[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prep Thread General /PrTG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 48

File: bug-out-location-315x157.jpg (25KB, 315x157px) Image search: [Google]
bug-out-location-315x157.jpg
25KB, 315x157px
Plan-Do-Check-Act edition

What's your plan, where do you go, what do you do, how do you not lose your cool.

Ask questions no matter how stupid, that's how you learn.

Also:
General prepping advice
Tactics
Bob critiques
And much much more

Previous threads
>>33174206
>>33211189
>>
File: 1488682243736.jpg (52KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
1488682243736.jpg
52KB, 564x423px
I want to make a bug out van. Are there any info graphs for that sort of thing?
>>
>>33248673
Wouldn't that just be a camper van / RV?
>>
>>33248673
I don't have any off the top of my head, but my advice is look at it logically.

What would you put into a BoB, let's take hygiene for example. You bring wet wipes because you don't have a shower. With a BoV you could put in a solar shower that hangs off the back.

Do the same with other things, clothing, food, survival. Then think about power, solar panels on the roof charging extra car batteries.

Once you break it all down it shouldn't be to difficult to work out what should be in it.
>>
File: 5UEIaY5.jpg (67KB, 720x1134px) Image search: [Google]
5UEIaY5.jpg
67KB, 720x1134px
>>33248673
>all those knifes to fly around if the van ever rolls over/gets into a big accident
>>
>>33248694
Rule number one - secure your shit.
>>
>>33248686
>>33248692
>>33248694
I would not build one like that actually. Something like this is more realistic for me, minus the motorbike. This guy has a great bugout van

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo_o932w9jo&t
>>
>>33248635
I get home and i stay home.
>>
>>33248712
Yeah the one in your pic looks more hipster retreat that SHTFGTFO

Or if you want to live in style and have more money than you know what to do with.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4294028/Is-ultimate-mobile-home-apocalypse.html
>>
>>33248722
How do you get home?
>>
>>33248728
In a car. I live in rural montana. There aren't enough people here to cause a traffic jam.
>>
>>33248736
And what about when you get home?
>>
>>33248737
Play video games probably.
>>
File: 1486009061197.webm (3MB, 1258x514px) Image search: [Google]
1486009061197.webm
3MB, 1258x514px
>>33248725
Goddam, that's nice. But in a true SHTF situation that thing would be targeted. A white stealth camper van like the one in the video I posted is optimal because it blends in anywhere. You can even get some decals that say "diaper collection service" or some shit so no one would even want to break in.
>>
>>33248749
Oh absolutely, avoiding conflict is far better than being able to withstand it because eventually it'll give.
>>
File: IMG_0459.jpg (113KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0459.jpg
113KB, 600x450px
>>33248673
VW Westphalia?
>>
File: 1477758328937.jpg (553KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1477758328937.jpg
553KB, 3264x1836px
>>33248793
I would get a Chevy Express. I would avoid VW or Mercs because they're too costly to maintain and repair.

I would trow a 4x4 system on it too
>>
File: IMG_9114.jpg (54KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9114.jpg
54KB, 640x360px
>>33248673
Doing shtf in style!
>>
File: 1473645188620.jpg (17KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473645188620.jpg
17KB, 300x240px
Y'all got any links to cheap store-able bulk food?

Aint got time to can, want long shelf life.
>>
>>33248817
Are you willing to take the time (and learn how) to put in mylar bags? don't forget the oxygen absorbers and dessicant packets

Dry rice, dry beans stuff like that is much much cheaper to store yourself when compared to those ridiculous Mountain House meals. Use a gallon mylar bags and 5 gallon plastic buckets to keep the enviroment and rodents out.

Sams' Club (I think?) and other bulk stores (I'm not American so I don't know how they are called) have plenty of foods in large #10 cans. They can be the 'wet' part of your foodstorage. Canned meats, canned fruit and vegetables etc.

Seriously, dry rice and dry foods (wheat etc) are much better stored in mylar yourself. 10+ years shelf life if done correctly. And done correctly is done easily.
>>
>>33248817
>>33248843
OK.. Uhm.. I'll reiterate here I want it "long term pre-packaged". I'm not, nor do I want to buy a vacuum sealer. I don't want "wet foods at all. I don't have the time to self can, I am not attracted to the idea of food prepping. I am just asking if anyone can recommend links to cheap long term prepackaged storable foods.

