[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the more advanced firearms that humanity has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2150.jpg (91KB, 800x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2150.jpg
91KB, 800x441px
What are some of the more advanced firearms that humanity has made?
Im talking 2016 and after
The scar was super popular in 2007 to this day, are we going to see newer versions of the same rifles? Or could we be seeing new designs?
>>
>>33266705
Advances
in the last year?

yeah, no
>>
>>33266705
>are we going to see newer versions of the same rifles? Or could we be seeing new designs?
Maybe to an extent. There's not much new territory to mine with rifles at this point. Maybe polymer ammo, more advanced optics integration, or things like that.
>>
no major wars, no major innovations
>>
Scar is just an overpriced piece of shit though.
>>
>>33266705
>New Technologies
Tracking Point. Homing bullets. Electronic or Laser ignition. Caseless ammo and stuff.
>New designs
Service pistols: 90% of new designs are basically glocks with a quirk. There's always preferences, niches etc. The cheaper development and setting up manufacturing are, the more designs you'll see. Might be there will be more pistol designs still, but they won't be bringing much new.
Assault rifles/"modern sporting rifles": Higher initial costs, lower demand means fewer models developed. Also more complex and more details. More variety with ergonomics. In short, it takes longer until all the niches are filled. Also not as much competition, which is why there's no AR18 variant worth the money on the market yet (it was meant to be cheaper than the AR15 originally!) New models are still coming out every now and then.
Many more niches for target shooting, hunting etc. will be filled eventually, but nothing really revolutionary.
>>
>>33266705
I dont think yo even own guns,let alone understand what it takes for major changes.
Yes thats right op,I am calling out out and the retard you are for making this useless thread.
>>
Cased telescoped. The Brits and French finally put in on their new IFV, the US has it in the LSAT prototype, it's too good to not be implemented eventually.

Smart scopes ofc. Trijicon has a military-grade version of the Tracking Point for machinegunnners.
>>
>>33266705
>What are some of the more advanced firearms that humanity has made? I'm talking 2016 and after
Basically none. Caseless is dead, telescoping is still chugging along. The real advancements we will see in the foreseeable future will be in optics rather than guns themselves
>The scar was super popular in 2007 to this day, are we going to see newer versions of the same rifles? Or could we be seeing new designs?
The SCAR isn't an "advanced firearm", its a refinement of the AR16 from 1960. That said, designs are likely to become evermore homogenized. Even HK new G36 looks more like a SCAR/Masada than the gun its actually developed from. Bullpups are dead generally speaking, only really holding appeal for countries with specialized needs like Israel (literally armored warfare: the country) or Croatia (everyone there is fucking huge so LoP means nothing to them)
>>
File: G37.jpg (19KB, 620x444px) Image search: [Google]
G37.jpg
19KB, 620x444px
>>
File: balanced_action[1].gif (20KB, 475x143px) Image search: [Google]
balanced_action[1].gif
20KB, 475x143px
AN-94 has a cool recoil removing mechanisim.
>>
>>33266705

daisy v/l

the idea never caught on though
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 186x119px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 186x119px
>>33270096
tfw I feel like a manlet being 6'1'' in Cr*atia
>>
Isn't the Sig MPX very recent? So what does it bring to the table? A standard 9mm SMG with AR controls? oh..
>2k dollaz
holy damn
>>
>>33270114
This gun is probably the biggest innovation in guns in a long time
>>
>>33270690
Hardly groundbreaking. The Colt 9mm SMG has been around since the early 80s and the modern iteration of that (AR6951) could be had for $1200, SBR stamp included. As others have said, there's really nothing new under the sun as far as guns go.
>>
>>33270734
Keltec rdb: bullpup with simplistic action ,downward ejection and crisp trigger
>>
>>33270690

everything it does, the scorp evo does about as good for a quarter of the price.
>>
File: DSC_4568.jpg (221KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4568.jpg
221KB, 1200x803px
>>33270690
>Isn't the Sig MPX very recent? So what does it bring to the table? A standard 9mm SMG with AR controls?

If that's what you want, you're better off with the B&T APC9.

The MPX claim to fame was being a piston driven SMG, which theoretically should be great for suppressing. Except that it shits gas everywhere for no reason.

A shame, a damn shame.
>>
>>33270114
I think you mean the A-545/AEK-971.AN-94 was hyper-burst.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.