[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the "Roland Special" Glock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: glock-special-19-roland-9.jpg (41KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
glock-special-19-roland-9.jpg
41KB, 1000x667px
What do you think about the "Roland Special" Glock 19 modification? Does it have merit?
>same length as a G34
>softer shooting due to comp
>just as accurate due to RMR optic, making sight radius irrelevant
>>
>>33270573
By that logic a glock 34 with a compensator would be even more soft shooting
>>
>>33270620

Yes, true, I should have been more clear. The Roland Special was designed to still be "compact" enough for concealed carry.
>>
File: 20170305-IMG_2410.jpg (1MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
20170305-IMG_2410.jpg
1MB, 5184x3456px
my friend just finished his up and I have to say its really fun to shoot.

The comp makes it shoot hella flat and smooth while the RMR makes it a bit easier to get "on target"

Its not for everyone though.
>>
>"precision handgun barrels" are stupid
>forward slide serrations are stupid
>forward slide serrations on top of the slide are in a new league of stupid
>compensator isn't necessary for 9mm given proper grip and is stupid
>adding over an inch of metal to the front of a compact pistol ruins the whole point of buying said compact pistol and is stupid
>RMR is a gimmick (aka stupid)

It's a tacticool race gun. Only thing to add to a Glock 19 is Trijicon HD sights, a new trigger, and a light if you plan to use it at night. Spend the rest on ammo and training
>>
>>33270689
This
>>
>>33270626
nigga if you think you can cc a handgun with optics, extra compensator and a flashlight the size of a spare mag, there's something wrong with you
>>
>>33270715

Not sure where you live but in cold climates it's very easy to cc large guns under winder jackets, I carry a G34 as my "winter" gun.
>>
File: roland_960x1080.jpg (371KB, 1440x1620px) Image search: [Google]
roland_960x1080.jpg
371KB, 1440x1620px
>>33270573
>"Roland Special"

I don't think that's something Roland would be using.
>>
File: 1489181171669.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1489181171669.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>33270626
>Concealing a gun with a light, compensator, and a fucking RMR
Good luck lol
>>
>>33270626
The people who CC a handgun with a compensator, RMR, X300U, and top slide serrations are the first to die in a gunfight

>>33270731
Do you carry spare mags for that under your fedora?
>>
>>33270573
going to give it a shot after my FN shit the bed recently
>>
If it was a glock 20 then I'd seriously consider it as a camping "wish a black bear would" gun but other than that it's a gimmick for ccw. Home/Biz defense would probably be fine.
>>
How many times a month are we gonna have this thread? The only thing that makes it soft shooting is the extra weight and it was done AS A JOKE.if you want a non retarded version just put a fiber optic front and xc1 on an G19 size gun.

Roland is gay, at least the Rowland NEEDS a comp

>>33270715
Outside of finding a holster for it, a lot of people already CC fullsize handguns, WMLs and optics are becoming much more prevalent. It wouldn't be super comfortable but it wouldn't be hard.
>>
>>33270762
Getting the baseless claim train running early huh. It's a silly gun but you're being a twat
>>
>>33270573
>costs $2,300 with customer supplied firearm

You could buy night sights, a new trigger, and 4,000 rounds of 9mm with a $1,000 left for training.
>>
>>33270626
But it isn't compact enough to conceal. I CC a Glock 17 w/ light and that's hard enough and only possible because I live in an area that has cold weather and snow for 6 months of the year. CCing something that's longer, and has an optic would be challenging to impossible for very little added benefit.

tl;dr the Roland Special is a tacticool meme dreamt up by people who have ran out of practical ideas to market.
>>
The thing was made as a joke and the only appeal it has outside of an ISPC course is the special tingly feeling it gives to clueless morons who don't know the XC1 exists and think the comp actually does anything.

Of course it's perfectly fine to know very well it's a literal meme while still enjoying shooting it.
>>
>new trigger
I've been rocking - connector and ny1 spring, bretty nice desu, are aftermarket triggers really worth it?
>>
Cool idea but I'd rather do the Agency Arms NOC
>Glock 19 w/ comp & RMR slide cut
Same lenght as a g17
I'd add a sf xc1 tho
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.