[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically, let's say I'm in a road rage situation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

Hypothetically, let's say I'm in a road rage situation where I'm the victim and a guy has followed me to where I stopped and gotten out of my car and he jumps out of his car and starts aggressively walking towards me in a manner that indicates he's going to assault me (and shouts that he's going to hurt me). Can I shoot him with my concealed and have it be a justified self defence scenario or is that now enough?
>>
>>33270955
*not enough
>>
File: 1386007292211.jpg (80KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
1386007292211.jpg
80KB, 500x710px
Are you in fear for your life? Does he have looks that could kill?
I guess you could, but you better hope people in the cars watching you see it the same way.
>>
only if he charges you
shooting someone who is angrily speed walking toward you doesn't look good in a self defense case, and it would be a nightmare to defend in court.
although people have gotten away with worse, depending on the state you live in.
>>
>>33270955
Or, just like, drive off retard since you are in your car and now he is not in his
>>
>>33270982
I wrote I've gotten out of my car by that point.
>>
>>33270955
Probably not. He followed you to "where you parked ", indicating that escape was still an option at that time, you never indicate that you lost the means to enter your car and call for help or leave, and, most damningly, he was apparently unarmed. The whole situation looks like you killed the guy because he pissed you off, not because you were in fear for your life. Things might be different if you were on your own property and your life was in actual danger, or if you were acting in defence of another, but as it stands you'd likely be fucked.
>>
>>33270955
Nope, unless he has a weapon or is currently beating the shit out of you, you're gonna go to jail for murder 2
>>
>>33270955
Depends on the state, in FL you could drill him between the eyes and then joke about it with cops afterwards.
>>
>>33270955
Yes, it is enough. Ignore the other retards.
>>
>>33270955
In my state (IN), if you have reason to believe your life or safety is on danger (ie he shouts "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" or he tried to run you off the road or something), you could pull your gun and, if it's "reasonable to believe that [giving him a verbal warning] will not place [your] life or [the life of another] in danger" you give him a warning that if he continues approaching you, you will shoot. At that point it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy where if he continues to approach you he clearly doesn't give a shit about anything but wrecking your shit and you can proceed with the tapping of the center mass.
>>
>>33271013
t. Prosecutor

If you want to kill someone you have to convince a liberal jury that your life was in danger. Good luck lad.
>>
>>33271006
Add long as he's black, Latino, or poor white, yes. Absolutely.
>>
>>33270991
Then get back in your car, lock the doors, and drive away you dip shit.
>>
>>33270955

no because you could just mash the accelerator and drive away, based on what you typed

and if some asshole is following you, then drive to your local police department honking the horn before pulling any stupid gun shooting stunts
>>
>>33270955
>Can I shoot him with my concealed and have it be a justified self defence scenario or is that now enough?
Totally depends on the state and if you provoked the guy. Hypothetical: getting out of the car which means your not trying to retreat from a threat. Bad news in most places since you have a duty to retreat if possible.
>>
>>33271061
100% this

If you DON'T DE-ESCALATE you're going to get fucked in court
>>
>>33271068
This. My CPL instructor was a cop, and said that concealed carry should make you more polite, not more aggressive. You shouldn't be leaning on it, like that. It's literally a last ditch option. You should drive to a police station if you are being followed or dial 911. If you think you can go to your gun like it's the old West, count on spending time in prison.
>>
File: 1489159954747.jpg (37KB, 880x558px) Image search: [Google]
1489159954747.jpg
37KB, 880x558px
There was just an old pig in Florida that shot someone who was "aggressively coming after him" in a movie theater.

> The judges face when
>>
>>33270955
Just got think of how you would handle th same scenario if you don't have a gun.

Too many pussies with guns these days.
>>
Sup david
>>
>>33271126

Ya nah the guy threw popcorn in the retired cops face and the retired cop stood up and shot the man dead on the spot. Then confessed to detectives afterwards that he immedietly regretted what he did and knew he dun fucked up.

Now hes facing murder II because the judge doesnt consider a thrown bag of popcorn to be a threat to life or limb.

Fucking dumbass lol
>>
>>33270955
Don't get out of the damn car, just drive away and call the cops/drive to the nearest police station.
>>
>>33270955
Even pulling out a firearm and not pointing it in the described situation is called "brandishing a firearm." I was arrested for this exact thing, I might as well be OP. Went to court for the and faced a mandatory three months in jail if lost so I took a plea bargain of probation which I then sued to have expunged and to get the 10 year firearm ban removed. Cost about $4k because some guy cut me off! I flipped him off and then your story happens, police and courts are not gun friendly in most the country. Next time it stays holstered until I'm in a real dire situation.
>>
>>33270955
Depends on your state and their interpretation of the castle doctrine
>>
>>33270955
Pay attention on the road, and be a better driver! People road rage for a reason! Put your phone down!
>>
>>33270991
Why did you get out fucking moron
>>
>>33271459
>People road rage for a reason!
yes stupid people for stupid reasons, thankfully there are a lot of roads in my state where there is no one around to be a witness
>>
>be op playing with phone while driving
>slowing down speeding up swerving all over the road
>nearly causes a dozen accidents everyday
>can't be bothered
>someone finally tries to say something to him
>op wants to shoot the bad man who made him feel bad.
>>
>>33271594
I bet your so focused on your murder fantasies you can barely pay attention to the road.
>>
>>33270955
Is this the same guy who starts those ND threads?
>>
When it comes to CCW remember this, You are protecting your life, not your manhood. Sometimes you have to put your ego away and be the pussy and get the fuck out of there. It's part of being responsible with a gun. Don't escalate any situation that would force you to use it. Only use it when you have no other options. If you can't trust yourself to do that then you probably shouldn't be carrying at all.
>>
>>33271887
Op isn't interested in responsibility. He wants to kill. This is why we cant have nice things.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 419x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 419x364px
>>33270991
Don't get out of the car, dumbass. Anything that happens past this point could have been easily avoided.
>>
>>33271055
That's like... Everyone in florida under the age of 65.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.