[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if I were to go out and buy an old beat up double barrel and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

So if I were to go out and buy an old beat up double barrel and cut it down, what would be the most tactical/practical format to use? A 20 inch barrel and a pistol grip? An 18.5 inch barrel with a half stock or full stock ect. I know it's a meme but I'm a poorfag and I know twelve gauge is reliable.
>>
>>33260412
A shortened 12 gauge will have a lot of felt recoil. I would suggest cutting the barrel down so you can still shoulder it, otherwise you risk the shotgun flying off on its own.
>>
>>33260412
First thing, sell your dog.
>>
>>33260530
So something like this?
>>
>>33260544
My dogs are pussies they wouldnt attack anyone coming in. Also I'd aim high.
>>
File: RG500.7.jpg (54KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RG500.7.jpg
54KB, 800x600px
>>33260412
This is the most comfortable grip on a stockless shotgun. The grip angle puts the recoil into your elbow rather than your hand and wrist.
You can make one yourself from a full stock woth a belt sander.
The trick to shooting it comfortably is in technique. You sight down the top of the weapon just like you were shouldering it, and try to "stretch" the gun. Meaning, you push forward with the hand on the pump, pull backward with the hand on the birdshead. When you fire, rather that sending the gun back into your teeth, the recoil sort of vertically rotates the gun. I'd recommend #4 buck.
The second gun from the top/right in your pic is pretty close but still too vertical for my liking. The rest have too much stock left which is gonna impede comfort and mobility, or they're too vertically-oriented.
>>
that's illegal OP
>>
File: ATF2.jpg (31KB, 640x287px) Image search: [Google]
ATF2.jpg
31KB, 640x287px
>>33260412
>>33260580
>ITT

Also you're gonna be able to get a pumpgun for significantly cheaper than a double barrel. As in, it's not hard to find beat-up but completely functional Mossberg 500s in pawn shops for <$200. Double-barrels that aren't complete pieces of shit will cost quite a bit more than that.
>>
>>33260412
>what would be the best application
I dunno, breaching? Maybe car defense?

They're pretty useless for anything but fun.
>>
>>33260860
Nah, local pawn/gun shop around here always has several used SxS double barreled shotguns on the rack for $200 or under. My dad bought one to leave out of the safe for "home defense" so he wouldn't lose a nice gun if it got stolen when nobody's at home. We took it out and ran about 100 shells through it shooting at skeet and it functioned just fine.
>>
>>33260580
sell your dogs was refrence about ATF shooting your dog as they seize your weapons
>>
>>33260412
there is no inherent advantage to cutting a shotgun stock

https://youtu.be/tYjThckYqBQ
>>
>>33260909
Joe Biden approved home defense
>>
>>33260909
Considering the last Mossman I bought from a pawn shop was $120, I'd still go with that if at all possible
>>
>>33260860
Lies. I've never found a Mossberg 500 in a pawn shop. There's simply no reason to ever get rid of one
>>
>>33260937
>there is no inherent advantage to cutting a shotgun stock

it makes the shotgun smaller
>>
>>33260976
>>33260982
Honestly I don't know why he bought it, he keeps a loaded .357 in the safe (keypad lock, takes 2 seconds to open) that's in the bedroom closet not 10 feet from his bed. He also already had 1 SxS double barrel shotgun, 3 pump shotguns, and an autoloading shotgun. He said something about all those other shotguns having sentimental value to him so he just bought another cheap SxS to leave out and never use I guess.
>>
>>33260983
I've got 3 pawnshop Mossman 5000s.
The most I paid for one was $150.
PROTIP: in the 60s and 70s Mossberg (and Remington and Winchester and others, to a lesser extent) made "store brand" shotguns for retailers like Montgomery Ward, Sears, Coast to Coast, Procter and Gamble, etc... These guns are literally exactly the same as the "Name brand" guns, made on the same assembly lines with the same parts. They just have different names stamped on the receiver.
Pawnshops are packed to the gills with these for cheap as fuck.
>>
File: 1488140480626.jpg (45KB, 374x503px) Image search: [Google]
1488140480626.jpg
45KB, 374x503px
>>
>>33260983
I bought my Mossberg 500 "Turkey Thug" brand new for $250 from Cabela's. It had a blemished finish on the stock so I got them to knock off $25 from the asking price and I used that to buy an extra choke (gun came with X-Full choke for turkey hunting, I wanted a modified for dove/squirrel hunting). I haven't seen one for under $200 at a pawn shop before but I don't mind paying new prices if the gun's under $300.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J3So2xIWgY
>>
>>33260412
I'd say just get a 20" Baikal (they were being imported by EAA most recently until the sanctions on Russia) and keep the stock as is. Most stock modifications are just to make the firearm as a whole take up less space and that's usually not a big deal. I have a folding stock on my AK and the only practical purpose it serves is allowing my AK to fit into a smaller case. Depending on what else I'm taking to the range I may just stick it in a longer case and not fold the stock at all.

However, double barrels that aren't crap are generally going to be more expensive than a decent pump action. If you're looking for pure practicality at a really low price point you can get a Maverick 88 or a Chinese 870 clone (H&R Pardner & IAC Hawk) for about $200 new.
>>
>>33260568
shouldering that seems like it would be uncomfortable due to the shortness of the stock leading to how near the trigger i,it would put your arm in a bad position.
>>
>>33261063
Agreed, I paid 290 for a 500 persuader combo and 150 shells.
>>
>>33260412
if you want a practical gun you can hit stuff with you keep the stock
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.