[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSL question I found a guy selling a PSL locally. He wants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

PSL question

I found a guy selling a PSL locally. He wants $1100 for the rifle, but doesn't have the factory lps 4x6 scope. I wanted to buy this as a collectors item, so originality is important to me. I can't find any for sale online.

Should I buy the rifle alone and hope to find a scope later? Also, for those who own this optic, are they easy to use and effective? Is the factory scope worth it?

General psl reviews are also good. I have an SVT 40 and 54r VEPR
>>
You keep making these threads, fucking buy the goddamn thing already faggot.
>>
>>33248943

I was on the fence for a while but have decided to buy one. It's a lot of money. I just got an email from another seller at my range offering one for sale. Will include info as I get it
>>
>>33248915
I would love yo have one of these.
Of you have the money and can afford ot, id say buy it. Im sure youd be able to find a scope somewhere eventually
>>
>>33248915
NO

IF IT DOES NOT HAVE THR SCOPE IT MAY BE A TRASH BUILD AND NOT AN IMPORT. FPK/PSL BUILDS ARE KNOWN FOR HAVING FAULTY SCOPE RAILS THAT WON'T WORK
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-21-09-39-58.png (175KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-21-09-39-58.png
175KB, 540x960px
>>33249010

Thanks for the warning friend.

Just minutes after making this thread, another guy emailed me with this rifle. Looks to be complete. 1400. I have a deal set up for saturday
>>
Lol PSLs are $400 guns
>>
>>33248915
They're dogshit. I sold mine for $1400 or o to some complete retard who wanted an SVD and couldn't afford one. If that's you then it's perfect. It's a shitty $300 AK in 54r that's inflated due to scarcity and is less accurate than the WASRs in x39 for everyone else.
>>
>>33249060
>paying $1400 for that piece of shit

PSLs are honestly one of the shittiest guns I've ever had the displeasure to own. If you're doing it for collector reasons then it's okay to own one, but I hope you realize paying anything more than like $800 for this piece of shit is highway robbery.

They can't hit shit, the barrel practically melts after one mag and the little accuracy you had goes out the window, they're often butchered with shitty workmanship, and mine had a FTF or FTE probably once every mag or two.

Also, unless you're buying a pre-ban one or something, there is nothing collectible about them.

So before PSL internet defense force gets here in full, I'm just letting you know that these are both shitty guns to collect and shitty guns to shoot. Don't waste your money. $1400 could get you like 1/3 of the way to a Tigr instead of this piece of junk
>>
>>33249218
This. I have Bulgy AKs with better MOA than this """marksman's""" rifle
>>
OP don't do it, save your money for something with actual quality. Shit, you could get better accuracy out of a fucking RPK clone or some shit.
>>
>>33248915
Buy a VEPR in 7.62x54R
>>
>>33249198
this.

Had and sold one and wouldn't pick up another one for any more than $4-500
>>
File: MFW_thedrugs.png (871KB, 1404x1058px) Image search: [Google]
MFW_thedrugs.png
871KB, 1404x1058px
>>33249517
I'm dumb and I need to read OP better
>>
>>33249226

It is mainly for collector reasons. I live in MD where the SVD action is banned by name. Tigrs and actual SVD rifles are not an option. I'll be plinking at 200 yards or less. I've read that the vepr quality is far superior but if I don't like it, I can always sell.

I have a 20 inch vepr that I enjoy but I got fucked on the c specs mags. My rifle isn't compatible with them
>>
File: P1060323.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1060323.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>33248915
There used to be a ton of scopes for sale online at stupid low prices. I have 5 of them, 4 in use. I got them all for just over $100 each, but those prices have basically tripled. PSL scopes are fairly easy to find with a little patience on ebay. Search lps scope or tip-2 scope, and you'll get results soon. You just won't like the price. I like them better than the 6x24 or 8x42 posps I've used.
All in all, you'll love it.
>>33248915
>Is the factory scope worth it?
It is to me, I like my gun to have original looking equipment. I like how the silver colored scopes look.
>>33249226
I've had the opposite experience with mine, accurate, and reliable except for a malfunction or two when it was brand new.
I sure as hell wouldn't buy a "kit" gun though, I'd stick to something made in cugir.
>>
>>33249060
I guess I should have finished reading the thread. Get that, looks like it's got everything.
Also, that psl mag pouch works as an excellent vepr-12 mag, choke, & ammo pouch.
>>
>>33250007

Thanks for the input. I beleive you have posted in a few of my threads before. I am looking forward to it as a genuine milsurp and really aesthetic gun.

Is there anything in particular that I should look out for?
>>
File: P1070065.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1070065.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>33251074
>Is there anything in particular that I should look out for?
For now.
Just try different ammo types before you settle on one, some shoot FAR better than others.
Russian LVE headstamped noncorrosive ammo and factory 188 are great shooters from mine. Romanian is crap. Bulgarian is "ok" but has oddball flyers sometimes.
And there's good 150gr hunting ammo if you really need to find some. Pic related.
>>
>>33251231

I have 3k rounds of surplus, a few hundred rounds of tula, and 2k of 174gr brown bear. I know you're not supposed to use heavy ball. I'll look out for your recommendations.

Do you have rust problems when using surplus ammo? I'm particularly concerned with cleaning around the gas port

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>33249226
>paying anything more than like $800 for this piece of shit is highway robbery
So then there are cheaper ones somewhere? Because if not, you're just being retarded.
>>
File: P1030158.jpg (257KB, 2088x672px) Image search: [Google]
P1030158.jpg
257KB, 2088x672px
>>33251252
>Do you have rust problems when using surplus ammo?
Not really, it's pretty easy to get the tube looking brand new with a 12ga brush, then finish with a snake. Then I just wipe the bolt face and piston for the most part.
I don't actually clean the gas block much, just spray oil in there to leave a coating in the port and wipe the block the best I can with a cloth and finger. Then I snake the barrel to catch the excess oil dripping from that.
A little oil coat afterwards seems to keep anything from rusting since it keeps moisture away. I basically just keep a layer of remoil on internal surfaces and never clean much else.
>>33251258
this
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.