[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you call this really shiny black finish? it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: c308.jpg (96KB, 772x367px) Image search: [Google]
c308.jpg
96KB, 772x367px
What would you call this really shiny black finish? it's not technically bluing, I don't think, but looks like it. My budget project might be a c308 with that type of finish and green stock set .
anyone have any experience with doing a finish like that? I've heard on and off things about the c308 .
>>
DON'T GET A C308!!

They shoot like +6MOA and rattle themselves apart.
Spend the extra hundred dollars on a PTR91
>>
its just hk black if you plan to paint it yourself you can find the duracoat under that name dont know what it would be in cerakote though
>>
No c308 pls. I cant sit idly by as people do this. Absolutely no c308, go for a ptr for a bit more money and you will have a better rifle that you will still be happy with a month later.
>>
It's just a glossy enamel paint.
>>
>>33259514
Semigloss black
>>
DON'T BUY THE KEK308!
>>
>>33260203
this

the C308 has a bad tendency of slamfiring unlike PTR and HK-91s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3_owpGxXqM

https://youtu.be/CUE1l-2yR3M?t=309
>>
>>33260268
I believe that has to do with the parts kits. Alot of the US made stuff for 9229(r) is made by PTR industries, especially the receivers and barrels. Chances are if you buy a C308, you may want to inspect any worn parts or bad parts (CETME was known for its shit quality control at the time) and replace them after you did some test shototing
>>
>>33259514
Quick question for anyone who has a ptr 91. So I bought a bayonet lug for my rifle because the plastic cap that was there kept on falling out at the range, when I got the pug I noticed that the hole to screw it into is smaller then the screw the lug came with. Should I bring it to a smith to widen the holend slightly or just use a file and do it myself?
>>
>>33259556
Uh, no.
Mine shoots 2 MOA.

If one shoots 6, there is something wrong with it.

C308s are just like PTRs, only with horrible quality control.
>>
>>33260383
Fuck off Century shill, the C308 is widely known to be shooting groups looser than Hillary's cooch, 5 to 6 MOA is very common for these rifles.

Next you will say they're built on PTR receivers.

>>33260314
Actual Spanish CETMEs aren't terrible, it's just that Century rebuilding them from parts kits never went especially well.

They can do ONE thing, and that is machining out the cucked magwells on imported AKs (something they only really learned how to properly do within the last decade, MUCH trial and error).
>>
File: Screenshot_20170310-093140.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170310-093140.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>33260457
Tell me more about a rifle you don't own.

That said OP, go for PTR if you have to have a G3 style rifle.
Like I said Century has terrible QA. I was able to inspect mine before hand and only paid $500.

Better yet get a good AR10 that will btfo both C308s and PTRs.
>>
>>33260268
>Keeping mind I know nothing about this firearm

If this whole platform is at risk of slam firing, why is it so expensive and why do people buy them. Is it just an older design with historical significance?
>>
>>33260457
I've never understood how companies like Century continuously put out sub-par products and builds year after year. If Soviet factories could build perfectly functional AK's, PSL's, SVD's, etc using unenthusiastic Soviet workers in cold-war era factories and conditions then why can't Century do it today? The required tools for such builds (presses, brakes, rivet guns, drills, mills, etc) aren't all that expensive and they obviously have everything they need already to put their guns together but their manufacturing and QC is terrible. How hard would it be to fix known issues like canted gas blocks/sights? QC and management should look at where that particular shit is going awry in the build process and implement new procedures to get it right.

I just don't understand why they go through all the trouble and expense to get set up to build these things only to put out sub-par products when it would only take a marginal amount of extra effort / money to get it right. They're already 95% there, it would just take a few tweaks at this point to make it 100%.....
>>
>>33259860

I can second this. C308 is a waste of money and a dangerous mistake.
>>
File: devil gun.png (2MB, 975x738px) Image search: [Google]
devil gun.png
2MB, 975x738px
>>33260457
My c308 shot an inch and a half at 100 yards before i sold it.Although it was powered by satan.
>>
I own a c308 and it shoots 4 moa groups and I base this in two groups of 20 cheap tulaammo not 3 or 5 groups.
>>
>>33259514
it's called sunlight, you should try it sometime
>>
>>33259514
It's called paint.
>>
>>33260864
In the Century, old used parts kits are used and paired with a new PTR receiver. Often the internal parts like the bolt and carrier come "NIB" caked with grease and gunk. Mine wasn't even functional out of the box. I could imagine the firing pin being so gunked up that it sticks forward.

Once I completely tore it down, got a CETME armorers kit and rebuilt it myself it works great, but unless that sounds like something you want to do for shits and giggles, get a PTR.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.