[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do the Selous Scouts compare to modern SOF? https://en.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: od_ospery.jpg (45KB, 606x515px) Image search: [Google]
od_ospery.jpg
45KB, 606x515px
How do the Selous Scouts compare to modern SOF?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selous_Scouts
>>
File: thecrazyeyeszissou.gif (500KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
thecrazyeyeszissou.gif
500KB, 500x211px
>>33275565
they have short shorts so they are infinitely cooler
>>
>>33275747
don't be a shitlord answer the question
>>
In what way? They wrote the book on modern counter-insurgency and things haven't changed that much since then, they'd be on par. In conventional war they'd probably get reamed as simply weren't geared for it, they were not ranger equivalents or anything. Getting in standing gunfights was a job for the RLI and RAR.
>>
>>33275838
>was a job for the RLI and RAR.

No one here knows what that means
>>
>>33275919
Considering the boner this board has for Rhodesia, yes they do.
>>
>>33275948

prove it desu
>>
>>33276005
Light Infantry and African Rifles, step up your bait desu.
>>
>>33276036
>>
@33276115
Thanks.
>>
>>33275565
What stands out to me is their ability to operate semi autonomously in the bush, much less dependent on logistics and supply lines. Seems similar to our LRRPs in Nam. Modern SOFs seem to have an emphasis on getting in, doing what has to be done, and getting the fuck out.
>>
>>33276235
So they're most like army sf
>>
oh and the fact that they turned the other side over to them
>>
>>33275919
Rhodesian Light Infantry and Rhodesian African Rifles.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.