To the guy that replied 1st, thanks.
>>
>>33248749
white vans are targeted in most cities. they are ussualy full of goodies like copper fittings or wires, electronics or stuff. placing decals may help.
for the love affair God don't get external locks for the doors or visible bars for the windows. people who practice crime get very good at telling where valuables are stored.
>>
>>33248917
Sam's club
>>
>>33248749
Holy fuck what movie is that scene from?
>>
>>33248981
The sound of music
>>
>>33248990
C'mon dont be a dick
>>
>>33248998
Afraid I honestly don't know, to be fair I've never seen the sound of music either to it very well could be from it for all I know.
>>
File: IMG_0460.jpg (261KB, 1258x707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0460.jpg
261KB, 1258x707px
>>33248917
By "wet" he means in a bulk can.

Think restaurant sized. Costco has fruit cocktail, soups, and sauces in bulk cans. Don't recall ever seeing meat like that though.

He's not wrong about the rice though.
Worth the extra effort.

Pic kinda related
>>
>>33248917
Don't need a vacuum sealer for mylar at all. Fill a mylar bag with rice, throw in an oxygen absorber packet, throw in a desiccant packet and seal it with any old clothes iron or hair straightener.

Let's find out first for how long you'd like to have food stored?

Only prepping rice and beans is prepping for failure or at least being do sick of it you won't eat it anymore. You still need variety when SHTF. You don't want to eat only dehydrated foods. #10 cans can get you canned tomatoes and other vegetables. That's what I meant with 'wet' foods.

Mountain house makes a 2 week kit for 300 dollars. I can make a 2 month emergency food storage myself with that money in mylar and with #10 cans from Sams club. It's the same reason I advise against ready-made IFAK's and stuff. You need to be familiar with the things in there and how to use/prepare them.

>>33248919
Anything sewage related when adding fake decals. Spray liquid fart
>>
>>33249025
This is the stuff I'm(>>33248843 and >>33249037) talking about.
>>
>>33248981
Gray State

The director 'mysteriously' died before it was finished

http://www.returnofkings.com/89013/the-mysterious-death-of-iraq-veteran-and-gray-state-film-director-david-crowley
>>
>>33249025
>Don't recall ever seeing meat like that though.
it's mostly potted meat, corned beef, chicken, tuna, and salmon that I've seen in big cans
>>
File: 0.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>33248981
>>33249053
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7FVXERKFE
>>
>>33249011
Looks Dead Snow 2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwP1PDdIr9I
>>
Just copying some things from the old thread

>Use the PDCA cycle
Plan the important events and their impacts
Do/acquire the means to protect yourself or take care of yourself & your family
Check if the things you bought/acquired actually help, practice your plans
Act to adjust your plan or measures based on the evaluation
>Repeat on at least a yearly basis

Threat analysis
>What is the most likely incident to happen?
>At what point does this become a threat to me or my family?
>what else could happen (or stop working) because of this threat?
>What is the next most likely thing to happen?

Most likely things in my mind that could be a danger or need to prepare against:
-Black-out that last >24 hours. Includes possible impacts: loss of water, loss of heating, loss of financial transactions, loss of communication and information, limited unrest
-Severe weather, flooding causing loss of utilities (see above) without needing to evacuate
-Cyber warfare, Russia fighting NATO
>>
what is a good target for the ammount of ammunition to have?
>>
>>33249158
This SOP is a checklist to go through when it's time to Bug-in. You can make 'escalation events' at what point you feel it's time to start the SOP. For me, it's when a large outage lasts more than 6 hours. Or directly when it's a man-made intentional disruption. Regular disruptions like power outages due to digging or downed power lines or maintenance don't ever trigger the SOP, they come with a small Area-of-Effect

>0. If possible, make a shopping run to get some more supplies, if you feel you need them. Make use of that bank or credit card until the electronic financial system goes down. Save cash for last. Gas up your vehicles before lines start to build up at the gas station.
>1. Shut all doors, windows, blinds, shutters on the outside and inside the house (keep warmth and any lights inside, less attention = better)
>2. Fill all containers and bottles with water, either for drinking or sanitation, like flushing the toilet. You don't know how long it's going to last, yet. Better make use of the water grid for as long as it is available.
>3. When using candles, keep a bucket of water nearby, you don't want to burn down your house when the Fire Dept. is unavailable.
>4. Monitor the local appointed emergency broadcast stations, ham radio bands and Red Cross frequencies for useful information. Keep in mind the available batteries, their batterylife, your ability to recharge them and the expectation you have of the duration of the incident. Don't spend all day going through your batteries on the first day if you suspect it might last a few days.
>5. Keep your family members (kids?) near, so they don't go off doing stupid stuff. Keep your trauma kit (CAT TQ, CombatGauze, Israeli bandages) even closer.
>6. When your home gets damaged
>>Get everyone out/to a safe place
>>Shut off gas, water and electricity
>>Only call 911 in life-threatening emergencies you can't get yourself or others out of
>>Call the county or city for sewage, branches or other nuisances.
>>
>>33249025
Yeah I know that. It's why I don't want "wet" foods.
>>
>>33249234
So you want cheap, and something that doesn't require any preparation?

