[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these safe to shoot? Scratched them up fucking around with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Are these safe to shoot? Scratched them up fucking around with mosin stripper clips, the scratches aren't too deep but I don't wanna have a ruptured case or something
>>
>>33272156
Soak the whole cartridge in WD-40 OVERNIGHT that should help it
>>
Looks superficial at worst, go for it.
>>
>>33272156
Yes. Park this one in your skull
>>
>>33272156
Just how fragile do you think ammunition is?
>>
>>33272156
you just get that nugget OP??
>>
>>33272156
You could shoot almost anything out of a nugget
>>
>>33272174
This, you should really soak all surplus ammo in WD-40. WD-40 has special solvents for older ammunition which cleans them and restructures the crystalline structure of the power and primer to be more like when they were new.

In old ammunition, especially in poor storage conditions like in Russia and other nations, the crystal structure of the powder can be hydrolyzed and rendered inert. This causes side reactions like rusting of the interior of the case and reduces the burn efficiency of the powder. By soaking in WD-40, you dehydrolyze the powder and form a protective coating on the inside of the case. This also makes the ammo cleaner and improves accuracy.

WD-40 was invented by the Germans during WWI, as they found the muddy and dirty trenches to render their ammunition dirty and prone to misfires and hangfires. WD is just an anagram for "Wehrmacht Direktiv", or "military order" and 40 indicates that it was the 40th declaration the military made at that point in its history. They invented this solution to both clean produced ammo and to store ammo when in the trenches. It's truly miraculous stuff and is so popular you can find it almost anywhere.
>>
>>33273890
>Some moron somewhere is gonna take this seriously
>>
File: how-to-call-me.png (375KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-call-me.png
375KB, 1920x1080px
>>33273890
Nice
>>
>>33273890

In all seriousness, would this cause the cause to braze to the inside of the chamber? That would be pretty lulzy.
>>
You're good to go. It's a freaking surplus steel case, I don't see how that could rupture in any way.
>>
>>33272156
no, the whole batch might be ruined. send it to me for proper disposal
>>
>>33272156
I dunno OP, those scratches look a little deep, case rupture is likely at those pressures in an enclosed space. Sad to say I think you're going to have to toss those.
>>
>>33272156
Just give me all your ammo, I specialize in fixing these problems. I'll make sure to inspect, and repair each one by hand if I see any signs of case rupturing.
>>
>>33273890
Thanks for tellin me, Mattv2099
>>
File: 1478461014597.png (413KB, 1275x881px) Image search: [Google]
1478461014597.png
413KB, 1275x881px
>>33272156
Your fine. I'd only really be worried if the lining of the casing had holes or cracks in it. That would let the pressure leave from areas it shouldn't. Scratches ain't shit though.
>>
>>33272156
Baby' first gun? Its fine man. I've done the same thing, much worse, with brass cases. It's perfectly fine.
>>
>>33272195
To be fair, a buddy and myself were trying to remove a projectile from a brass case that got bent to shit at the range and a guy asked us not to do that because he said it could explode. Do not be surprised how retarded people can be.

Also, nice b8 OP I r8 8/8.
>>
>>33274049
No. Cases dont melt. Also, the coatings are more of a preservative than anything else.
>>
>>33278536
And yes, its also an extraction aid.
>>
>>33272156
haha

puny capitalist think he can damage boolet of mosin

you good joker
>>
>>33272156

I fired cartridges that were in worse condition - including bullets pushed deeper into case or cartridges with bent cases. Those tiny scratches are nothing.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.