[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any /k/ifaru bros here? I've been wanting to buy a pack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5452.jpg (460KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5452.jpg
460KB, 800x800px
Any /k/ifaru bros here? I've been wanting to buy a pack for the past 10 years and I think that's i finally will. It will mainly be used as a day pack for hiking. I want to get the E&E and run a setup like most people do with an organizer and two pockets, but they don't seem to sell the skinny pockets anymore. Does anyone follow kifaru enough to know what happened to them? The current pockets are too big to mount to the side.
>>
>>33270615

Email them and ask
>>
>>33270615
Can't see spending that kind of cheddar for a day pack. I could buy 4 "tactical" packs of similar size from walmart. Unless you're a no shit HSLD operator who does this shit for a living and will use that gear to failure in less than a year due to hard use you're wasting you're money imo but this is America so feel free.
>>
>>33270912
>tactical packs from walmart
great so they feel like shit and fall apart in a couple months. kifaru is kind of gucchi but buy once cry once yo
>>
>>33271085
I do 6+ mile hikes at least 3 days a week year round. Been rocking a tan Walmart tactical pack for 3 years with no signs of it stopping any time soon. I don't see one like mine on the website anymore, but they have similar ones. You don't need a tier one pack to carry some toilet paper, a hydration bladder and some snacks. Spend all that money you save of tier one boots and socks.
>>
>>33270615
You waited 10 years to buy a fucking back pack? Jesus dude sometimes you just gotta buy something, 19 years of research is more than land developers take.

Did you wait ten years to start hiking too cause you didnt have the right pack?
>>
File: images (3).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>33270615
I'll tell ya, I got a lightly used ILBE Assault pack off of Ebay for $30 three years ago and I have never looked back. Actually have used it almost everyday with no problems.
>>
>>33270615
>rocking
Wow, I was not aware of this brand. Checking their site, I gotta say, those packs look fucking awesome. I've got a Maxpedition Falcon II that I really love, but I've been considering other options for different scenarios. I like it as a bugout bag, but I've been thinking of building out and INCH bag from a larger, framed pack.

Something about these packs just oozes aesthetics. What model is in your pic? That's not their E&E is it?
>>
>>33272620
>I got a lightly used ILBE Assault pack off of Ebay for $30 three years ago and I have never looked back

Same, I sold it for 80 dollars on eBay this morning. I wonder why the prices jacked up.
>>
>>33272725
They went to a new system so those bags aren't getting surp'd anymore. Same with the old style ILBE ruck. They days of getting one in great shape for $75 are over.
>>
I normally just use an army assault pack if I need to carry stuff away from my vehicle while /out/. If I don't plan on "scavenging" interesting things I'll just bring a camelbak and something to carry a couple mags and tools.
>>
>>33271306
Most hiking I do is 4+ days. I've been using a 60L pack for everything. Now I'm doing longer day hikes.
>>
>>33270615
They phase out some of their packs and pouches every so often. Started that a few years ago. Call em and ask though. They might make a one off.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.