[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Expandable baton... is it worth $11 usd? (is the only i can get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: x1.png (424KB, 793x788px) Image search: [Google]
x1.png
424KB, 793x788px
Expandable baton... is it worth $11 usd? (is the only i can get in my country)

PICTURE TRADUCTION:

•RIGID
•IS IN 4 SECTIONS
•STAINLESS
•FOR PERSONAL DEFENSE
•63,5 cm (EXTENDED... like 25 inchs)
•18,5 cm (Closed... like 7,28 inchs)
•Weight: 0,44kg

this is the best that i can found... /k/ is it worth? should i buy it?
>>
•Telescopic baton pavonado (i forget it at the beggining)
>>
Looks a bit flimsy, probably quite sufficient to beat somebody senseless with but it will most likely bend enough that it won't collapse back down anymore afterwards.
>>
>>33269490
oh damn... how much hits you guess it will resist against a guy?
>>
>>33269457
The important question is - is it hardened? If it's soft stainless, you either risk
A) Bending it so you can't put it back together when fucking around or training
B) Outright breaking apart
both of which are a big concern when it's 11 burgerbucks. That, and people who carry batons around usually tell me that 3 sections is the best for ease of carry / durability ratio.
>>
File: AR VEH BEH.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AR VEH BEH.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>33269457
If you ride a bike it is great for mirrors and surprising people with.

I can break bone with good strikes, but is better severed to keep someone back.

I work boot will kill someone faster than beating them in the head with this.
>>
>>33269457
Any expandable baton less than 40 dollars door is a cheap piece of Chinesium and will bend on the first hit.

If you want one, ASP is like the glock of batons. Pretty much every LEO carries one and they're difficult to break.
>>
>>33269457
For $11, you're going to get a pretty cheap baton that's either really heavy or has plastic parts. If you really want one, ASP is the brand you want to buy.
>>
>>33269792
Your 5 sec vids are always a riot. Post some unseen ones mijn vriend uit Transvaal.
>>
>>33269824
ASP makes the best. Don't know if you care but they were designed to allow a cop to subdue a suspect, to injure and not kill (in USA). Take a training class if available in your country. Designed to be struck against major muscle groups -- upper arm, lower arm, thigh, calf -- and not above the neck. Considered a deadly weapon if misused. Good luck. -- ASP-certified 20 yrs ago.
>>
>>33269726
This anon raises a very valid point. Buy hardened or don't buy at all.
While a baton is easy enough to use, if you rely on it for self defense you will want to practice with it. A rattan escrima baton is good for practice, if you have the available space a stack of tires bolted one on top of the other makes a good target that offers feedback upon striking.
Practice right shoulder diagonal strikes at optimal distance, left shoulder diagonals, left-check-right combo, short tip strikes in close distance and long tip stabs that roll into a diagonal strike.
A bit of combatives to go with the baton will give you a really solid base for sd.
>>
>>33269824
>>33269828
>>33270157
ASP is overpriced and meant for burgerland buyers. If anyone in Europe is looking for a baton they should check out the ESP brand - half or less the price of ASP and just as indestructible. They also come with great swivelling belt clips.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.