[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Improved and modernized over time It's not hard to improve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: m9-11.jpg (325KB, 1598x1000px) Image search: [Google]
m9-11.jpg
325KB, 1598x1000px
>Improved and modernized over time
It's not hard to improve on garbage
Name a pistol that is more overrated, /k/
>>
>>33269664
Idk, I'd wager the m9

For what it is, it heavy and really thicc. I dislike the slide mounted safety decocker as well. I think if it wasn't the sidearm off the US, it might have fell to the wayside?
>>
Every glock ever
>>
>>33269682
At the time it was procured it was actually really good with the weight/thickness. I agree the decocker is a dumb location also. The main reason it won over the SIG was that Baretta agreed to build in the US.

Now with Striker fired/polymer pistols being literally everywhere, the M9 is comparatively heavy, thick and a obsolete design.
>>
>>33269664
AK/AR pistols.
But really, I do feel like 1911 is the most overrated. There's nothing wrong with the gun and it's fun to shoot it, but people take it WAAAY too seriously.
>>
The best improvement for the 1911 was cambering it in 9x19
>>
>>33269711
AK pistols were more a necessity of replacing SMGs. Where NATO/Western countries had stuff like MP5's the WARPAC countries simply modified their most prolific firearm to meet the need. Then movies pushed it further and it's stuck around even though better shit's available.

That AR Pistol... that I honestly believe purely exist to avoid SBR compliance/pure civilian enjoyment.

Overall completely agree that the 1911 is most overrated gun in modern society. >>33269716
.38 Super was actually a great upgrade to it also.
>>
File: Purge the heretic!.webm (608KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Purge the heretic!.webm
608KB, 960x720px
>>33269730
I was kidding with the AK/AR pistols. Their main purpose is being a range toy (and) avoiding SBR compliance. While it has a niche real purpose of, say, navigating a "rifle" inside a car, it's just a toy. I call bullshite on AK pistol replacing SMG's. That purpose was covered by either machinepistols or AKSU, y'know, which have stocks. That being said, I still want something like this just to fuck around with.
>It's a damn bolter
>Remove heretic

>>33269716
That one I don't get much. Why use a gun that's famously .45ACP and make it a 9mm Luger when there's a gorillion of other purpose-made 9mils?
>>
>>33269664
The pistol OP owns is the most overrated pistol
>>
>>33269896
Fuck you nigger

Everybody else's pistol is overrated except mine, mine is overlooked and underappreciated, fucking scrubs.
>>
>>33269730
>.38 Super was actually a great upgrade
You mean .45 was a terrible downgrade.
>>
>>33269980
The higher pressure "38 super" didn't exist before the 1911, it was the 38 auto, and personally I'd much rather have the 45 over the older 38 loading.
38 super is nice if you need to shoot through 1920's car doors.
>>
>>33269664

>1911
>overeated

By fucking who?
>>
>>33270049
>overeated
Yeah, I remember the time I gorged on a crate full of RIA full sizes, was shittin liquid for weeks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.