[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that .22's, shotguns, revolvers, bolt guns,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: KcDLBeg.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
KcDLBeg.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Daily reminder that .22's, shotguns, revolvers, bolt guns, leverguns and milsurp are all either obsolete or objectively inferior choices for anything other than outright fuddery.

Unless you chase wabbits (waste of time and pointlessly cruel IMO) you can have all your bases squared away with two, MAYBE three guns. I'm talking quality modern firearms here. Then you can invest your money into other things.
>>
>>33269405
what if I collect firearms because I enjoy their historical significance and the evolution of weapon design and services?

Not everyone's a poorfag who needs the biggest bang for their government-appointed buck or a sheepdawg mallninja, OP-shitposter-senpai
>>
I have 42 guns, 2 are Glocks, one a Sig-Sauer and two AR's. The rest are .22's, shotguns, revolvers, bolt guns, leverguns and milsurp.
>>
>>33269405
>STOP BUYING THINGS I DONT LIKE

/thread
>>
I know this is bait but

>bird hunting with an AR

loving every laugh
>>
>>33269405
What if I want to plink for under 10 cents a round or shoot a round of trap?
>>
>>33269421
>>33269422
>>33269431

You're a step away psychologically from being the guy with 7 F-series trucks leeching shit into his soil & damaging his property value while he parts them out. You just got lucky that your pointless hobby/fixation doesn't take up as much room. It's still a waste of time and money though.
>>
>>33269438

>bird hunting

I don't see much point in shooting animals. Also, I question the economy of it. Unless you shoot large flocks of geese or something, you'll never get the value out of your gun, gear and time.
>>
>>33269439

>plinking under 10 cents a round
Literally a meme. It could pay off over the long term, but once you've bought the .22, an optic (most people will do so), magazines, sling etc... you could easily be up past $400 or $500 before you even pull the trigger on your "cheap plinker." You'll still need to practice with actual ammunition on a real rifle before you'll be any good with it, so you might as well have just put the money into a crate of 5.56 or better yet, .300blk.

>round of trap
As I said, outright fuddery.
>>
>>33269456

I also have 3 cars and 2 trucks.
>>
>>33269405
What if I want a handgun that can fire multiple brands, multiple designs, and multiple calibers of ammunition without modification, disassembly, or exchanging parts all while retaining so few moving parts that I could fire it from inside a pocket or holster, fire it reliably while pressed into the torso of an attacker, or actively use it as a bludgeon without the fear of forcing a ftf or fte? With my 357 revolver I can shoot 6 different calibers. I have cartridges loaded with shot that I can use to actively dispatch vermin or hunt birds, rabbits, and squirrels for foodstuffs. I have hollow points for defensive rounds. Soft points for hunting medium sized game. I have armor piercing rounds that could be used to destroy the engine block of an oncoming vehicle if i ever really needed to. In the event that, for some reason, things go south with the firearms community and it becomes increasingly difficult to buy ammo or powder i could manufacture my black powder and still keep shooting without any problems aside from more frequent cleaning. In terms of longevity one good revolver is a sound investment. Wouldn't be my first choice for armed conflict but then again no handgun would be my first choice.
>>
>>33269486

Lemme check..... 50 rounds.... nay, I pay less than 0,10 cents for .22. Something like 0,07. Tell me how much your 5.56 goes for a round, son.

Plus the gun was cheap as fuck thanks to the endless parade of used sales. Who would have known.

Surrender, for people who don't care about memes and want only fun, relaxed plinking or shooting .22 guns are a great buy.
>>
>>33269461
>I don't see much point in shooting animals

That's because you're a gigantic pussy
>>
>>33269461
you're absolutely right. why would anybody want to fill their freezers with several pounds (depending on what you hunt) of fresh organic and cruelty-free meat for only the cost of a bullet? Days or even years worth of organic protein and minerals for only a few bucks?! Who would even consider of such a silly thing? Especially when you can just drive to the super market and get a flash frozen and steroid injected turkey for a measly pittance of $30. Nope. Not economical at all. Oh and a lot of people inherit the guns they hunt with so...
>>
>>33269486
>calls everything a meme
>"better yet, .300blk"
>>
>>33269516

Saving this autism as pasta
>>
>>33269405
>poorfag scope
>poorfag aero lower
>poorfag light
>glock

Gee I wonder why someone like this would think you only need a few guns?
>>
>>33269506

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>33269405
>BOLT GUNS
>SHOTGUNS
yeah except you are 100% wrong but ok
>>
>>33269405
>I'm talking quality modern firearms here

so pic not related then
>>
>>33269461
What a colossal faggot. Your opinions are worth shit.
>>
>>33269651
All I can afford is an SKS. He couldn't be that much of a poorfag, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 650x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 650x438px
>>33269405
>Then you can invest your money into other things.
Gotta fund your vidya, right, OP?
>>
File: 1454572498271.jpg (66KB, 308x526px) Image search: [Google]
1454572498271.jpg
66KB, 308x526px
>stop collecting things reeeeeee
get out
>>
>>33269405
>any gun
>obsolete
On a battlefield, sure, but for personal use that's basically impossible.
>>
>>33269405
competitive shooting is all .22 though
>>
>>33269405

> outright fuddery

Those obsolete bolt and lever actions and shotguns are acquiring some damn fine food for the table though. I just use mine for a hobby and the rare chance someone tries to break into my home.

You've convinced me I should really learn to hunt, OP.
>>
>>33269405
>im too fat and poor to hunt: the post
>>
File: 1485052976083.gif (981KB, 225x199px) Image search: [Google]
1485052976083.gif
981KB, 225x199px
>>33270580
>>
>>33269405
But rabbits taste good. Anything bigger than 22 BTFO what would be a good meal.
>>
>>33269560
>>33269461

>for only the cost of a bullet?

and permits (depending on state), tags depending on animal, and gear, and a suitable firearm in the first place

I mean I'm all for hunting but it's not as cheap as people like to say it is.

>you'll never get the value out of your gun, gear and time.
As far as time goes, I just enjoy going outdoors so even if I don't bag something, my time is well worth it to be honest.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.