The only single thing that comes to mind then are the Datrex Emergency Rations then. They taste like shit though. They come in life rafts and stuff like that.

Mountain House also requires preparation (mix water with dehydrated shit and heat/bake/cook it) and like I said, 14 days is 300 dollars.
https://www.mountainhouse.com/m/product/703684.html

I can do it a lot better for a lot less. And I know you can do it too, anon
>>
File: Dan%20Bates_Camo%20Big%20Wheels.jpg (505KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dan%20Bates_Camo%20Big%20Wheels.jpg
505KB, 800x600px
>>33248793
aesthetic but impractical due to size and poor quality/maintenance requirements
>>
File: IMG_0461.jpg (53KB, 540x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0461.jpg
53KB, 540x384px
I'm liking the pickup camper. Preferably not white though.

A can seem doable but I've already got the truck so...
>>
>>33249626
can you climb into the camper from the cab? that's one of the perks of a van imo
>>
>Bugging out

enjoy your slow painful death anons!
>>
>>33249679
if you prepare properly there is literally no difference between in and out

what seperates you from out? some plywood and drywall? build a cabin.
>>
I have a few weeks of food in my garage. My plan is to drive 200 miles and pick up my elderly parents, and bring them back to my place so they're safe.
>>
>>33249679
Bugging out is your only option in case you can not bug in anymore.

It's futile to think you can hold out home indefinitely in all scenarios and events. Gotta have some contingency. Flooding is one, reasonable, down-to-earth example for the need to have bug-out plans and BOBs. BOVs' like the camper vans in this thread are neat but a serious prepper luxury. You'd also need a contingency plan incase you loose your BOV.

>>33249720
Might want to build a fuel stock at home and at your parents, and have a stash of food there as well. Also build a BOB for in your vehicle.
>>
>>33249696
>>33249740
Im not talking about that, im talking about the people who have a BOB not a BOL, and during a fallout like situation run into the woods to live with bambi. They will die.
>>
>>33249166
Enough that you feel comfortable, it may be 500 rds it may be 10,000. I'd say at a minimum have 1000, per rifle and the an additional 100 RDS for every magazine you have for it.

So one rifle with 10 magazines would be 2000 rds
>>
>>33248749
Honestly an old conversion van (the ones that had like 4 rows of seats and shag carpet/curtains from the factory) might be a better choice. They're built on the same frame and engine as the older work vans (going back far enough and you could even get a supercharged 454 big block and a half-ton rear end with class 3 hitch from the factory) but they were roomier because they were taller. Leave 1 of the captain's chairs and rip out the 2 rows of bench seats. Leave the factory curtains so nobody's peeking in on your stash and everyone will assume you're an old person that bought it to transport their passle of grandkids 20 years ago.
>>
>>33250172
As far as bugging in and bugging out goes this is my plan.

I plan on bugging in, it's where all of my equipment will be, my food, my water,n my farming. I do however have a BoB. Should it come to a point that I can no longer defend my home, my team and I will bug out to a designated RV. At this point we will regroup and formulate a plan to counterattack and retake my home.

>>33250185
Another thing you may want to consider, which I forgot to mention, is what sort of person are you. Are you jumpy? Will you blast off 20 rounds because you heard a squirrel fart? If yes then maybe you'll want a bit more ammo than an ex SOF high speed low drag Green SEAL Delta Ranger. Plus if you are one of those you'll have the other power rangers there to help you hopefully.
>>
>>33248817
>go to Sam's Club/Costco/local-asian-supermarket and buy big-assed bags of rice and beans, and big-assed cans of steel-cut oats
>buy a bunch of canning jars from walmart (~$6 per dozen for 1qt jars)
>wait for a dry day in the middle of winter
>pour rice/beans/oats into canning jars
>screw the lids down
Done

>>33249037
I would also include at least 1 #10 can of that nasty nacho cheese sauce.
>comfort food is a morale booster
>can be eaten straight from the can
>extremely calorie, fat, and sodium dense because it's salt and oil with fake flavor and color added
>will last days after opening with no other prep even in shitty weather because it doesn't really contain anything that spoils
>>
>>33250254
See I keep thinking of shit right after I hit send. One final thing you will want to consider.
Will you be alone or part of a team. If you are alone you will have to expend far more ammo than if you are in a team. AS LONG AS THEY HAVE STOCKPILED AMMO AS WELL, that is the important part.

