[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Single Action Double Action for CCW and first handgun in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

Best Single Action Double Action for CCW and first handgun
in 9mm
I always thought I was gonna buy a Glock when I turn 21 But I've recently looked into the advantages of Double Action Single Actions and they seem better, both safer and faster
not to mention glock stock triggers are heavy
Recommendations?
>>
>>33276947
If you like polymer: HK USP compact
If you like metal: CZ P-01 or 75 compact PCR
>>
>>33276947
HK p2k if you are poor. P30 if less poor. Hk45 if even less poor. Mk23 if ballin. Leave the USPs to the soldiers.
>>
File: photo (6).jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
photo (6).jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33276947
>Recommendations?

Try out a Beretta PX4 Compact. I've been carrying one for about a month and it's really good in terms of a Glock 19 sized DA/SA gun ontop of shooting like a fullsize pistol. There's also the CZ P07 which I think is another good option if you want something slightly bigger with a full length rail.

If you want, I can give you some of my initial thoughts on the PX4 Compact. The specific model I have is the Compact Carry that has some enhancements over a stock Compact gun.
>>
>>33276947
Just get the Grand Power in your pic
Best trigger I've played with in a da/sa
>>
>>33276947
Try a CZ P-07. Glock 19 sized DA/SA that's 15+1 and has a decent trigger out of the box.
>>
>>33276947
How is it faster?
>>
I'm looking at a P30S, good or no?
>>
Just shot a FNS 9C today, and I think it's a pretty decent gun, if that helps.
>>
>>33277894
>How is it faster?

What you can do with a DA/SA gun is what is called the press out. This means prepping the trigger as the sights enter your peripheral vision, completing the trigger pull when you reach full extension for a faster initial shot. Ernest Langdon teaches this.

This along with being able to stop a shot on that first double action trigger pull if and when you decide you don't need to shoot at your target anymore are two reasons why I strongly prefer DA/SA for carry.
>>33277899
The P30 is a very good gun. One of the greatest strengths of HK's pistols is their LEM trigger which I think you should take a look at.

https://pistol-training.com/archives/8549
>>
>>33278022
Store only has the V3. From looking around I can convert to LEM, but it voids the warranty and isn't a sanctioned convertion.

Should I hold off and order an LEM?
>>
>glock has heavy trigger pull
>wants a DA/SA gun with a 9001 pound first pull
You're a moron, and this is coming from someone who has a P226 as his only handgun.
>>
>>33278065
>Should I hold off and order an LEM?

Try out LEM first before seeing if you like it.
You should order guns online anyways, chances are the one in that gunshop is a lot more expensive that the V3's listed here. Don't ever compromise on buying a gun from simply what is in stock or not at a gunshop.

https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/hk%2Bp30sk%2Blem?title_only=0&hide_oos=1&show_oos=0

https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/hk%20p30sk

This is another good read by Darryl Bolke on what is called "TLG LEM"

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=1097
>>
>>33277242
I'm actually debating getting a PX4 compact carry. I have a p99 for non subcompact carry but it really is between a Glock 17 and a 19. Is a PX4 compact smaller than a P99/PPQ?
>>
>>33278065
USP 45 owner here. I say try shooting one without the LEM and see if you like it. I don't mind H&K SA/DA (it is defiantly not good, but the quality of the pistol it self out weighs it's poor trigger) but the location of the safety/decocker kind of stinks and will be very foreign to those who are use to getting high on striker guns. It's why I prefer my Vertec over it and carry it for Duty.
>>
>>33278183
>I'm actually debating getting a PX4 compact carry

If you want a Glock 19 sized DA/SA pistol, I would strongly recommend it.

>I have a p99 for non subcompact carry but it really is between a Glock 17 and a 19. Is a PX4 compact smaller than a P99/PPQ?

As for overal size, I would think so. Couldn't find a picture of a PX4 Compact side by side to a P99 but judging from this picture, the PX4 Compact would be a lot "smaller" to me. The Glock 19 is a bit longer slide wise than the PX4 Compact.

