[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been thinking of getting the Ruger LCR .38 as my first gun and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: Ruger-LCR-38-sp-front-quarter.jpg (123KB, 1024x625px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-LCR-38-sp-front-quarter.jpg
123KB, 1024x625px
Been thinking of getting the Ruger LCR .38 as my first gun and as a conceal carry. Thoughts?
>>
>>33274807
>the Ruger LCR .38

You could do a lot worse.

A snubby isn't much fun on a range, but it's a viable CC piece.
>>
>>33274807
>A snubby isn't much fun on a range
this, jesus. the LCR is really, really light.
after putting 100 rds through one my wrist was not liking it.
>>
>>33274936
Whats a better option for CC? I was looking at the PPK and Sig p232 as well, but I know a DA revolver is really safe.
>>
>>33275014
Pps>ppk
>>
>>33274936
Pain ain't shit. How do you like it in terms of function?
>>
>>33275014
You can shove a revolver barrel into someone in a fight and not have their beer gut interfere with function.
>>
>>33275154
This is a good thing, right
>>
>>33275062
The PPS is a hideous gun, though. I like guns that look like guns
>>
>>33275014
>I know a DA revolver is really safe.

All modern firearms are only as safe as the operator.
>>
>>33275014
>Whats a better option for CC
It isn't a bad option for CC at all, I was considering one myself, for the same reasons. It just will suck balls to practice with so you may want to use a different gun first to familiarize yourself. I'd rent one though and try it, maybe you have really strong hands.

As said, PPS>PPK, and the P232 is solid as well. Ruger LC380 is decent if ugly.

And if you don't want to get up to that 600-800 range, there's a South American copy of the PPK (Bersa Thunder) for under 300.
>>
>>33275125
Love it. Elegant in its simplicity and holds better than the snubnose SWs in my opinion.
>>
>>33274807
Get a PPS.
>>
>>33274807
Why bother with a revolver. Get a Rex
>>
>>33275187
Pps m2 is a good looking gun nigger
>>
>>33274807

I've got one in my pocket right now. I inherited it, I would never give Ruger money, and I'm not a big revolver far but it's a great gun for when I don't want to carry a gun. I normally appendix carry a SIG 228 with an extra 20rd mag.

Sucks to shoot, but it's an easy gun to carry and better than a rock for sure.
>>
>>33275263
looks like a toy
>>
>>33275405
Cool story bro!
>>
>>33274807
Love mine OP.

keep it in back pocket while fishing/walking

good gun
>>
Anyone here from Chicago? Gotta pass the CC test and I wanna know if its a good gun to do it with
>>
>>33275405
If you want a gun that is good for cc and doesn't have a black plastic frame, Sig P938
>>
If your looking for a budget cc look into sccy cpx2. I own one and it's the shit. Small, double stack. Holds ten rounds. Grabagun it's 199 new and you get a lifetime warranty and theft protection. It's the best budget 9mm I own and I always carry it on slow days cause it's light weight.
>>
>>33275488
I'd get some speed loaders if you're going down that road. If it's anything like the training here you'll burn through 50 rounds in a couple minutes
>>
>>33275548
Jesus god
>>
Also, would a Beretta Tomcat be a good idea? I know a .32 isn't as strong as a .380, but It's small as shit and I've heard its super accurate
>>
>>33275588
15ft:
5 rds, two hands (10 seconds)
5 rds, one hand. (10 seconds)
5 rds, two hands, reload, repeat (<60 seconds)

25ft:
5 rds, two hands (10 seconds)
5 rds, one hand. (10 seconds)

50ft:
>>
>>33274807
Get a G43 with night sights (whichever you prefer). Then get this holster

http://www.haleystrategic.com/weapon-accessories/handgun-accessories/incog-iwb-eclipse-holster-glock-19-23

I used to alternate between the lcr and a cz-75 RAMI for years, but now that's what I use pretty much year round. It's extremely comfortable and never prints in light clothing, which I like because it gets pretty hot where I live for a big part of the year. It's also nice because the texture makes it feel less gross compared to regular kydex if I'm sweating. Holster and belt are just as important for carry as your choice of gun, if not more so.
>>
>>33274807
CCW good, but first gun? I think you'd be better with a more comfortable shooter so you'll use it more. I was thinking of getting a snub and went with a lil bigger. SP101 to be exact, in 3". Still concealable, much more comfortable to shoot. You can always get a snubby next, anon.
>>
>>33275014
It's not a bad option for CC. It's just that the recoil is a bit snappy because the gun is so light, so firing a lot of rounds through it is uncomfortable. You'd only realistically be firign that many rounds on the range, so it's not a big problem. I'd just rent it to see if you're okay with the recoil first. Personally, having weak wrists, I didn't much care for the one that I fired, preferring something a bit heavier.
>>
>>33276373
I'm of the same opinion, despite having a soft spot for ruger. I actually had an easier time shooting .357 from a beefier, longer S&W
>>
>>33274807
>Ruger LCR .38

Great for conceal carry. Not great for learning to shoot on. If you have the money, I advise buying a cheap full size gun to learn to shoot then buying something like the LCR to CC.
>>
>>33276396
Same experience here.
>>
>>33274807
I was just watching this:
Comparing Ruger LCR : S&W 340 M&P j-frame
https://youtu.be/l3Zo9ewddHc
>>
>>33276396
>I actually had an easier time shooting .357 from a beefier, longer S&W
Literally everybody would say that. It's easier to shoot a larger gun.
>>
Eh. I've been looking to get one for backpacking/hiking and it seems like the 357 version would be a good choice, I've held both the 38 sp and the 357 and the weight really dosn't seem too different from two of them. The other thing is if you get the 357 you can always shoot 38 sp out of it, so you have two options of calibers you can choose.
>>
>>33276767
maybe, but i figured the additional recoil for .357mag vs the .38 in the ruger would have been worse
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.