[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought this new pistol, in the manual it says to keep one chamber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_20170310_014033.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170310_014033.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I bought this new pistol, in the manual it says to keep one chamber empty for carrying. BUT if I just twist the chamber slightly and let the hammer down it rests between the chambers on the cylinder, and cylinder locks up and everything is safe. My question is, why not CC with it in this condition? You get an extra shot.
>>
>>33259697
Are you seriously going to cc a cap and ball revolver?

I hope so.
>>
>>33259697
Are you taking a shit?
>>
>>33259697
Single action REVOLVERS for CC anywhere besides bear and moose country is mind-numbingly autistic. Learn some fucking trigger discipline and kill yourself
>>
>>33259697

>carpeting in bathroom

bet that doesn't smell at all
>>
>>33259697
Lol dirty felon
>>
>>33259712
Yes.
>>33259718
Yes.
>>
>>33259697
>extra shot

why would you need an extra shot though? Don't the men under your command have enough shots already? What about bayonets?
>>
>>33259728
>implying I'm a gun noob
I took this picture to show normies, the guns never been loaded before stop being autistic
>>33259732
It doesn't desu it's comfy asf
>>33259738
Not a felon just not 21
>>
>>33259750
The only men under my command are minecraft villagers and they wouldn't work very well, although I'm pretty sure I could bludgeon Thor Bjornnson to death with it if I had to
>>
File: Screenshot_20170310-054226.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170310-054226.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Now you see it
>>
File: Screenshot_20170310-054214.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170310-054214.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Now you don't.
>>
>>33259763
>not commanding a regiment of true Southerners

What are you? Some kind of Yankee?
>>
>>33259796
I have a couple fat redneck friends if that counts
>>
File: 1480923677266.jpg (527KB, 2000x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1480923677266.jpg
527KB, 2000x1050px
>>
>>33259781
whered it go? you know they make a short barrel version right?

those are so heavy i cant imagine how someone is going to conceal carry in the waistband but whatever
>>
>>33259756
>Not a felon just not 21

a loaded cap and ball pistol is considered a firearm and you need a license to carry it.

You can possess it unloaded or have it loaded at your home but carrying it loaded is the same as carrying any other firearm, they closed that loophole long ago.

Some people think you can carry cap and ball in places like NYC or carry one if you are a felon or not 21, this is not true. Ask your local sheriff/police department if you don't believe me
>>
>>33259732
You know you can wash bath mats, right?
>>
Muzzleloaders and cap and ball weapons are "not firearms" in the sense that they can be mailed to a home or sold to someone without an FFL or background check and to minors, but they are firearms/concealed weapons if carried loaded and require a permit
>>
>>33259855
Longer barrel version has more punch
>>33259856
>>33259880
My state law basically says outside city limits no conceal carry laws apply, and I'm not inside city limits usually anyways
>>
>>33259893
Inside city limits I have a kalash inside my vehicle ready to rip and dick and I'm never far from my truck anyways
>>
>>33259893
>My state law basically says outside city limits no conceal carry laws apply,

there is no way this is true, what state?

you have misinterpreted something
>>
>>33259896
>Inside city limits I have a kalash inside my vehicle ready to rip and dick and I'm never far from my truck anyways

>implying keeping a loaded rifle in your vehicle is legal
>>
>>33259697
today's thread
>"I bought this new pistol, in the manual it says to keep one chamber empty for carrying. BUT if I just twist the chamber slightly and let the hammer down it rests between the chambers on the cylinder, and cylinder locks up and everything is safe"

tomorrow's thread
>"OH GOD, I ND IN MY OWN BALLS, HELP PLEASE!"
>>
File: Screenshot_20170310-062030.png (299KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170310-062030.png
299KB, 1440x2560px
>>33259900
>>
>>33259905
Why do you guys think I don't know my own state laws
>>
>>33259907
But HOW could that happen

>guys I just bought a new .22 short rifle and in the manual it says to always wear ear protection but it seems quiet
>OH GOD I SHOT IT AND I AM PERMANENTLY DEAF

So tell me how my method would be dangerous, it's the threads point after all
>>
>>33259908

Idaho?

