[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ favor? Augmentation or Splicing? Now hear me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 11

File: cyberpunk.jpg (402KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk.jpg
402KB, 1920x1080px
What does /k/ favor? Augmentation or Splicing?

Now hear me out mods before you warn me or ban me its /k/ related in this fashion;

>Cyberpunk worlds tend be crime ridden and war infested with guns and what not

>Augmentation can lead to weapons and break through in weapons technology especially armed augmented humans. Half man half machine people

>Spliced humans half man half beast or whatever mutation they give themselves to benefit. Whether its some humanoid lion with super human agility and claws armed with his .50 AE desert eagle or some some regular fuck that gives himself Mortal Kombat Baraka swords in his forearms for weapons.

Realistically in a world like that generally anything could be a weapon if you play the cards correctly. How do you think this would play out on the world stage? From regular civilians to high profile military stuff.

In a world like that, would you rather stay human or choose between being spliced or augmented?
>>
>>33249022
augmemtation because of the inherent modularity. want to take off your exo shit or change your wrist-mounted mp5k to a short little m4? sure! wanna change your armor set? sure!
if you splice and it ends up sucking ass, you're totally fucked.
>>
>>33249022
I'd do both if it were possible and I could afford the initial operations and the upkeep.
>>
File: 7-affinities.jpg (706KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
7-affinities.jpg
706KB, 1680x1050px
>>33249022
>>In a world like that, would you rather stay human or choose between being spliced or augmented?

>MFW this is the inevitable line where two species descend from homo sapiens

>One Machine the other bio orchestrated entity that will later diverge into multiple species

god that'd be one hell of a era to live in.
>>
>>33249028

>Cybernetic human vs Snake Hybrid human
>>
File: 700px-VictoryDominationPurity.jpg (90KB, 700x390px) Image search: [Google]
700px-VictoryDominationPurity.jpg
90KB, 700x390px
>>33249047
>splicers.
>make retrovirus to attack abominations.
>Augs.
>EMP EVERYTHING.
>>
>>33249546
Would you a snek?
>>
File: field solit.jpg (42KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
field solit.jpg
42KB, 604x453px
>>33249022
I'd stay full bio with an exoskeleton. I don't want CIA niggers to hack my hands/eyes/dick. But out of them two, augmentation.
>>
>>33249599

So it's kill the mutant and electrocute the heratic? Purge the unclean
>>
>>33249599

>that foregrip
>>
File: untitled.jpg (69KB, 1000x571px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
69KB, 1000x571px
>>33249022
both
>>
File: 3474531-organs+(1).png (1MB, 1219x880px) Image search: [Google]
3474531-organs+(1).png
1MB, 1219x880px
>>33249022
>>
>>33249615
i'd go bio with a oxygen substitute for my lungs (there's a type of theoretical nanomachine that could allow someone to sprint for 15 minutes without taking a breath), a dermal armor setup, and a flexible bone type matrix for my gut. normal use your gut is flexible like normal, when it gets hit it turns as hard as rock.
>>
Sploicing. I don't want any hackers and viruses and shit getting in my head.

>>33249807
>it's another Mehreens having the exact same proportions as their armor episode
>>
File: 1471419447939.jpg (139KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471419447939.jpg
139KB, 720x960px
>>33249837

I'm sorry a drawing tickles your Autism just right.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Gene-Seed
>>
File: 1483504422180.gif (978KB, 400x215px) Image search: [Google]
1483504422180.gif
978KB, 400x215px
Since this is the science fiction thread right now, we're watching Starship Troopers if anyone wants to join.

filthy
casuals
.tv

Buenos Aires about to get shrekt.
>>
If there were technology to prolong lifespan, I'd try to stay as human as possible.
Splicing if I had a job that was dangerous, no point in staying human if I can adapt.
Augmentation to replace any splicing parts that didn't adapt well enough for that situation assuming it can't grow back.
>>
File: NON STOP.png (95KB, 990x556px) Image search: [Google]
NON STOP.png
95KB, 990x556px
>>33249022

>Augmentation
>The automation and digitization of critical bodily functions
>In a world of oppressive multinational corporations and anarcho-hacktivists

Or:

>Genetic engineering
>In a society where genetic engineering technology is probably potent enough to make fuck-ass lethal bioweapons a trivially-easy task

How about no.

There was something of this in Peter Watt's Echopraxia, the notion of "the roach": In a world of hyperintelligent augs and networked AI hives, being a dumb-as-bricks, plain-jane human has millions of years of evolutionary advantage over some gimmick or product that's only been out a few years. If your uberintelligent brain relies on genetically-modified tumors, then it's trivially easy to dispose of it with anti-cancer meds. If your eyes are a highly-advanced multispectrum sensor suite, then a faraday cage and a few magnets are all that's needed to permanently fuck you up.

Frankly, automation and robots alongside minimally-augmented / gengineered human presence are a better bet than going full Deus Ex.
>>
>>33249047
Unfortunately the mundanity of real life will prevail and such technology will only be accessible to the military. Some augments/splices will trickle down to the civies, but the good stuff will be illegal to own as a civie, much like funs in most parts of the world. Difference is there is no amendment in muh constitution to allow people to have metal dicks, or literal bear arms, so the autocratic government will be sure to nip that in the bud even in Burgerland.
In the end we'll have the same old people with power, only they'll probably be immortal and sure as shit they will control armies of splicers/augs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFRvnNiB-Hg

[Dredd soundtrack blares louder]
>>
Splicing will inevitably lead to genetic freaks and mutants, walking, living, breathing cancer tumors and gangrenous sores.

Augs are the way to go, the base human template mechanically enhanced, with polymers and nanomaterials, a cross of machine and man. Not to mention it has more uses such as upgrades being possible, increased compatibility with new technologies, THE CYBERPUNK FUTURE IS NOW
>>
>>33250001
Battle of Klendathu now.
>>
>>33249022
The original deus ex was much more realistic than the prequels. It posited that only a handful of maniacs would be willing to voluntarily lop off limbs to be augmented, with nanotech being a huge breakthrough. The prequels imply literal children have their arms and legs cut off to get prosthetic limbs, which is retarded.

Prosthetics are getting incredibly good but most amputees would rather have heir original limbs. They sense, they heal, and they don't require maintenance.
>>
>>33249022
Why not both?
Genetic engineering to make you smarter/stronger/more attractive. (none of that furry irl bullshit)
Mechanical augmentation for shit like nanobots to increase longevity and improve health.

We could be running at optimal levels 24/7
>>
>>33249022
If I could realistically choose specific points and genes to add, then I would probably do something to give myself the strength and agility of a large chimpanzee. Think about if you were fighting a guy and could kill him by hitting him in the chest once or twice. Also have great endurance compared to a human, and with minor parkour training and some decent combat training, you'd be a pretty formidable oponent. That is if I could do this without growing hands for feet and hair all over my body.
>>
>>33249022
>>>33249546
>Would you a snek?
Sneaky snek?
>>
Just cyberize my shit up senpai.
>>
I'd stay human and hack the living hell out of everything.
>>
>>33250289
Oh snek!
>>
>>33250152
We can ill afford another Klendathu
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.