It's funny, I used to make a big stink about the weight and size of the PX4 Compact coming from carrying a Glock 19 but I feel as if it conceals better. The curved rear of the gun makes printing a lot less likely than the G19 when I carry it AIWB.
>>
File: hqdefault (23).jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (23).jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>33278241
forgot pic
>>
>>33278241
Thanks for the detailed post. I finger fucked one at a store out of state but didn't have my P99 or a PPQ to compaire. The biggest complaint I hear from walther and ccw fans is that the p99 and PPQ aren't really compact and I tend to agree. The px4 did feel like a great size and would conceal excellent.
>>
>>33278156
>>33278214
Yeah, there's no range around here that rents guns. Basically I have to use reviews and others experience to do this. All the online stores are a similar price to what the store has, so it's basically down to what is the better trigger.
>>
>>33278293
Beretta anything has a better trigger than H&K anything. The trigger is the biggest setback for any H&K gun aside from the VP9 maybe.
>>
>>33278268
>The biggest complaint I hear from walther and ccw fans is that the p99 and PPQ aren't really compact and I tend to agree.

Appendix carry with a good holster that has a claw and a good belt, you can pretty much conceal anything. I think when people complain about how "X" is hard to conceal, I think they're carrying IWB, not using the right holster or just plain not putting enough effort into finding the right set up.

Since you did mention owning a Walther, are you already accustomed to paddle magazine releases?
>>
>>33276947
Get the walther ppk if you want a good 380 carry gun

Get the sig p232 if you want a good 9mm carry gun but good luck finding it

Get a walther p5 if you want even better 9mm carry gun but good luck finding it because that shit is rare
>>
>>33278311
Funny they have an M9A3 for sale for $430 there but I never took a second look because I didn't like shooting the 92. Maybe I'll take a second look. They also have a USP (only in 40SW), HK45 and HK45C, and HK P2000.

Only reason I'm shopping at this store is I have a $300 gift certificate.
>>
>>33278022
>>33278156
Not him but I tried out a USP with the LEM trigger at a store earlier today. When cocked, the DA pull was really nice but uncocked it felt even worse and heavier than the USP I tried with a normal trigger.
Is that typical for LEM? I feel like it is meant to emulate a striker pull more than anything, which feels weird coming from mostly shooting DA/SA.
>>
>>33278313
I own a P99 and carry IWB appendix. I don't find it hard to conceal, but do wish it was a tiny bit smaller. As for the paddle release, I love it. Walther paddle however is easier to manipulate than an H&K paddle as the Walther paddle goes all the way to the front of the trigger guard vs the H&K, which only is a small tab above where a mag release button would be. Walthers are a lot more small hand friendly across the board. My USP 45 paddle is not unusable, but my p99 is far quicker. Paddles rock, you get use to one and you will prefer it.
>>
File: M9A3_Final_0016.jpg (47KB, 781x600px) Image search: [Google]
M9A3_Final_0016.jpg
47KB, 781x600px
>>33278329
>Funny they have an M9A3 for sale for $430 there

I don't give a shit if you don't like M9's or the fact that they're obviously too big for carry but you better snatch that up if it's legitimately a $430 M9A3. There has to be some sort of mistake or are you mentioning that price combined with the $300 discount?
>>
>>33276947
The list of high quality plastic guns is endless nowadays. It would be a tragedy to immediately go for a glock unless you really liked it as they have a tendency to command higher prices than equally well made pistols. Also glocks have trigger safeties which get annoying after awhile.
>>
>>33278355
No, that's the sale tag price. NIB, next to a $250 Hungarian Hi Power, and a $150 FEG Hi Power. I'm half tempted to say fuck it and just get the pair of hi powers and keep my Glock as my carry piece.
>>
>>33278337
It's typical, imo you can't get the true feeling of an LEM unless you are actually shooting boolets.
>>33278329
Don't get the 40 USP. I started with one as I bought it from a co worker who used it as a duty gun in the past. True the USP was designed around the 40, but it does not shoot the 40 as smooth as everyone advertised it. It's why I traded it for a 45 one.
>>
>>33278329
Buy that mother fucking M9A3... if it is actually an M9A3
>>
>>33278367
Like what this anon said. >>33278389

If that's a fucking M9A3 as in M9-A """3""", turd brown with a vertec frame and all.