What that statement means legally is "it is important to note that a concealed weapons license is not necessary if a (lawful) person in possession of a concealed weapon is outside the border limits of cities..."

note the addition of lawful, you are not a lawful carrier of a concealed weapon, a felon is not a lawful carrier of a concealed weapon, the rule does not mean that felons and children can conceal outside city limits, it means if you can lawfully carry you don't need a permit outside of city limits

Go ask your local sheriff before you wind up in prison
>>
>>33259940
How am I a felon now, what are you on about?
>>
>>33259923
Im sure you will find a way to shot yourself.
i trust you
>>
>>33259958

you are not a felon but you are in the same category as a felon as a prohibited person, do you think a felon could legally walk around with a concealed weapon outside of city limits? No, he cannot and neither can you. You can only do it if you are not otherwise prohibited from carrying, which you are because of your age.

lots of states have laws like that but they don't entitle anyone to concealed carry, just people who would not otherwise be prohibited from doing so
>>
>>33259908

if that is true why can't you carry a real firearm outside city limits? what about ball and cap makes it legal for you to conceal?
>>
>>33259972
Think you're trying to troll me here. I'm not 12, I'm not 10, I'm not 14. I'm an adult. Idaho law even allows you to own normal pistols, and conceal carry them outside of city limits, at 18. Seriously, just don't worry about the legal shit. I've been in court enough and I know it all, I'm just asking why I can't carry my revolver in that specific state. Does it cause stress on a mechanism? That's my question.
>>
>>33259979
I can carry a legal firearm but I cannot buy a regular pistol. If I had a normal pistol I could carry that. I'm not gonna go through the money, time, and stress of having some family member buy a pistol, transferring it to me, and having to bug them every time I wanna buy ammunition.
>>
niice
>>
>>33259940
It literally says 18-21 may carry outside of town without a licence. Why don't you work on your reading comprehension before you go full retard next time.
>>
File: SAFETY DEVICES SMALL.jpg (361KB, 1023x725px) Image search: [Google]
SAFETY DEVICES SMALL.jpg
361KB, 1023x725px
>>33259981
>I'm just asking why I can't carry my revolver in that specific state. Does it cause stress on a mechanism? That's my question.

you can carry it like that many ball and cap revolvers are designed that way, does yours have notches or pins between the cylinders?
>>
>>33260001
It has grooves, I'm assuming that's the one I want?
>>
>>33260011

yes grooves are better, do they look like they were designed for the hammer to rest there?
>>
>>33259905

Sorry you don't live in a free state.
>>
>>33259981
To answer your question, yes, it does place unnecessary stress on the action. Sooner or later the cylinder will slip out of lock, at which time the hammer may or may not bust the cap. Those nubs in between the nipples do okay, not great, but okay, keeping the hammer in place, but they're meant to work inside a holster, not Mexican style. If you really want to roll with all barrels loaded, look into an after market cylinder with extended nubs and at least a cut down holster to cover the cylinder and trigger.
>>
OP are you aware that when you load a black powder firearm and put it in your pants the powder only stays dry enough to be reliable for like 5 hours before it takes on moisture and won't fire?

When I hunt early season with a black powder rifle if it is humid outside sometimes I have to pull the nipple off the barrel and dig out some powder then put some dry powder back in so I can fire it and clear the bullet after a day of not shooting it
>>
>>33260017
Shit I was looking at that wrong, they don't have grooves where the hammer actually sits so they're notches. I'd assume the position with the hammer down would be fine as long as I didn't violently twist the cylinder back and forth, deforming the notch?
>>
>>33260041
Seems logical, wouldn't be an every day carry so I assume as long as I don't do it too often it'd be alright?
>>33260043
Haha that's true I'm a sweaty boy, I'd have to put it to my side or figure something else out, didn't think of that
>>
>>33260044

I don't know anon it depends on the exact make and model of the pistol you are talking about and if it was meant for this, some have notches between the cylinders for the purpose of resting the hammer and getting that extra shot but some don't. If the manual says don't do it, don't fucking do it.

next time you are shooting it try this, just pull the hammer back 1/4 or less of the way and let it fall on a cap, it will go off. You barely have to touch those things and if the hammer is not secure and meant to be like that the cylinder could rotate and it could go off
>>
>>33260055
>Haha that's true I'm a sweaty boy, I'd have to put it to my side or figure something else out, didn't think of that

even if you do that you will literally have to change out the powder every 48 hours or so to keep it reliable
>>
>>33260057
Oh it won't misfire in that position, the cylinder locks and it won't begin to turn until it's past half cock, and even at half cock the hammer is locked. Just worried about it putting stress on the gun that could break it.
>>33260064
Maybe tuck it into my pants with a rag? It'd conceal it a bit more and might impress the chicks with that big 12 inch bulge
>>
>>33259697
Stop biting your fingernails.
Also, learn trigger discipline.
>>
>>33260081
>Oh it won't misfire in that position, the cylinder locks and it won't begin to turn until it's past half cock, and even at half cock the hammer is locked. Just worried about it putting stress on the gun that could break it.

you are not carrying it half cocked right?

if the manual for the gun says to leave it on an open cylinder that's what you should do, if it was meant for you to rest between them it would say so
>>
>>33260081
>Maybe tuck it into my pants with a rag? It'd conceal it a bit more and might impress the chicks with that big 12 inch bulge

keeping black powder dry is a bitch, it absorbs water from the air like a sponge it's a huge issue back in the day they were only loaded before battle, not carried around all the time loaded

it will be hard to carry around with dry powder all the time, best case scenario you might only have to change the powder out every few days but that's really annoying
>>
>>33259728
Its even autistic in bear and moose country. They make double action hand cannons.
>>
>>33260098
How the fuck do you remove the lead ball without firing it
>>33260089
Not half cucked no, just seated against the middle. Cylinder locks in that position.
>>
>>33260055
>as long as I don't do it too often it'd be alright?

