[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright lads I live in the great communist shithole of Mary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 800px-FN-P90.jpg (68KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-FN-P90.jpg
68KB, 800x450px
Alright lads

I live in the great communist shithole of Maryland. I've been scrapping together some money for a while to buy an FN PS90. Went into a gun shop today and asked about getting one.

Turns out the PS-90 has been added to Maryland's banned firearm list on grounds that it's a "copycat of a existing firearm on the ban list".

This does not make any fucking sense to me and I'm planning to inquire about it. If you've seen or fired the PS-90, then you know it is a very odd firearm with all proprietary parts. I believe they have made a mistake, but I might need to make a compelling case to have it taken off the ban list.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing? You can see the list here:

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

>Does meet the definition of a copycat weapon

Banned as of Jan 27, 2017.

Pic roughly related
>>
>>33266647
What the fuck is the PS90 a copycat of? A P90?
>>
>>33266647
>If you've seen or fired the PS-90, then you know it is a very odd firearm with all proprietary parts.

not really, it shares many parts with the banned P90, really everything but the exact barrel and trigger group is exactly the same

swapping in a P90 trigger group makes it a machine gun.....
>>
>>33266647

you are not personally going to get a gun off the fucking banned list

get real bro
>>
>>33266647

>posts photo of P90, is talking about the PS90

is this a troll
>>
>>33266701

P90 is not banned under Maryland state law you stupid fuck. That's federal law

>>33266711

fuck you nigger I have money and lawyers
>>
>>33266736
>P90 is not banned under Maryland state law you stupid fuck. That's federal law

The PS90 is 26.5 inches long and thus a copycat weapon by definition in Maryland law

dumbass

Maryland Criminal Law Article
ยง 4-301(e) Copycat weapon. --
(1) "Copycat weapon" means:
(i) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine and has any two of the following:
1. a folding stock;
2. a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or
3. a flash suppressor;
(ii) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds;
(iii) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 29 inches;
(iv) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds;
(v) a semiautomatic shotgun that has a folding stock; or
(vi) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
>>
>>33266780

you can literally put a buttplate extender on it and make it legal. work on your reading comprehension
>>
>>33266824
>you can literally put a buttplate extender on it and make it legal

that is not how they are sold and thus they are banned dumbass

if FN would extend the barrel 3 inches and ship them that way they would not be banned but they can't ship a 26.5 inch semi rifle to maryland with a note on it saying "we promise the buyer is gonna add a buttplate"

dummy
>>
>>33266780
>(iii) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 29 inches;

no PS90 for u
>>
Can confirm, MD is a fucking shithole. Asked at Bass Pro Shops about getting ahold of an SKS, was pretty much laughed at by the fat Fudd dipshit behind the counter. Worst part is I'm stationed here for the foreseeable future. feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>33266846
But if you slapped the buttplate extender on it before you shipped it to MD, or added it to a gun already in MD then you might be alright.

Arbitrary, poorly thought out laws ought to be fucked with.
>>
>>33267002
>But if you slapped the buttplate extender on it before you shipped it to MD, or added it to a gun already in MD then you might be alright.

yes by making it longer you would make it legal to import to an FFL

no shit

the federal law is 26 inches, that's the only reason the PS90 has a longer barrel than the P90 but i guess FN does not care enough about the maryland market to make a 29incher for that one state
>>
Are SBR treated like handguns in Maryland? Do you need to submit prints in order to purchase?
>>
File: p90TOP.jpg (96KB, 799x450px) Image search: [Google]
p90TOP.jpg
96KB, 799x450px
>>33266701
And the stock.. shell? The only reason you can't put a p90 hammer pack into a ps90 is because of two little shelves that block it.
>>
>>33266647
>tfw might have great paying job in Maryland
>tfw moving from LA god-tier gun laws to Maryland shit-tier ones
>>
>>33267269

I know that shitty feeling:

>move to NJ of all fucking places for job in NYC
>NJ utterly buttfucks me and demands I get rid of all my folding stocks, magazines that are over 15 rounds, threaded barrels, etc
>can't even buy new handguns without going through their absurd background check process (and paying fees) every time I want a new handgun

I just don't understand these kinds of laws. What's stopping me from cutting off (or just removing) my stocks, buying 30 round magazines in PA, or so on if I wanted to? What do these laws even hope to achieve?
>>
File: kkkill yourself.gif (271KB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
kkkill yourself.gif
271KB, 390x285px
>>33266701
huh, then maybe those parts should be illegal to own, OH WAIT
>>
>>33266647
>gun used in 1990 sci-fi series
>still banned today and looks more futuristic then the past 2 decades of technological advantages

What a quirky weapon
>>
File: Kriss.jpg (22KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Kriss.jpg
22KB, 640x427px
>>33267746

There's a certain charm about guns like the P90 and Kriss Vector. I wish we'd get more wacky looking weapons.
>>
>>33266846
so buy one where they arent banned but sell to out-of-state customers

its only a crime if you're caught.
>>
>>33267032
THE ARISTOCRATS!
>>
>>33267795
>so buy one where they arent banned but sell to out-of-state customers
>its only a crime if you're caught.

great logic
>>
>>33267746
It doesn't just look futuristic, FN was really bold with their engineering. The PDW idea never really took off, but the gun had so much going for it that it found markets. Krauts were butthurt that their more conventional design remained a novelty.
>>
>>33266647
>>33266673
>>33266701
>>33266711
>>33266728
>>33266736
PS90 is banned because it's under 29". You would have to do a pistol build with an aftermarket receiver, and you can't even SBR it under 29".
>>33266780
ding ding
>>33267067
You need an HQL to buy an SBR on a Form 4.
You do not need an HQL to buy a frame or receiver and Form 1 it.
To make or buy an SBR always requires prints federally.
>>
>>33267795
>its only a crime if you're caught.
So is rape, murder, and sodomy of a horse in 34 states.
>>
>>33267436
The sad thing is that it's a military-related job that I'm pretty hype for.
>>
>>33267880
>not futuristic
>no edges
>curves within curves
>half the length of conventional military rifles
>uncucked version is full auto
>50 round magazine that loads from the top in a translucent frame that rotates the bullets 90 degrees as it feeds into the weapon
It is pretty fucking intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic senpai
>>
>"If this is a rifle, is it centerfire? If not, then it is not banned and you do not need to continue."

No 10/22s desu?
>>
>>33268009
whoops read that wrong
stupid double negative
>>
>>33267746
>Uses direct blowback as a method of operation
>A 120 year old technology.
What a time to be alive.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.