[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How exactly do private sales work if I live in IL? My girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: beretta aseembly.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
beretta aseembly.gif
2MB, 320x240px
How exactly do private sales work if I live in IL?

My girlfriend is legally a FL resident, but lives in IL with me. She's 19 and wants to buy her first handgun, but federal law prohibits FFL dealers from selling handguns to people under 21.

However, it would still be legal for her to possess a handgun at her age if she obtained it from a private sale. The problem is that IL law prohibits me from making a private sale to anyone who is ineligible for a FOID, such as someone like her with legal residence in another state.

How do I beat the ATF Jew, /k/? Could we go to a gun show out of a state and just have her buy a gun there?
>>
>>33264011
you dont
its illegal to buy a handgun as non resident of that state
its illegal for her to get one from a ffl cause shes underage
the only way shes getting it is if she flys back to florida and gets her parents to gift her one
>>
File: pol-is-leaking.jpg (61KB, 750x747px)
pol-is-leaking.jpg
61KB, 750x747px
>>33264011
>asking how to break the law
>how do i beat the _____ jew

go and stay go
>>
File: 1481595141853.gif (3MB, 340x233px) Image search: [Google]
1481595141853.gif
3MB, 340x233px
>>33264011
Wew. This is illegal on so any levels.
>>
>>33264011
sauce?

trade bj for one of your beaters
>>
File: Not a honeypot.jpg (23KB, 480x355px)
Not a honeypot.jpg
23KB, 480x355px
>>33264011
>>
>>33264057
>asking for advice for a complicated legal situation in case there was something he wasn't thinking of
>resort to meme sperging for no reason at all

Either pathetically stupid or...nope just pathetically stupid. Stay away from firearms
>>
>>33264103
I'm not asking "how to break the law," I'm asking how to NOT break the law

>>33264041
What would stop her from buying it in a private sale or from me gifting it to her? There is no federal law against 19 year olds possessing handguns, only against them purchasing from an FFL

So what if I went to Florida with her, bought a gun there, and then gifted/privately sold it to her?
>>
>>33266268
>buy it and give it to her

that's called a straw purchase

it's a felony.
>>
>>33266268
Nope. You, an Illinois resident, can't buy a handgun in Florida. It would have to be sent back to an Illinois FFL to fill out the 4473. You can't gift or sell a handgun across state lines without going through an FFL. So if you wanted to gift it to her, you'd need to send it to a Florida FFL, but like you said, she's under 21 and can't pick up the gun. She also needs to have the FOID to possess the gun in Illinois. I'm not sure if the state of Illinois would care that she's technically a Florida resident, if her permanent residence is in Illinois.
>>
>>33266268
you cant buy a handgun in florida as a resident of illinois
>>
>>33266333
nice nigger meme and everything but:
>In the United States, a straw purchaser of a firearm at a federally licensed firearm dealership who lies about the identity of the ultimate possessor of the gun can be charged with making false statements on a federal Firearms Transaction Record.
>Straw purchases in lawful sales made outside of federally regulated dealerships are not subject to such rules and are legal unless the gun is used in a crime with the prior knowledge of the straw purchaser.

>>33266364
They allow her to shoot and handle firearms at the range with her FL ID, according to the RO she "has more gunrights than I do" in the state of IL
>>
>>33266268
Selling it to her would be legal, but you and her and the gun would need to go to a police station or something so she could get the permit for the gun and so everything would be official.

At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works in my home state of NC
>>
>>33266373
>They allow her to shoot and handle firearms at the range with her FL ID, according to the RO she "has more gunrights than I do" in the state of IL
Sure, but the tricky part is that the state of Illinois considers anyone who resides in the state for more than 30 days to no longer be a "non-resident" so the privileges of possessing a handgun without a FOID are no longer applied. I dunno man. I think it'd be best to just wait the 2 years.
>>
>>33266440
I hate this state, I really do

How is the FOID even considered constitutional? How is this not fucking infringement? If we lived in any other state I would be able to just buy the fucking gun and gift it to her.
>>
>>33266268
>What would stop her from buying it in a private sale or from me gifting it to her?

illegal

straw purchase, if she uses the handgun in self defense you are going to prison
>>
>>33266466
see
>>33266373

>>33266440
>the state of Illinois considers anyone who resides in the state for more than 30 days to no longer be a "non-resident"
if this is true, why does the range let his gf shoot?
>>
>>33266385
>Selling it to her would be legal,

not if he buys it with the intention of selling it to her

that's the definition of a straw purchase
>>
>>33266484
>If a firearm is purchased as a gift, the transaction is not a straw purchase, and the person buying the gift is considered the end user. The buyer is also considered the end user if he intends to sell the firearm, as long as the initial purchase is not made at the direction of or as part of an agreement with the second, ultimate buyer.
>>
why can she not get an IL drivers license if she's been there that long she really should anyway
>>
>>33266480
>if this is true, why does the range let his gf shoot?
Because ranges in Illinois will allow people with out of state ID's to shoot, no FOID required. They can't tell if someone is or isn't a non-resident just by looking at the ID though.
>>
>>33266514
>The buyer is also considered the end user if he intends to sell the firearm, as long as the initial purchase is not made at the direction of or as part of an agreement with the second, ultimate buyer.

but anon he is making an agreement with her prior to buying the firearm
>>
>>33266516
>why can she not get an IL drivers license if she's been there that long she really should anyway

this
>>
don't fuck around and buy her a handgun and gift or sell it to her OP, shit's not worth it

she needs to obtain the firearm from a legit seller or family member
>>
>>33266517
But if what >>33266440 said is true, then wouldn't that be a legal risk for them to NOT check someone's residency status?
>>
>>33266577
>then wouldn't that be a legal risk for them to NOT check someone's residency status?

the policy of some range is not the law

perhaps the range is in the wrong or that part of the law is just never enforced

that does not mean you should do X or Y just because you see someone else doing something you think might be illegal
>>
Well I guess it's possible you could go to the beach, buy a boat, paddle out of US jurisdiction and gift her the firearm there and paddle on back.
>>
>>33266614
>Well I guess it's possible you could go to the beach, buy a boat, paddle out of US jurisdiction and gift her the firearm there and paddle on back.

that's crossing state lines with the intention of committing a felony which is illegal
>>
>>33266577
Every range I've been to usually has a form that you need to fill out and initial a bunch of stuff. I'm sure one of those items is something to the effect of "I'm am not prohibited from handling or possessing firearms."
>>
>>33264011
She could always make an 80% glock.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.