That's not really the issue. The problem is you're (we're; I love bp arms) dealing with 100 plus year old technology as interpreted by some random factory engineer of dubious training. It's going to fail from time to time. Even the originals don't always do like they're supposed to. My advice, for whatever it's worth, is to either invest in a decent shoulder or waistband rig, or return the navy clone and get a Remington style pocket revolver. Or hell, have you seen those Czech Great Gun derringers? Sure you only have two shots, but goddamn, that's two shots of .50.
>>
>>33260109
>How the fuck do you remove the lead ball without firing it

use a pin or something to push through the nipple that holds the cap to drive it out after taking out the cylinder

if you load it and don't shoot it for a while you will have to do this frequently as the powder won't ignite
>>
>>33259856
>ask your local sherrifs department
The cops wouldn't know the law and/or wouldn't tell you the truth anyway. Especially not sherrifs, in my experience state troopers are bros, city/local cops are at least polite and professional and county sherrifs are short dudes with bad attitudes because they couldn't hack it in the marines.
>>
>>33260123

if I were a teenager I would not want to run into a sheriff with a loaded gun in my pants city limits or not they might take you in

also in most places it's hard to tell when you are in the technical city limits while driving
>>
>>33260115
Might just buy a waist holster, where I live it wouldn't be too weird to see a guy open carrying, especially a nice old one like this.
>>33260116
Ah shit so that's what the little pin tool is for, okay. Shit dude I know everything there is to know about modern firearms but I buy this blackpowder one and it's like I'm 10 years old again.
>>33260123
Yeah, you can ask a cop here if it's legal to watch TV at 2 pm and he'll say it's illegal. If I have a question I call up a lawyer.
>>
>>33260131
I know I'm outside city limits when I hear gunfire all around me. Shit sounds like a war zone out here.
>>
>>33260109
>How the fuck do you remove the lead ball without firing it

With a pen knife or worm. As to the dampness, as long as you seal the chambers with grease over the ball and crimp your caps tight you should be fine. Capandball on YouTube has a video detailing the effects of water on a Colt navy's cylinder, and Hovey Smith has a couple about the effects of time and humidity. The gist is that your load will last for quite a while as long as you seal it properly.
>>
>>33260146
>Ah shit so that's what the little pin tool is for, okay. Shit dude I know everything there is to know about modern firearms but I buy this blackpowder one and it's like I'm 10 years old again.

BP is a bitch bro, and be very careful loading that thing if you leave residue of powder on the back or front of the cylinder it can ignite when fired and set off one or more of the other cylinders and blow up the gun, they are actually fairly dangerous for that reason
>>
>>33260154
>The gist is that your load will last for quite a while

how long do you consider quite a while?
>>
>>33260167
My personal best is two months for a revolver (four chambers out of five fired, got the last with a new cap) and eight for a sxs 12ga (both barrels fired with new caps) in Louisiana, spring through fall. I might could've gone longer, but I got anxious.
>>
>>33260191
>My personal best is two months for a revolver (four chambers out of five fired, got the last with a new cap)

so you had a one in 5 chance of hitting a dud if you needed it for protection....
>>
>>33260191
That's pretty damn good, here where I live it's a desert so it'd be even better. What do you seal with?
>>
>>33260214
In those kinds of revolvers a dud shouldn't matter, you should already be reaching back for the hammer before you realized it was a dud
>>
>>33259914
>must be in plain view or else it must be disassembled and/or unloaded

Please don't tell me you leave an AK in plain view in your parked car. If you do that you're an idiot and jamal is already thanking you for giving him your AK.
>>
>>33260227
Jamal doesn't exist in idaho, it's all white. I do through a blanket over it though but if I get pulled over I just slyly reach back and pull blanket off
>>
>>33260236
So you're carrying illegally, like we said.
>>
>>33260214
That's why everyone switched to brass cartridges. They're more reliable, even against fresh powder and caps. On the other hand, a '61 navy makes a hell of a club.