If you are alone and have to suppress a target and fire one round per second, you'll be expecting one round per second (duh) if you are in let's say a four man team you can stagger your shots, each man firing one second after the other which means rather than one round per second it'll be one round every four seconds therefore conserving ammo.
>>
>>33249679
And this is why you prep your main residence, have a pre-prepped secondary shelter somewhere (could be anything from a family member's house 3 towns over to bunker-innawoods tier), a BoB, and a vehicle-specific go bag.
>>
So what's your plan if instead of some worthless zombies the happening involves aliens?
>>
>>33250308
Sneeze on them.
>>
>>33250254
That's the only and correct way to bug-out. Only when your daily dwellings become uninhabitable. It's got much better protection from the elements, you got clean threads and hopefully a helpful neighborhood.

In my case, I just plan to hole up at home and stretch the resources we have there. If the pantries are empty and water, sanitation or civil unrest become an issue, we bug-out to a small piece of woods our family owns. Got a cabin there and a water pump. Not much else.

When I was ignorant I thought it would be better to get out of the city as soon as possible and try to bring all that food with us.

>>33250277
you are reading exactly what I'm implying. Gotta have variation and comfort foods. Nice example.
But seriously, when canning anything (in glass or mylar) you really should add a oxygen absorber.
Also six bucks for a dozen jars.
FUCK EUROPE AND THESE LAZY FUCKING CONSUMER SUCKERS.

Last time I saw canning jars they were 20 euro for 6.

>>33250308
Planning for aliums or zombees is fake, gay and retarded. It's a meme and/or ruse to hide regular prepping under
You'll be much better in my book if all-out nuclear war (like threads) it was you were preparing for, bunker included.
>>
>>33248736
What about emp
>>
>>33250354

If real nuclear apocalypse happens few years of supplies and a hut in the woods won't save you anyways.
>>
>>33250393
Total nonissue. If you're far enough away to survive the blast your civilian vehicle's electronics are shielded well enough to not suffer permanent damage. If you're close enough for the vehicle's electronics to suffer permanent damage you're dead from the blast or soon to be dead from the radiation.
>>
>>33248793
> " Close the *cough* fucking door"*cough*cough*
>" im trying to grill in here"
>>
>>33250393
At this point we have argued EMPs and CMEs until we are blue in the face. Some people say yes cars will work others will adimantly argue against it. The fact is we have never had a solar scale CAME or EMP at the level we are imagining answer don't know what it'll do. We can just speculate with the results of tests we run on earth.

If you are truly nervous about it then buy yourself a push bike.
>>
>>33250407
If you were preparing for nuclear war and all you could come up with is a cabin in the woods, boy are you a dumb prepper or what.

I also never implied nuclear war is something I'm prepping for. I would if I could, but I'd need to add a few more zero's at the end of my paycheck.
Bunker is at least 10 g's, easily a lot more. I never said I could survive that shit. Don't come at me with that redneck shit of burying a shipping container.

Zombies are impossible. It being a metaphor for huge civil unrest or other events, just acknowledge you are preparing for those events. That way you can plan accordingly, and be better prepared in the end.

Aliens are just too unrealistic. they might exist, there are just too much variables with that shit.

The good thing the cold war brought was vast publicly available knowledge on how to survive a nuclear war. Bunkers are just expensive.

>>33250393
EMPs are a meme. At least their impact on non-grid tied electronics is grossly overestimated.

>>33250415
You can be directly below an high altitude EMP bomb and survive. A nuclear blast only generates an EMP for a few city blocks. High altitude EMP is almost innaspace. Read the EMP report for congress.

>>33250439
This
>>
>>33250439
The tests the government has run cover single-tactical-nuke levels of EMP at just-barely-far-enough-to-survive distances, and the cars still worked (after needing a restart, but no permanent damage). Anything beyond that is considered catastrophic enough to not worry about because it will kill the fuck out of you right off (Tsar Bomba-bombardment) or have no other real effect (solar EMP/solar flare/other astrological phenomena).
>>
What should I prepare for?
Natural disasters are not going to happen. Nukes I'd be dead anyways. "russian hackers"?
>>
>>33250492
>natural disasters are not going to happen
And what fantastical paradise do you live in? Because natural disasters happen on the local/regional scale pretty much every single fucking year for the majority of areas on the globe, with regional/national ones happening every couple of years.

Or have you forgotten about things like the Flood of '92, Hurricane Hugo, Hurricane Katrina, Superstorm Sandy, the nearly-monthly mud slides in SEA that kill tens of thousands of people, the hurricane+earthquake that hit Haiti, Fukushima Daiiki, etc etc etc that've happened in just the last 30 years and effected thousands of square miles?
>>
>>33250492
Large scale 7 day black-out
Water stops running after 2 days. Stores are empty after the third. People become dangerous after the 4th day.

