[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see a lot of prep/SHTF threads on here and being someone that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: stalker_wallpaper1086-1.jpg (3MB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
stalker_wallpaper1086-1.jpg
3MB, 3840x2400px
I see a lot of prep/SHTF threads on here and being someone that survived such a scenario gives me some added insight. I'm here for a few hours to answer ANY questions.
>>
>As long as it doesn't interfere with my larping
>sees OPs related pic
>oh good.
>>
File: 1486776332574.png (37KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486776332574.png
37KB, 657x527px
>>33260375
>and being someone that survived such a scenario
>>
where are you from and what was the situation
>>
>>33260437
Guessing it is not one of the two annons who were in the in progress and post Katrina New Orleans mess
>>
>>33260495
Bosnia, a war.
>>33260507
Katrina was pretty shit but pales in comparison.
>>
>>33260517
i assume youre a bosniak?
>>
>>33260549
Yep.
>>
>>33260564
what is the most useful skill or item?
>>
>>33260564
If you could either have a rifle or handgun which would you choose?

How necessary are telescopic sights in this kind of scenario
>>
>>33260610
Just about any skill will get you somewhere in this situation. The most useful are medical skills and most useful items are clean water and medicine.
>>33260611
A rifle. Not really necessary but they help, the only people that really had optics were snipers. A good set of binos are just as useful. I wouldn't get too caught up on guns though, in reality its only a small portion of surviving(depending on the type of SHTF scenario).
>>
>>33260610
>>33260611
You guys realize that he was just a child during this, right?
>>
How realistic is it to have a gun and shoot some bourne wannabe with a SHTF pack instead of having to prep all this stuff myself when it goes down?
>>
>>33260630
I don't spread doubt I was, nor do I attempt to act like I served in any capacity. None of that discredits anything my family and I have been through.
>>
>>33260636
Very realistic. You'll find people will varying amounts of supplies EVERYWHERE. You'll be a target for the same type of actions though.
>>
>>33260375
Were people more active during the day or night?
>>
>>33260648
Does walking around with a rifle slung over your shoulder make you a target?
>>
>>33260674
Depends on the area. In some areas it was actually safer to be out in the day, other areas you didn't even want to stick your face out the window. The areas that had NVGs were totally no go zones because the snipers would shoot you on sight if you weren't near their lines, and that happened a lot in cities(day or night cities were pretty dangerous due to snipers and bandit gangs). Where I was from(it's really mountainous) its much safer in the day because of the land and some of the animals.
>>
>>33260693
Yes it does, you need to be very careful about the areas you occupy as well as who you travel with. We didn't have any form of protection when we had to leave our area, meanwhile the Serbs came with tanks and artillery. Honestly if you were from an opposing side there was a high probability you would be killed instantly. As far as civilians going after each other, it also happened but mainly out of need. People killed each other for supplies, you really didn't have time to be thinking about anything other than getting through that day. A rifle is more visible than a handgun so there is that, but either one will get you killed if you come across the wrong person or group, which is why it's wise to travel with multiple competent people.
>>
>>33260710
given the technology has improved, drones being easier to manage and having IR/NV capabilities how does this change the setup for avoiding (the other side)

> if you're holed up in a camp out in the woods it can be identified even if its camouflaged and you're careful about coming and going
>>
>>33260375
kill any muslims?
>>
Speaking of prep/shtf threads it just occured to me earlier tonight when I was talking to a prepper they're the most likely to go batshit and be dangerous if something actually happened.

Is it worthwhile to buy body armor or weapons specifically to counter what most of the preppers do. It seems like they'd mostly all just go with a 9mm pistol, ar15/ak variant.
>>
>>33260630
>>33260639
PSA: milsim bruh is a shitposting >25 year old who never experienced the horrible realties of any conflict, natural disasters included.

There are many anons who can confirm this, yet not even worth the effort to save screen caps of this waste of bandwidth.
>>
>>33260564
Are you only Muslim by name? I hear Bosnian Muslims were just Muslim by name and don't practice a lot of the shit other Muslim countries do.

How do you feel about the Remove Kebab meme?
>>
>>33267066
>I hear Bosnian Muslims were just Muslim by name and don't practice a lot of the shit other Muslim countries do.
A fair number of them get drunk and eat bacon if that's what you mean. Albanians too
>>
>>33268299
Do they believe that raping Kafir women is justified?
>>
File: removekebab.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
removekebab.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>33266892
This.
This guys is a meme and a kebab.
And what do we do to kebabs ?
>>
>>33260375
Ranch or cool ranch?
>>
a question more of political nature
what do you think will happen if our economy collapses? The people in the west are so pussified, how would they react?
>>
>>33266818
How would preppers be the most dangerous? I don't really consider myself a "prepper" like I used to, but my priorities are protecting my family and taking care of people that are hurt. How would I be a danger to anybody? Perhaps the one guy you were talking to was a paranoid tard.
>>
>>33269556
I'm not the person you are responding to but it makes sense that preppers would be the most dangerous.

Extreme preppers and the hording type are unaccustomed to being powerful. Prior to the SHTF, they were outcasts, bullied, usually facing financial difficulties, uneducated, and considered weird. Those individuals are unaccustomed to being powerful and interacting with others. They would be quick to anger in a SHTF because of their entitlement and sense of power. Their loneliness and usual isolation in preparing for SHTF means that they would be difficult to interact with and sense they usually have guns, they can easily express their anger with violence.
>>
>>33266892
>>33269427

kys
>>
>>33270179
>Kys
>>
>>33269588
>Prior to the SHTF, they were outcasts, bullied, usually facing financial difficulties, uneducated, and considered weird
what a good goy you are, you sure convinced me with that hot take.

now get back to watching your dr phil and guzzle some corn syrup.
>>
>>33260375
Oh fuck off, you weren't even alive then you muslim shitter.
>>
>>33260564
kys turkroach
>>
>>33260375
How do you store your women?
>>
newfags this trip is the resident attention seeking Islamist, don't give him any attention. He's pro ISIS but too scared to actually go and fight for them, he's never left Bosnia because he's also scared of what non bosniaks would do to him, also this thread are about his experiences when he was 2 years old. I'm sure we can all remember in great detail our experiences at 2 years old.

He's literally the scummiest tripfag on /k/ that belongs in guantanamo bay.
>>
>>33270668
perfect example of the guy who is bullied, outcast, financially incapable, etc.

lol at you being so triggered by something so innocuous
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.