B
U
Y

I
T

Those motherfuckers go for $900.
>>
>>33278389
>>33278402
It's real. I looked at the tag, *M9A3 9mm*, saw the price and went, "Damn that's good," and went on looking for the HKs.
>>33278380
Yeah, USP would be great if they had a 9mm. The P30 felt great in my hand and is the perfect size for what I want it for (duty pistol, but small enough I can CCW well enough).

I'll go back and if the M9 is there, get that and flip it on Armslist and maybe get some HK trigger time in the interim.
>>
>>33278441
Tell me what state and store that is and I will buy and keep that M9A3
>>
>>33278380
I'll keep that in mind then. I was thinking of getting a USP45 or a P30L some time in the future and the LEM trigger seems interesting at the very least.
I've just heard a notable amount of people say that the light LEM trigger is the best trigger available to modern HK pistols and I'm trying to figure out why they think so.

>>33278441
I thought the USP was available in 9.
>>
>>33278456
How about I buy it and sell it to you at a buddy discount of $600?
>>33278459
They are, the store I have the gift card to just has a .40 tho.
>>
>>33278474
Where you at cuz?
>>
>>33278459
>I've just heard a notable amount of people say that the light LEM trigger is the best trigger available to modern HK pistols and I'm trying to figure out why they think so.

This article >>33278156 has a small excerpt on the why behind a light LEM trigger.

>" By leaving the Heavy TRS, I turned my gun into what is known as the TLG LEM, which is named for the set up preferred by firearms trainer Todd Green who has a significant amount of time on these guns. This allows for a lighter trigger but with a more positive reset from the V2 configuration.This is my favorite set up for this gun. Many others who have converted to the HK P30/HK 45 pistols with a LEM trigger favor this configuration as well."

While it is absolutely true with LEM, you won't shoot splits "as fast" as you will with a striker or DA/SA gun but this is extreme splitting hairs.

This video has Todd Green doing a bill drill with an HK45 in under 2 seconds from concealment. Crazy fucking shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl4tbMHF3xk
>>
>>33278483
WA
>>
>>33278498
I'm in WI, sorry. :(
>>
Cz p-09... FTW. Or you can eat a butt.
>>
>>33278505
No problem. Shit, now I kind of want the M9. I'm really just trying to fill the void left after my first venture in AKs (PSAK47) turned out to be fucking shit.
>>
File: 20150513_212639.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150513_212639.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>33278522
Damn shame PSAs AKs turned out to be trash. I say you give the 92 a chance and get some extensive range time behind it. They will grow on you. I never shot well with them until I got some actual practice and training with one. Now a 92 Vertec is my duty gun. Great thing about the A3 is it will already have the night sights and decocker only. It will also have the short reach trigger and D spring. Only thing that differs it from a WC 92 is the action polishing, which feels nice but Berettas are already smooth.
>>
>>33278556
Fuck it, for the price I'll do that.
>>
File: 20170225_133627.jpg (590KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_133627.jpg
590KB, 2048x1152px
>>33278556
Oh also, PSA hasn't returned my calls or emails for a week since I tried to get a hold of them the same day my PSAK47 turned out to be shit. Shame because the fit and finish is great. It just jams so hard I have to hit it on the bench every 5 rounds.
>>
>>33278498
Washingtonanon as well. WHERE YOU AT SENPAI.
>>
>>33278670
The Mexican part.
>>
>>33278579
tell me all about your PSA AK problems

might be an easy fix..
>>
>>33278694
I live on milfag island.
>>
>>33278702
The round will fail to chamber and I have to hit it to either open or close the action. Or if it doesn't seize entirely it will short stroke and FTF, which is amazing considering how over gassed the AK is. There are no obvious burrs or flaws to inhibit function, but I find metal shavings in the locking lug recesses anyways.
>>33278731
Naval base or is that JBLM?
>>
>>33278823
gas port isn't full of metal chips is it?

pour some hoppes #9 into the gas block and see what happens
>>
>>33278846
I'm going to be pissed if that's the problem, but genuinely thank you because I hadn't thought of that.
>>
>>33278864
could try ramming a piece of weed-eater string through it too
>>
>>33278864
>>33278922
sometimes small burrs in the gasport can be left just negligence, can cause many guns to hiccup, had it with my AR and come to think of it... PSA barrel too lmao
>>
>>33278823
Naval basefam
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.