[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the smartest way to take one of these down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: digital abrams.jpg (83KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
digital abrams.jpg
83KB, 800x533px
What's the smartest way to take one of these down?

asking for a cousin
>>
>>33264388
Not gonna fall for the banabna in the tail pipe trick, huh?
>>
>Competent crew
Enormous buried IED or ATGM
>Arab crew
Just sneak up on it and chuck a grenade in the open hatch, just like in the movies
>>
>>33264388
C-wire
>>
>>33264388
Attack the POGs towing the fuel
>>
>>33264388

Big Explosion
>>
>>33264388
Pouring lots of cement down the barrel.
Tipping it over.
Welding all the doors shut.
Lots of duct tape.
Big ass IED.
Bunker buster.
MOABs.
Another Abrams.
>>
File: 19.jpg (282KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
282KB, 1000x500px
>>33264388

Nothing can defeat the armor of an Abrams except the guns of a Hotel-class battleship.
>>
>>33264388
Sell it to a Saudi or putting it into a sandy environment.

Thankfully, both of those things will never happen.
>>
>>33264388
The only 100% effective method is putting 4 muslims inside.
>>
>>33264388
Lobbying for a replacement
>>
>>33264388
Wait for it to run out of fuel and make sure it doesn't get more.
>>
>>33264388
up front?
under the gun should be fairly easy to pen. drivers hatch also an option, you can shoot the tracks and leave it there to rot too while you flank it and shoot it in the ass.
from side and back there are more ways to kill it then not.
>>
>>33264388
In an urban environment try to get it between two building and then shove a fuckhuge bar into the track, then proceed to drill a hole with a long ass drill into the top, attach hose and wait them out.

>>33265495
Underrated
>>
File: erectpython.jpg (13KB, 225x360px) Image search: [Google]
erectpython.jpg
13KB, 225x360px
>>33264388
grenades
>>
>>33264962
That only works for Bradley.
>>
>What's the smartest way to take one of these down?

Sell it to Saudi Arabia. They'll find a way to fuck it, or to get it blown up by the Yemenis or something.
>>
The section around the drivers hatch is poorly armored. Don't think I have seen anyone succeed in shooting it there however.
>>
File: 1480562807790.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1480562807790.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>33266375
i get that refrence
>>
>>33264388
Just throw hand grenades at it 'till the giant Eskimo with a minigun inside fucks off.
>>
any other fucking modern tank
>>
>>33265495
kek
>>
>>33264388
APFSDS from a modern gun on the sides or rear, or any good ATGM. Milan 3, Kornet, TOW-2B, that kind of shit.
Or fire from an AT plane or helo, fuck it up with a Hellfire from an A-10, a Kh-29 from a Su-25 or an Ataka from a Mi-28. Should do the trick.

Or if you aren't in a trained first or second world military, fuckhuge IED or EFP under it, or I don't know, bait it to go over a bridge or on a road that has deep sewers underneath and... well, blow a huge IED under it.

I guess that shooting semi modern HEAT at it from a rooftop or cliff, from a RPG-26, AT4 or something like that, should poke a nice hole in the top armor, as well. Or you could put a, well, huge IED in the cliff and bury it under a fucking avalanche.

Or, you know, give it to Arabs. I swear, you could build a time machine and send a dozen 21st century MBTs to Arabs in 1948 at the time of the first Israeli war and they would find a way to lose them.
>>
>>33264388
Just look for the "made in America" label. If so, allow for self destruction in a month.
>ez
>>
>>33266430
It will work on more than just a Bradley. Ask me how I know.
>>
File: jayleno.jpg (89KB, 307x340px) Image search: [Google]
jayleno.jpg
89KB, 307x340px
>Liberal politicians amirite?
>>
>>33264388

Get a Leopard 2 and it should be quite easy.
>>
If you can get it and hate the ozone layer, halon in the air intake, it's more efficient than other gaseous extinguishers because it inhibits combustion rather than merely smothering. It also won't damage the turbine.