Financial collapse?
What makes you say that natural disasters aren't going to happen? Where do you live?

If Europe, be aware of the russian meddling. Putin is pulling NATO apart to rebuild the USSR. If he does a Crimea in Estonia, Latvia or someplace else, NATO has to defend. Russia VS. NATO is gonna be some scary shit senpai.
>>
>>33250481
I think you don't have a single thing right about this shit. Except that Ground or Airburst detonations have no significant EMP impact.

Innaspace has a huge effect area on electronics. none on humans.
>>
>>33250481
I would disagree that solar events would have no affect on earth. We have seen in cases such as the Carrington event and the one in Canada 30 years ago that Astro weather can very much have an affect on planet earth.

The fact is though, that with any shtf event you will likely end up without power one-way or another, EMP, earthquake,social collapse, chuck the zombie decided to hate fuck the local generator.

The thing you should do is two fold, have a plan for be producing self sufficient electricity I.e. solar and wind. And second have the ability to operate with no power at all.
>>
File: Untitled.png (453KB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
453KB, 2500x1875px
>>33250492
Everywhere in the world is prone to natural disasters. Even moderate/temperate areas can have severe issues. Vermont had a lot of roads washed away because of Hurricane Sandy--which left many areas essentially inaccessible. Not to mention blizzards, high winds, or being remote enough that you'd run out of power/fuel/food. Tornados may be a freak occurrence but hardly impossible.
>>
File: IMG_20170228_150807_1.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170228_150807_1.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
What's your bug out gun? Post pics of yours? Mine is pic related.
>>
>>33250613
Having power personnally shouldn't be a goal in itself, we can survive without. Makes survival a whole lot better though. (comms, info, lights)

Taking care of yourself and your family when the entire state or country is blacked out and without TV and amenities of Modern Life is something different.
>>
>>33250715

I can't post it, due to my phone not being water proof. So going to where that boating accident happen, swimming down to take a pic won't happen, sorry.
>>
>>33250509
Germany.
>>33250515
Yes, and Germany will be so fucked I either get out way ahead or it won't make a difference.
>>33250615
Again, my particular area is not. No tectonic plate borders, no big rivers, no windy valleys, usually enough rain not to have wildfires.
>>
>>33250755
Oh I'm not expecting to be able to run at full capacity, while it may be nice. However having the ability to have some power may be a plus in some cases. While yes there should be other priorities if you get the chance to create self sufficient power I don't see why you shouldn't.
>>
>>33249333
that actually looks pretty sweet
>>
File: 17s-6.jpg (193KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
17s-6.jpg
193KB, 1024x680px
I have a question regarding a SHTF weapon.

I'm considering getting a scar 16 and 17 as my shtf weapon. My questions are:
>How reliable is it
>How likely is it to break
>How easy is it to get replacement parts.
>Do you think it'll survive?

I'm also looking at getting a p226 mk25 and a Glock 19 as sidearms.
>>
>>33251020
Is there any particular reason you want a SCAR? A much heard argument is the weight ofcourse, but I don't think you're gonna do a lot of dismounted patrols

Either a Galil or PTR-91 with a welded rail on top would be good consideration as well
>>
>>33251109
I just personally like the scar and I have the money available.
>>
I live in a rural area with tons of agriculture, in the event of some shtf scenario my immediate community is fairly self sufficient and close knit. Is it viable to plan on living off the land? Instead of eating exclusively canned food and rice couldn't you prepare for off grid type living?
>>
>>33251180
Living off the land would act as a supplement to the dried rice and grains. It'll help prolong your supplies and also provide nutrition/vitamins you may not get from the grains.
>>
>>33251218
I will also add, you should be growing yourself as well. You may have a night knit community, but when shit turns south you never know how people may react. Make sure you have something to bring to the table even if it's just physical fitness so you can work the land.
>>
File: 1304303448079.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1304303448079.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>33248635
I look at this image and say to my self... sure, bugging out is always a good idea. Bug out and die, period.
>>33248449
>murdering people will not help the group.
SO go ahead and run herd on all those mental defectives that are all out of meds. You will have a blast.
>>33248623
>"I don't care what happens to me, I'm too lazy to take care of myself. LOL but in the off chance it does, you'll save, right anon?"
I had a neighbor see my pantry years back when I was renting and she said it looks like a store in there. She asked if I would take care of her if something happened and I asked what she was bringing to the table. LOL, we never spent much time together after that.
SHTF will turn everyone into violent thieving gibsmedats on an epic level.
>>
>>33251295
Well, my parents have a modest hobby farm that is my main go to if things go bad. I'm also an engineering student (almost done) with a good amount of experience with engines and some practical carpentry skills. I've got a bizarre fetish for retro technology and small engines so I feel like in a post shtf world I could be useful building and repairing machines.
>>
>>33251509
When I said murder I more meant as a punishment for people within the community already. I'm not sure how I'd deal with people that arrive and have issues. Of course if I'm out scavenging with a team and Jonny crack head comes at me he will get dropped.
>>
>>33250333
This.

