[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So where do you guys buy your military surplus? Is there a list

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

So where do you guys buy your military surplus? Is there a list of /k/ approved websites or does everyone just kinda shop around depending on what they want? I know sportsman's guide has some surplus, but they don't have everything. Just wondering where you guys go online when you're hunting around.
>>
>>33272892
bumping for interest
>>
There is store in Seattle that I go to every time I visit the "big city".

http://www.gr8gear.com/cgi-gr8gear/sb/ss_mb.cgi?storeid=*1209ffb48ae2117b9b45fa&ss_parm=Ad612a4a02bfa074bacb628c45fdc68f4
>>
>>33272892
I've bought from these two stores and they were ok. I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime, so it felt like it took forever for the shit to get to my door.

>keepshooting.com
pretty good, sometimes the descriptions are lacking/shill too hard.

>kommandostore.com
the k approved store

Only posting these because I wanna see where everyone else buys their shit.
>>
>>33272892
From myself
>>
Have you guys ever ordered from https://www.varusteleka.com/en
?

They have really cool stuff, but I'm in the US so I don't know how smoothly the shipping is, or if it's even worth it.
>>
>>33272966
I've ordered. It ships fine, just expect to wait about a month for it to come to the US. Finland is pretty far away.
>>
>>33272966
Yeah, but that's because I'm a Finn. The lads over at surp generals seem to be pretty happy with the site too though.
>>
>>33272920

I don't care for that place. I rather drive down to Tacoma and buy shit there for half the price.
>>
>>33272932
I know what you mean about amazon prime, i get so impatient now waiting for shit from other places.

I like the kommandos store, but I'm not blown away by their huge selection. What they have is good stuff, but a lot of other stores just have way better selections. Keep shooting looks pretty good, I haven't bought anything from them but it looks legit.
>>
>>33272992
Is the shipping expensive? I've always liked the shit that store carries.
>>
>>33272892
Does anyone have much experience ordering from sportsman's guide? Is their membership deal worth it?
>>
>>33273230

I order a bunch of shit from them. Some times there is small hiccups is shipping. They always treated me fair whwn I call about it. Membership is good if you plan on ordering shit through them more often than 1 or 2 purchases a month.

I ordered a box of 300 rounds of 9mm once, they sent me .40 by mistake. Told me to keep it and they refunded my money.
>>
>>33272966

I order stuff from them to resell. Good people.
>>
>>33273230

Member here.

1. They have increased membership fees, which sucks
2. They send too many fucking advertisements and spam shit in the mail

But the deals make up for it, especially using their credit card and four-pay. Got a DPMS AR on Labor Day for $408 shipped IIRC.
>>
>>33272992

>a month

I've ordered from them three times. Everything has always arrived within two weeks. A fair number of their stuff ends up being cheaper than if ordered here in the Continental US too.
>>
>>33273230
I've ordered from them, always tempted to get the membership but I never do. I guess if you really buy a lot of milsurp it'd be worth it, or ammo/guns/etc. I don't feel like I order enough to make it worthwhile, or if I do get the membership I'll order way more than I can afford.

It's like amazon prime, I signed up and now I scour amazon for anything I'm going to buy to make sure I can't get it there with super fast shipping.
>>
>>33272892
I go to an antique store called The Brass Armadillo.

They have two booths (now) that are full of MOLLE pouches, uniforms, etc.

I actually scored on an Eagle LE in RG, and I also found an HSGI Battlebelt for $11 bucks (which I didn't take).
>>
Surplus world on morse rd in Columbus ohio
>>
>>33273562
I love browsing antique stores, though I haven't gone to one in forever (was a thing I did in high school, cruise around to little towns out in the middle of nowhere). It's amazing what you can find, with kids throwing all of their grandparents' shit into a little 5x5 booth and throwing on some sale stickers.
>>
>>33272892
if you live in the Ohio/KY/Indiana area, Trenton Tactical is pretty good, they have a website too
>>
>>33273423
So it's cheaper including shipping from finland?
>>
>>33272892
ebay
>>
>>33272892
I don't buy milsurp. I have a wierd genetic condition. It's called being straight.
>>
>>33273976
Straight ppl get off my board reeee
>>
>>33273976
God, I can't even imagine that man, you have my sympathy.
>>
>>33273216
Shipping to the US is dirt cheap for being a Finnish company. It's like $10.
>>
>>33273846

They offer flat rate $9.99 shipping to the US if I'm not mistaken.

SOME items end up being cheaper, but not all.

If it takes longer than a week or two to get your items, it's not their fault either. Blame customs for holding it.
>>
>>33272892
Surplus City in Parramatta is as good as you're gonna get in Sydney, if there are any Ausfags interested.
>>
File: M65, no liner.jpg (2MB, 3049x3120px) Image search: [Google]
M65, no liner.jpg
2MB, 3049x3120px
>>33272892
I buy from the k store. The only exceptions are a swedish(?) thermal shirt that I got from my grandpa and an M65 parka that I got a long time ago at a gun show.

Been meaning to visit a little surplus store near my college but have never gotten around to it.
>>
>>33273976
Daily reminder you're not a true kommando unless you're a raging faggot who cc's a bright pink ruger and wears rainbow digital camo
>>
>>33274017
It's hard. You see an attractive female, you want to stick it in her pussy. I'm a horrible person.
>>
>>33274249
>attractive female
Bit of a contradiction there
>>
>>33272892
Sportsman's Guide, Major Surplus, Old Grouch, Coleman's, Ebay, gun shows, thrift stores. Just shop around for the best deal.
>>
>tfw working on starting my own company which will sell milsurp and other things

Should be launching in April. Feels good.
>>
>>33275678
Gib name and website please?
>>
>>33275678
I expect discounts for /k/ommandos
>>
>>33275796

Not going to advertise it now but when I'm operational, it will be respectfully revealed without board spamming, etc. Working on some unique products and such too. Got a line of credit coming in and have some interesting items picked out for purchase and resell. Possibly going to invest in equipment to make some patches/shirts/etc but undecided at this point.

>>33275812

Discount is already planned. I've posted on here for many many years and the least I could do. You guys are great. There will be some non-gun things sold too (vintage electronics, vidya, etc) but I've sold on eBay for nearly 10 years and I'll be keeping my prices low. I like quick turnaround over keeping shit for 6-12 months before some guy gives in and lets me rape his wallet.

Progress is going well and right now I'm waiting on my line of credit to finalize and I have some more paperwork to finish up on Monday.

Website is still in the works but when it's done, I'll be taking payments with everything from USPS Money Orders to PayPal to credit cards to bitcoin and more. Over half of my initial inventory is already in house.
>>
File: IMG_3752.jpg (58KB, 720x726px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3752.jpg
58KB, 720x726px
>>33272892
It burned down
>>
File: 20170311_181345.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170311_181345.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>33274923
Sportsman's Guide is definitely a good choice. I picked up pic related for $26.
>>
>>33276024
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/dutch-military-surplus-microfiber-towels-2-pack-used?a=1844908

Sold out now but they were $1 for two towels. The towels are fucking huge. I bought 50 sets. Some I've cut in half and used as gun rags and the such.

Where in the fuck are you going to be a microfibre towel for 50 cents?
>>
>>33275931
Need hosting or any website help?
>>
>>33272932
I know exactly what you mean by that. I got a PASGT vest shipped from California to [Redacted] on the east coast, and thanks to the USPS being kicked into high gear for Christmas is got my glorious 12 pounds of mostly expired Kevlar within 30 hours. It was amazingly fast.

I got something recently from Washington and was really disappointed that it took 48 hours.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.