After it's immobilised, plug the barrels, blind the optics (do this after plugging so they don't try to fire, I'm assuming you're looking to take control of it rather than just destroy) and tack weld the hatches shut. Drill a hole and flood the compartment with oxy-propane from a cutting torch. If you want to be super sneaky, source propane without an odorant so as not to alert them to your intentions. Ignite the fuel-air mixture inside, if the pressure doesn't kill them immediately the thermally induced oedema will after a few minutes.

Remove the bodies, cut the halon feed and spin up the turbine to purge the remaining extinguisher gasses.

Congratulations, you now have your own tank and you don't even have to hose the remains of the former owners off the interior.
>>
I've always wondered why those sandniggers haven't rigged 4 or 5 155mm shells together to take out tanks.
>>
File: 145301615059.jpg (483KB, 2160x1400px) Image search: [Google]
145301615059.jpg
483KB, 2160x1400px
>>33270010
implying you make it past the RWS/loaders mg before you get turned into pudding.
>>
>>33264388
Invest heavily in pedestrian and bicycle transit infrastructure. Also support centralize electric power generation to the exclusion of chemical alternatives like petrol. Develop new water and sewer piping that is cheaper and easier to maintain, but can not support heavy vehicles by its core desgin.

Then wait for these alternative systems to develop into a new foundation of our global economy. And use the new money to address issues that lead to war.

In this new world you have helped build the Tank is now so expensive and impractical that any operator would willfully abandon it.

That is how you do,
>>
>>33266317
Collapse buildings on it.
>>
>>33264388
Suck the barrel until it gets off. Then it will fall asleep and you can go downstairs and eat as many cookies as you want!
>>
>>33270185
Wait, a Telephone to the outside is a feature of this tank?

> give phone number to Indian telemarketers (nevermind that it's closed circuit, they will find a way)
> watch as the crew wastes precious seconds hanging up on "free cruise" offers and fake IRS agents
>>
>>33270242
Yes, and im very surprised that nobody has ever prank called the guys inside while shouting Arabic to give them a spook.
>>
A few .22lr's will finish it off easy.
>>
>>33270224
or go caveman and try to drive it into a big hole, then you can be all "come out or we'll fucking bury you and wait."
>>
Blast some sort of explosive round into its turret ring. That's where one of the universally weaker points of the armor is if you can't manage to flank it.
>>
>>33265188
Another Abrams won't work, as shown in desert storm friendly fire incidents
>>
>>33269902
how
>>
>>33270150
Like how the japs made AT mines out of 500kg bombs?
>>
>>33266430
The vehicle doesn't stop immediately. The same way a car doesn't. The wire spools around the axil until it's too much to turn. Obviously an Abrams can turn a lot of cwire, main concern is it starts popping or helps to throw your track.

But honestly as a former tank commander the real concern is getting all that shit cleaned out. It's a fuck huge pain In the dick.
>>
>>33270281
>be me, Mohammed al Mohammed
>see infidel steel box
>jump down from my minaret
>force open hatches
>see infidels, scared as fuck
>fire 4 shots of .22lr out of my holy rifle
>mayallahguidemyshots.jpg
>close infidel tank hatch
>hear hundreds of pinging noises from inside
>open up hatch
>see infidel pudding
>put it in a bowl to feed my 23 children
>>
>>33270185
That bottom left picture.... it isn't from an abrams. At least not a sep2, which has the tc thermal sights. And I've never seen those thermal goggles before.

Maybe I'm just new but is that the original "not crows" monitor?

The dismount radios never work. Never.
>>
>>33270364
You forgot
>nothing personal, butter huffer
>>
Dig a hole?
>>
>>33270278
aka how to get run over quickly
>>
>>33270200
By the time all of that happens, warfare will be carried out entirely by light agile robots powered by your new fancy power grid.
>>
>>33264388
Burn every drop of gazoline in a 60 mile radius.
>>
>>33270398

i think the picture is fairly dated now.
>>
>>33264388
Nice try, Ahmed
>>
At least a skilled guy with a 50 cal, those things are tough!

> CoD weapons expert
> Friend's cousin was in the national guard
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.