If species from another planet come to ours it's highly likely they haven't been exposed to illnesses and diseases from our world and thus could over time succumb to them, likely fatally.
>>
>>33251619
>Aliens invade
>Special disease unit formed
>Deployed against aliens
>Massive alien casualties
>Aliens flee screeching about aids monkeys chasing them.
>>
>>33250829
I live in The Netherlands, so right next door to Germany. When I looked at things that could happen, I was pretty disappointed how little can happen here, it's mainly flooding or loss of vital infrastructure due to any random event (be it intentional disruption, technical fault snowballing to a disaster or a natural disaster). Flooding of course will lead to loss of vital infrastructure, such as:
>electricity
>drinking water
>the financial system
>internet/communications
>fuel availability
>social order/emergency services

It's plainly sensible to have at least the capability to survive 7 days without these infrastructures. The first thing you could do is to buy 1 6-pack of 1.5 liters of bottled water per household member.
Priorities to take care of:
>Food/water for 7 days (1,5L drinking water & 1500 kcal at least per day per person)
>Ways to prepare this food, take in account the water needed for preparation
>Sanitation(unpurified water is great for flushing the toilet, but you might want other ways to dispose of human waste)
>Information (battery powered radio's)
>A couple quality LED Flashlights that run on either 18650 lithium or 2x CR123 lithium, candles and stuff like that
>Energy (Powerbanks, regular batteries for the radio, extra batteries for the walkie-talkie, lithium CR123's, ways to recharge powerbanks and 18650 batteries with solar)
>Anything else is either comfort or extending your ability to survive

>>33251135
Ain't gonna argue that. Just don't spend it all and forget about ammo in quantity.
If you want a gun with easy replacement parts, get an AR-15. For your SCAR, just buy the the replacement parts and have 'm right when you need them. Don't think you'll come by them easily when SHTF
>>
>>33251766
Personally I think you won't find replacement parts for many weapons easily in a Shtf situation. The only real way is tearing apart other people weapons in which case you would want to keep a hold of any you find, so even if my scar did break there should be other weapons around hopefully even if it's just a scrappy ar15
>>
File: GHB.jpg (146KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
GHB.jpg
146KB, 680x650px
>>33251766
Had to slice a bit to make it fit under 2k characters.

A couple Baofengs are handy too, get few extra batteries and replace the antenna. Might want to get a magnetic vehicle antenna for easy 10k range

>>33251537
Check out the Sachs 301. 30cc of pure fun.
Planning to live of the land when things go bad, is planning to die. It's really hard to survive with only your surrounds and a backpack. Unless you've been extensively /out/ before... Like a week on your own with a backpack. If it's you're first time out in the sticks, you're gonna die.

Pic related, my Get Home bag.
http://innawoods.net/
>>
>>33251619

You act like they're just gonna get out of their ship and run around all free. They probably have some sort of suit like our astronauts wear, would have them on until they were able to determine that every thing is fine.

Or do you really expect a life form that has the ability to do long distance space travel, would of not of thought "Maybe we should bring some protective gear, we dunno what nasty shit is on that planet"
>>
File: 1486069680643.jpg (240KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486069680643.jpg
240KB, 768x1024px
>>33251797
I think when he talks about living off the land he more meant using a farm that's already set up and rotating. Not trying to be squirrel Nutkin out in the woods.
>>
>>33251790
One is none, two is one.

You want a gun to give to a friendly to cover you, or use yourself. And make use of the common .223/5.56 round.
That's why I advise against a SCAR... You can get a top quality, albeit a bit more heavy .308 and have enough money to buy a quality AR-15 as well...
>>
>>33251808
>But shutup that's not what happened in muh movies.
>>
>>33251828
I was planning on getting a backup AR platform anyway, not anything high level but enough to put rounds downrange.
>>
>>33248692
>What would you put into a BoB, let's take hygiene for example.

200g of poolshock. it treats water when you don't have time to boil it, it cleans your camelbak and water bottles, it can treat wounds and poison ivy.
>>
>>33251837
nah you want it to just be a bit above shit tier. building it yourself is a great way to go good and cheap.

But like I said, if it's your preference, and if you have the foresight to go to secondary or tertiary platforms, it's all good. Don't forget the ammo in quantity.

