pass now but it's still only like $10. It's Blue Mountain Sportsman Center, they have archery, handgun, smallbore, large bore, and trap and skeet ranges.
>>
>>33298037
>Not allowed to shoot FMJ outdoors
What kind of Fuddery is this
>>
>>33297983
god why are country people retarded
>>
>>33298218
It must be a Texas thing. Here are some examples:

Rule 5: https://www.quailcreekrange.com/faq

Rule 8: http://www.fossilpointe.net/files/RangeRulesSign.pdf
>>
My local range has a 600 yard rifle range, pistol and trap range, hosts cc courses regularly, is clean as fuck with reasonable prices on everything, is open 7 days a week and is run by a retired bro tier marine from back when that was worth mentioning. Plus it's 8 miles from my house. The membership fee works as a social filter and honestly my only nag is that the local uses the pistol range all the time but you can't really complain about cops that actually want to hit bad guys. Having previously had 14 acres of land to shoot on I was ready to be let down but I'm completely happy with this place. I don't get to walk around shooting targets of opportunity, but I don't have to maintain the land myself or worry about my dumbass neighbors or noise complaints or the occasional method lab appearing anymore

The next closest pistol range is a shithole, the gunshop it's in is a shithole and the employees are the parasitic worms that inhabit said shithole. Next town over has some nice indoor ranges and good gunsmiths but why bother.
>>
The range I go to is chill as fuck, NE Missouri. Never been somewhere that requires membership or payment.
>>
>>33298307
SW MO, here. A WMA 40 minutes south east of Joplin has a conservation dept range. It's called the Fort Crowder conservation area, I believe. One shotgun and three rifle ranges. All free if you have a hunting license but literally no one ever checks.

no RO.

comfy/10, I was there yesterday.
>>
>>33297983
they fight for compromises with loopholes that maintain industry profits
>>
>>33297924
>going to an actual range

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>33297924
It's OK man, but I don't know that feel. Take solace that maybe someday butthurt autistic /k/omrades like yourself will just up and buy their own land because their tired of the BS. Then YOU can make all the rules about who can use your range.
>>
>>33297983
You don't join to help those cunts out.

You join for the legal benefits in case you are involved in a defensive shooting.
>>
>>33298046
Their land their rules bitch boi, stay mad.
>>
>>33297924
Sorry dude. I can't relate. My range is 80 bucks a year with a 300 yard rifle range, 50 yard pistol range, full trap and skeet facility, and you don't have to sign up for anything. There's no gate, so you can come and shoot whenever you want
>>
>>33300305
Sounds like paradise. Where is this?
>>
File: 20170307_105252.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170307_105252.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
>>33297924
All mine have a half year to two year waiting period. Good thing state and federal land are a thing. Just don't step on logging land or they'll fuck you in the ass like the niggers logging companies are.
>>
>>33297983
Bernie is a faggot as it relates to econ shit but didnt he fight for gun rights on the Democrat side of things?
>>
>>33300953
no stop spewing this crap he was against AR-15s ffs
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.