[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me more about the Rhogun? I've looked and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: rhogun.jpg (104KB, 400x501px) Image search: [Google]
rhogun.jpg
104KB, 400x501px
Can someone tell me more about the Rhogun? I've looked and looked but never found anything about it other than this poster.
>>
This is based on really hazy memories, so I may be getting confused, but I believe it was designed during the Rodesian Bush War and intended to be given or sold to civilians so that they could protect their homes from guerillas.

The name Rhogun doesn't ring a bell, I think it had a more normal name in Rhodesia and Rhogun was something the importer came up with. I'd guess that they never found their way to other countries because of sanctions on Rodesia and that nation's eventual collapse.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>33270984
Rhogun?
>>
>>33271195
thanks man now I've got soda all over my keyboard
>>
>>33271195
Clever girl.
>>
>>33270984
A retard friendly, low cost, open bolt 9mm blowback submachinegun (Do note that the bolt is also telescoping, like the Uzi or a PM-63) intended for famillies and farmers out in the countryside to protect themselves from racist and classist communists that wanted to terrorize plantation farmers or workers whom worked under them (Which they considered them as the dogs of the white men)
>>
>>33271251
Do you have any photos from the era or of restored guns?
>>
I'm having zero luck finding pictures and very little finding info.

My guess is that the gun on that flyer was probably a prototype that has since been lost. Some sources say that the Rhogun evolved into the Lacoste LDP, but I'm doubtful because the LDP is clearly based on a Czech design and bears very little resemblance to the Rhogun.

Whatever the case may be, I think it's pretty safe to guess that the Rhogun never made it into production.
>>
>>33271836
>Whatever the case may be, I think it's pretty safe to guess that the Rhogun never made it into production.
Not necessarily. Considering they required a deposit, they were probably made to order and any examples made would never have left Rhodesia.
>>
>>
>>33271864
That makes sense too, I guess, but the numbers would have to be pretty damn small or there would at least be photos of them out there. You'd think Soldier of Fortune would've done an article if they'd actually made it out there in any kind of numbers.

>>33271934
The filename says RHOGUN, but I'm 99.9% sure that's an Uzi.
>>
>>33271934
Thats an Uzi.
>>
>>33271579
Unfortunately, no. I do know that most of its design and functions was under the influence of the Uzi due to Israel providing arms and weapons support. A considered successor of the Rhogun would the LDP, but I have my doubts since alot of the influence came from a Czech Sa. 26. Then again, it was mostly called the Rhodesian Uzi for its origins.
>>
>>33272041
>Sa. 26
Whoops, meant Sa. 23
>>
>>33271956
There's a book on them
>>
File: 1474191762500.jpg (86KB, 650x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1474191762500.jpg
86KB, 650x1017px
Bump (I know that's not a Rhogun)
>>
>>33273869
I wonder how many nogs the little girl plugged with that revolver. also, what kind is it? at first glance i thought it was a webley
>>
>>33273929
Enfield No. 2 I think. Similar to the Webley. Chambered in .38/200 and used by the Rhodesian Security Forces.
>>
File: my no 2 (Custom).jpg (613KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
my no 2 (Custom).jpg
613KB, 1600x1200px
>>33273944
looks about right, thanks
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.