If I could have my 3 guns they'd be:
>HK G3K w/ full stock and optic
>MP5A4
>Sig P229
r8, h8, masturb8
>>
File: backup pistol for AR users.png (53KB, 414x355px) Image search: [Google]
backup pistol for AR users.png
53KB, 414x355px
>>33251917
>r8, h8, masturb8
your a sad freak who fell for the HK meme of badly stamped and spot welded germtrash. An bulgy AK looks like a precision manufactured machine compared to actually issued G3s in Germany. to add insult to injury, you obviously live in the US, home of the best and most versatile rifle, the AR, which has been streamlined by the free market into the ultimate form of a small arm. sad/10
>>
>>33249679
I'm bugging out to my property in an isolated area.
>>
>>33248635
>Prep Thread General

my only concern is terrorist attacks of greater magnitude than ever seen before and thus most of my preps are combat oriented. rifles, ammo, armour, security measures for my place, fire extinguisher in every room. that sort of thing. I have no desire to store 1 year's worth of food and water.
>>
>>33252082
How are you planning on getting there, how far is it? What have you got there?
>>
>>33252129
That's cool, of that's how you wanna prep then fine.

Me personally I can't see all out combat occuring in the united States whether that's terrorist or otherwise.
>>
>>33251985
Lmao. What ever mane.

If I did live in the US I'd post picture of me pointing my P229 at your lame bait. But I can't own a gun around here. And of course any prepper worth his salt can not deny the value of owning an AR-15. It'd probably even be my first gun if I somehow manage to cross the pond with a green piece of paper and become a citizen. The G3K and the MP5A4 are just... so sexy. And QC is just a matter of buying the right one.

I'm not going to post a timestamp of my Dutch passport.

>>33252129
You ever analysed terrorist attacks? They happen when you're most vulnerable, like on the street or in public places. There isn't going to be some holy war against terrorists where they pose any overwhelming force in quantity. you just want a CCW, and an IFAK. Bulletproof vest maybe.

Or terrorists could attack the vital infrastructures mentioned >>33251766, making those unavailable for a long time, causing social unrest. Like said there, you'd want at least a weeks' worth of food. At the bare minimum.
>>
>>33248817
http://wessonresearch.org/?gclid=CJeK9tOmytICFUuSfgodRMYOgw
>>
>>33252172
"combat" and the paranoia that comes with it is like a cascade of dominos. We've seen it happen in Syria when just a bunch of paid for terrorists attacked random .gov installations, causing police backlash against a wider population. This in return caused retaliation by the civis and the cascade went out of control. It can happen anywhere, any time. Looking at how cops react when one of them is gunned down, you know that if somebody were to cut them down in a few big attacks, shit would hit the fan.
>>
>>33252241
Sounds more like social collapse you're preparing for.

You might want to start that food storage. You think Wal-Mart is gonna stay open when the large domino pieces start to fall?
>>
>>33248793
They are well designed, but at this point finding one in good condition would be difficult. And honestly VW vans were a pretty shit vehicle. Underpowered as fuck, terrible brakes, unreliable.
>>
>>33252241
What happened in Syria I highly doubt could happen In the USA, you have far superior surveillance systems in place. The reason Syria is so shit is you have LARGE tribes trying to wipe one another out. That's not something you have in the usa.
>>
>>33249166
Thousand rounds in every centerfire caliber you have, including fudd guns. Between 10 and 20K rounds of .22lr. If you have .17 HMR, have at least 1K rounds for that.

Consider getting into reloading.
>>
>>33252190
>I'm not going to post a timestamp of my Dutch passport.

Ok, sorry for my assumptions. You're noguns eurotrash, can't blame you for your stupid choice in guns and picking guns based on "sexappeal".

>You ever analysed terrorist attacks?

Probably a whole lot more than you.

>They happen when you're most vulnerable,

Nirvana fallacy much?

>like on the street or in public places.

I kinda avoid those places as much as possible.

>There isn't going to be some holy war against terrorists where they pose any overwhelming force in quantity.

They don't have to number in the thousands. 20 guys kicking shit up in say Germanistan, in unison, would give the cops a run for their money. There are plenty of shitskins they can hide amongst and the marxists will, as they did with the x-mas Berlin attack, do their utmost to stop the police from "racially profiling" and doing their job.

>you just want a CCW, and an IFAK. Bulletproof vest maybe.

Now who is the unrealistic one? A ballistic vest for what? The AKs that they'll be bringing? And unless you're a jew or high ranking eurocrat, you aren't getting a CCW in most euro countries.

>making those unavailable for a long time, causing social unrest. Like said there, you'd want at least a weeks' worth of food. At the bare minimum.

