[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I'm going to BCT this summer. I have no problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: female grenade.webm (783KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
female grenade.webm
783KB, 480x360px
Hey /k/, I'm going to BCT this summer. I have no problem preparing physically, but do you guys have any tips to prepare mentally?
>>
>>33258055
I zoned out for 3 months. Just follow instructions and be loud. Don't volunteer to do shit too much, but do it some. Don't rock the boat.
>>
File: 1473860482699.png (2MB, 1924x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1473860482699.png
2MB, 1924x1200px
bump
>>
>>33258055
Where are you going?
>>
>>33258055
This is where the term gray-man actually came from. This clip is like the perfect description of how to be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTKgyZZP5KQ
>>
Where at? For my reclass I'll be at a Benning OSUT this summer.
My first time through I had no mental issues because it's literally just basic training and everyone in the Army goes through it. Fuck, guy in my unit who financed a mattress with like a 10% interest rate got through it.
>>
>>33259560
holy shit are you me?

>get to bct
>i know its all fuck fuck games
>they start off nice
>after a week we meet our drill sgt's
>DS seems nice
>"priiaats this will not last, be prepared once we get to the bay"
>get to bay
>GET OFF THE FUCKING BUS
>GET THE FUCK OUT
>GET ON THE FUCKING MOOOVE PRIVATE
>HUUURY UP WAITIN ON YOU
>get into bay
>PUT YOUR GEAR ABOVE YOUR HEAD
>GET ON THE GROUND
>UP DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN
>WOON TWO THREE WOOON TWOOO THREE
>PUSH PRIVATE YOU PUSH LIKE A FUCKIN GIRL
>this continues for some time

just be loud, pay attention to what they say, and dont fuck up.

i effectively went 5 weeks or so until one of my DS looked at me and was like "who the fuck are you? ive never seen you before"
>proceed to try to fuck with me
>stone face
>ds is annoyed but genuinely bothered i am unfazed by antics
>proceed to not get fucked with the rest of time in bct
>>
>>33261050
Wow dude you're so hardcore. Fuckin liar.
>>
>>33258055
Where you off to? Im shipping to Ft Jackson in June
>>
>>33258055
Sweet me too man, I'm going to fort lost in the woods in june
>>
>>33260875
>>33261090
OP here. I'm going to Ft. Benning
>>
>>33258055
idk, pick up martial sport like wresting.
>>
>>33260954
Ft. Benning.
>>
>>33261130
MOS?
>>
>>33261149
Small chance we'll be in the same class. I ship to Benning in mid-April, I'll be there until around August for Airborne.
Just look for a prior service faggot who thinks he's hi speed, that's me.
>>
>>33261185
Infantry. 11B.
>>
>>33261404
Grunts gonna grunt.

I'm a tad worried about the fact you need to come here to ask about how to mentally prepare yourself.
>>
>>33261436
Well, no one in my family has served before, I know a lot of guys on this board have served/ are currently serving, so I thought I'd ask here. My recruiter said it was 10 weeks of doing pushups in the rain while somebody yells at you.
>>
>>33261516
OK well I'll tell you this and I hope it'll help. Before moving to the USA I lived in the UK and got to work with the Royal Marines. Hopefully their reputation will precede them.

The corp ethos is this:
>Courage
You will be scared, there will be times you'll have to undergo challenges you've never faced before, face them head on and don't look back

>Determination
Not dissimilar to courage but this is the bit where you have to dig deep, whether it's the last few push ups, the last half mile or your soaked through on a patrol. Find that fire within you and keep your head up and legs moving.

>Unselfishness
You are part of a team, the people beside you are going through the shit with you. Putting them down to push yourself forward will not help anyone. If you see someone struggling help them, if you are foot at land navigation help someone that isn't and maybe they will help you with something you are struggling with because I can guarantee you aren't rambo

>Cheerfulness in the face of adversity
This to me is possibly the most important. Positive mental attitude. You can be tired, broken, and hating everything but one thing they cannot ever break is your spirit. Whether that's cracking a joke with your buddy after getting grilled for some shit or giving your friend the finger over at another sentry position as you both sit in the pissing rain because it will make you both laugh. This is what will pull you through the toughest times.

Keep that in the back of your mind and I guarantee nothing will break you.
>>
>>33261404
>>33261436
BCT is way easier than movies and TV make it out to be and anyone who's been through and tells you it is hard, is fluffing their story. Sure there's tough moments but looking back, it was a lot of fun. Light exercise and some basic soldiering skills, that's all. You'll be fine OP.
>>
>>33261670
It's harder for some people because they never lived alone, this really adds to stress in the bootcamp
>>
>>33261838
Fair point. I had lived alone at Uni for a while prior. What helped me was writing letters to my girl during personal time. Just don't ask for newdies from her or aything to J.O. to.
>>
>>33261050
I had one ds be cool with me because when like me and 3 others, and it was his last cycle. Infantry ds ignored me, senior ds thought I was a serial killer, and female ds terrified me and constantly fucked with me. Lakota bitch, gave me fear boners.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.