[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings, /k/ I'm looking to learn an effective, no bullshit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: Diemon_Dave_Judy_Chop.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Diemon_Dave_Judy_Chop.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
Greetings, /k/
I'm looking to learn an effective, no bullshit, down to earth martial art.
>Don't give a shit about sport, belts, or competition.
>Would prefer to stay off of the ground as much as possible, so predominately grappling/ rolling styles isn't an option.
>Something an old fag like me can do without too much aggravation to the knees and back.

Bottom line: I wan't to learn something that just plain works. I'm willing to put in extensive time and training to learn, but I don't give a shit about rigid "sporting" rules. I'm looking for real world results. The life or death of my attacker is inconsequential to me.
>>
krav maga desu
but no meme dojo shit just learn some legit military krav maga.
that´s what they teach me during military training, anyway, and i think it´s reasonably effective
>>
no one´s gonna btfo me on the krav maga comment?
does anyone else have any advice? i´m genuinely interested now
>>
>>33249886
>Greetings, /k/
I'm looking to learn an effective, no bullshit, down to earth martial art.

Then why are you on a weapons board?
>>
>>33249886
Don't be a dick.

You'd be surprised how many beat downs you can avoid if you just learn to mind your own fucking business.
>>
Boxing, dipshit.
>>
>>33249886
Tae kwon do is reasonably well rounded, generally avoids going to ground, and you can find at least 3 schools in basically every town larger than dont-blink-no-stoplight ones so you should be able to find a no-bullshit one fairly easily.

Alternatively, plain old American boxing works surprisingly well, is generally cheap to learn, and is ALL ABOUT actual contact fighting and not showmanship and belt progression.

>>33249902
>>33250258
Good fucking luck finding a non-scam krab mango school pretty much anywhere outside of Israel though.
>>
>>33250328
>unironically suggesting tkd
Kicks will get you killed.
>>
>>33249886
wrestling (yes you need ground fag)+boxing or kickboxing/ Wrestling will teach you mental toughness.
>>
>>33250328
i´m being taught crab manga as a part of my military training so i really can´t speak for paid classes.
t. Guatemalan
>>
Boxing, or if you want some variation, go Muay-Thai... I would recommend bjj, maybe no-gi, but that doesn't seem to br an option for you.
>>
>>33250346
So why does literally every martial art ever push them so fucking heavily? TKD, crab mango, systema, BJJ, Muay Thai, Thai kickboxing, aikido, [meme MA of the day], they *all* focus on kicks because kicks are very powerful.

Facing off against 3+ people? Yeah keep your fucking feet on the ground. A good martial art is fucking flexible dude.
>>
>>33250379
Any competent scrapper is going to nab your faggy foot and plant your ass into the concrete.
>>
If you actually want to become a legitimately skilled hand-to-hand combatant, you can't reasonably expect to be able to learn everything from a single school/discipline.

There are some essentials though:

Boxing (Teaches you footwork, how to throw a punch, and dodge a punch)

Wrestling (How to grapple)

Judo (How to throw an opponent)

I imagine you would also want to learn how to properly strike and defend with melee weapons like knives, bats, etc, but I have no idea from where you would actually learn how to do this in an applicable way except by joining a gang.
>>
>>33250386
In that case that "competent scrapper" was going to stomp your ass anyway because either you're the most terrible fighter to ever live or he's a literal god of fighting.
>>
>>33250403
Confirmed for retard. Have a nice day.
>>
>>33250386
*counters with wizard*
See wrestling is useful
>>33250394
could just do grecco wrestling and learn great tosses
>>
>>33249886
>I'm looking for real world results.
Land a first hit. That's basically all you need to know.
>>
>>33249886
Stay in your giant steel box on wheels and only walk through populated, well lit public areas. You're not going to be "laying down a beating" on anyone if you have knee and back problems and aren't physically fit enough to have enough stamina to fend off would-be attackers. If you're that concerned about your safety where you live then you need to find a new place to live.
>>
>>33250258
Tang Soo Do is pretty effective, can't speak for the others.

>>33250346
Unless you're in shape and a blackbelt, then HORY SHEET

>source: had to spar with Muay Thai BB
>>
According to /fit/, Boxing + Judo is the simplest and cheapest way to get competent in striking and grappling.

Muay Thai + BJJ is perhaps a better option, but will cost a lot more.
>>
>>33249886
>Oldfag
Just get a gun

>>33250386
>Any competent scrapper
99.9% of the human population does not fit this by any definition.
That's why gun-fu is so popular.

>>33250403
this
>>
Anyone know how to find a good boxing gym? All the ones in my area seem to be catered towards soccer moms and people looking to get aerobic exercise vs actually learning to fight.
>>
Martial arts are almost useless for a street fight except for making you faster and giving some endurance, all you need is one fast punch to the chin or temple. If there are more people then you just run, it's not a movie,
>>
>>33249886
>Buy m1911
>load m1911
>Point m1911
>shoot m1911
>kill with m1911
>consume m1911
>consume dead corpse
>consume floor
>consume world
>consume universe
>consume self

Best tactic ever
>>
>>33249886
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4
I trust the opinion of this man.
>>
Boxing and either wrestling or judo.

Anything else is an actual meme.
>>
>>33250505
Scrub detected.
>>
>>33250488
>Boxing
>Learning to actually fight

A sport desu
>>
File: imageshjgh.jpg (6KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
imageshjgh.jpg
6KB, 274x184px
>You have to learn a sport style for sparring. Sparring is the secret sauce.

Also the teacher is more important than style.

>Your best bet is either.....".....drum roll please"...

Krav maga or Eskrima.

Both focus on sparring for real world results.

>Krav maga
is a combatives approach raised from wrestling and boxing for jews in the middle east. Lots of focus on staying standing, killing, and unarmed fighting. Does have a weapons aspect to it as well. This art was featured in "History of Violence".

>Eskrima
is a weapons martial art the uses sticks, blades and improvised weapons. It has crappy unarmed fighting, but the disarms are legit.
Nothing is more deadly that you with a knife at close range.This art was featured in "the Borne Identity".
>>
>>33250328
TKD is the art you learn for convenience.

Yea, the kicks are cool and flashy. Doesn't it mean it is super useful.(kicks are useful, the other junk isn't)

I'd rather be hugging a man on the ground cuddled up in BJJ or Judo. As it WORKS.
>>
>>33250488
Salty old dudes, smells nasty or really old.
Has professional and amature fighters.

Be humble they don't need you and will throw you the the wolves and tell you to get the fuck out.

Don't spar much, and for sure don't with heavy weights.
CTE is legit brain damage.
>>
>>33250548
Pretty much.

This is my goal.
>>
>>33249886

Streetfighting. Guaranteed the most effective real world martial art.

I train in the Runescape school of street fighting, I just go out and punch random people (has to be in the street though) and get xp that way.
>>
>>33250505
Boxing is a martial art.

And no shit you run.

It is also useful to control or disarm or even kill with 100% certainty (Judo/bjj/JJJ).
>>
>>33249886
aint a real fight if it doesn't go to the ground. Just go pick some street fights and get used to losing before you can get used to winning.
>>
>>33250386
*taps two Islands*
"Counterspell"
>>
>>33249886
Kickbox
>>
>>33251650
worst advice
ever

go to a boxing gym
>>
>>33249902
Lol krav maga. Jews stealing lethal moves from every known martial art adding a nut kick and saying it is there.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.