>>33260216
I use this god awful mixture of beef tallow and beeswax because black powder is the name and the shape of my particular autism. Any low moisture grease will do, though. I've used Vaseline in a pinch. Just be sure to completely separate the powder from the grease. And use good judgement as near as possible: if it's raining or you're crossing a ford, cover your action, etc.
>>
>>33260257
Omfg.
>>
>>33260265
I'm interested in that mix recipe
>>
Just carry it in half cock that way the hammer doesn't rest against the cap so there's no risk of a discharge.
>>
>>33260216
>>33260265
Oh, and make damned sure your caps are tight. That's probably my number one failure point, mostly because there's only so much you can do about it.
>>
OP is a massive fagget
>>
>>33260280
Sure. Keep in mind that this process doesn't necessarily smell that great at first, and that there are likely commercial recipes that work just as well.

You'll need a couple of pounds (more or less, your call) of beef tallow. You can buy rendered over the internet, but it'll cost more. Unrendered tallow can be had from most butcher's shops and counters, but you might need to give warning. To render tallow, heat it in a pot over medium-ish heat until it melts, then cook it, straining out the fleshy bits, until it's clear and stops stinking. It'll look like molten wax.

Next mix equal (ish) parts clarified, molten tallow and molten beeswax. It's best if both are in a liquid state; makes it easier to judge volume. Slow boil/simmer them together until they've fully homogenized. This could take a few hours. If you want, you can add some Vaseline to make it softer. I usually add 1 can Vaseline to 2(ish) gallons of tallow/wax monstrosity. Do not add water.

The heat required is subjective. You want it to cook quickly, but you don't want it to burn. Take your time until you're comfortable with the process.
>>
>>33259732
dont shit on the floor and it wont smell, retard
>>
File: Bloody-bill-anderson.jpg (87KB, 442x561px) Image search: [Google]
Bloody-bill-anderson.jpg
87KB, 442x561px
>>33259842
>>33259796
>>33259697
https://youtu.be/k3fNgkzSckY?t=8m44s
>>
>>33259842
>doing a final death-charge when you're outnumbered 5-1 directly into a firing line of riflemen/musketmen and cannons

Jesus fuck, wars were brutal back in those days.
>>
File: 340x.png (130KB, 330x253px) Image search: [Google]
340x.png
130KB, 330x253px
>>33259856
>carrying it loaded is the same as carrying any other firearm, they closed that loophole long ago.
>JD waad up
Akshully that depends on the state. I think what you mean is that they are considered "deadly weapons" and CCing one can get you arrested. Cap and ball are not considered firearms in most states but if felon carrying a DW you're probably fucked.
>>
>>33260064
>you will literally have to change out the powder every 48 hours or so to keep it reliable
Are you joking? Unless it gets wet it will go boom, I've shot my BP Ruger in the rain with no problems. Powder doesn't expire kiddo
>>
>>33259781
You're a fat fuck too?
>>
>>33263043
Yeah bro helps in the concealing department
>>33260417
Hahaha this sounds so fucking amazing. Ill start out with a really small amount first, like a cup. A cup should last a long time anyways. Thanks man
>>
>>33259774
>>33259781

Is that splooge on the mirror or your pants?
>>
>>33266564
I like to do cum shots at the mirror, I'm a bit of a narcissist and I only fap to my own naked body
>>
>>33259774
God, this guy kinda reminds me of some guy from my English class. Big fat fucking lib. Can't go one class without making a comment about how white people are terrible and how all white people have privilege/ original sin/ whatever. Pisses me the fuck off and I'm not even white. Wouldn't surprise me if it was him. Wouldn't surprise me if he thinks that an old cap and ball revolver is basically just as good as a modern revolver. If it is you, then don't worry, it will still kill '''fascists''', but with more effort on your part. Also the due date for the five reading responses has been set at the 19th.
>>
>>33259697

Are you some kind of hipster that is trying to be cool with a deconstructed, outdated, and inferior weapon like some do with coffee. My coffee takes 2 min to make in a Kureg not all day waiting for the perfect boil temp, perfect weight, special glacier water, etc.
>>
>>33269178
STOP, JUST FUCKING STOP POSTING.

I WANT NEW/K/ TO GO, I WANT THEM TO GO BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM NOW.

HOW CAN THEY SHIT UP THIS FINE THREAD? THIS THREAD IS HUMOROUS AND FUN, AND THESE POSTERS ARE SHIT
>>
File: 200_s.gif (46KB, 306x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
46KB, 306x200px
>>33269193
Boom.

What I was waiting for.

AUTISM TRIGGERED!
>>
File: time to leave.jpg (178KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
time to leave.jpg
178KB, 1300x957px
>>33260236
>plainview
>hidden under a blanket
if you're not a felon now, you will be
>>
>>33259842

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUjLE_N1Cuc

"In Dixie land, I'll take my stand to live and die in Dixie;
Away, away, away down south in Dixie"
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.