I have at least a month's worth of food, possibly much more.
>>
>>33248814
Wtf is that...must kno
>>
>>33252290
>What happened in Syria I highly doubt could happen In the USA

I'm not implying it would/could play out the same, I'm just pointing out the mechanisms that were at work here and they are universal. If you live in one of the more diverse US cities and are white, there are plenty of "tribes" who'd be trying to wipe you out if given the chance.
>>
What are some good deals on MRE's? I'm in the market for some now since I live in rural Mississippi but not quite the part that flooded in Katrina. Where I live now was without power for a month.
>>
>>33252487
>MRE
I kinda can't bring myself to pay the asked price for shit like that. It looks like industrial garbage from meat processing that is ground into dog food.
>>
>>33252362
Ain't gonna deny the noguns part. But guns weren't the main subject of this thread, it's prepping. Not giving a whole lot advise on 'm, just stating my personal preferences.

A E S T H E H I C S

And if you keep crying about it's reliability, I don't think the many armies and armed security forces buying roller lock firearms will agree with you. Sure old things get replaced with newer guns eventually, doesn't mean they are bad. And I'm not equipping an army, I just need a good one.
And of course it's my dream gun list. You'd rip into me if I'd list an WA2000 (ultimate memegun). The MP5A4 should be F/A as well, while we're dreaming.

I probably wouldn't buy these anyway, AR-15 is GOAT for a lot of things, and there are plenty better priced reliable 9mm carbines options to chose from. P229 is just a good pistol, and you can always nitpick over QC.

>>33252362
You have the right idea about 20 guys kicking shit somewhere. But how are you going to need the abundance of combat capability if you aren't there (with those things)? The following social unrest might cause a need for it, but like I said, I don't think Wal-Mart is gonna stay open in the long run.

>you ain't getting a CCW
hey now, don't rub it in.

>months' worth of food.
That's the stuff. Way I was reading your posts I had the idea you didn't. My bad.
>>
>>33252487
TheEpiCenter.com has cases for sale, typically. Their inventory rotates pretty often so they're usually quite new. It's usually 12 to a case and kcals each do vary. Typically, 1/day is enough if inactive (sheltering in place). 2/day for normal activity. 3/day if high activity. I'd probably couple that with freeze-dried food and shelf-stable groceries. Maybe lifeboat rations and hardtack too. The point is to have a large variety of foods with a variety of preparation methods (IE if low on water, eat the MRE's).
>>
>>33252418
>If you live in one of the most diverse US cities
There's your problem
>>
>>33252535
>But how are you going to need the abundance of combat capability if you aren't there (with those things)?

Well thanks to me almost having been murdered by chechens once, I actually have a CCW license. That aside, have you watched the Charlie Hebdo cell phone footage? Terrorists may, being chased by the cops, break into your place and seek shelter there, taking you and your family hostage etc. I'm not talking about taking my long arm and going to the city center a mile away to shoot e some kebab bc that would most likely get me killed by the cops. I'm talking about defense my my property should they show up around my place. I suck ass more than the average goober with a pistol but I'm great with a rifle.
>>
>>33252590
where would you go if you wanted to live in a >95% european place in the US?
>>
>>33252922
The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>33252960
Nothing. You? Can you answer my question?
>>
>>33252995
Most of the northern states, I've noticed the culturally enriched individuals don't seem to like the cold and tend to avoid the more norther states.

One of the reasons I'm moving to Vermont when I get the chance
>>
>>33252995
Nope.

So you're looking for a place in the US (I assume with the intention of moving there) with a >95% European population? Why? You'll be surrounded by the same cucked anti-gun fags you're escaping Europe for.

I think California suits the type of people you're looking for.
>>
>>33253016
>Most of the northern states, I've noticed the culturally enriched individuals don't seem to like the cold and tend to avoid the more norther states.

Even Minnesota is full of them these days.

>>33253024
>So you're looking for a place in the US (I assume with the intention of moving there)

No.

I posted >>33252418 which somebody responded with >>33252590 - the implication being you just shouldn't live in a nigg infested shithole like LA, Baltimore or the Chicongo basin.
>>
>>33253077
White People = Caucasian =/= Europeans
>>
>>33253077
Don't live in Minnesota, find a state that encourages people to work rather than handouts. Or just move out of the city both are viable options
>>
>>33253016
>Vermont
If I could, I'd move to Maine:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine#Demographics

also great gun laws for NE:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Maine
>>
>>33249111
The obese "militia" members wet dream of a movie.
>>
>>33253227
The regressive "ANTFA" members wet dream of a post.
>>
>>33251020
>how reliable is it?
One of if not the most reliable semi-auto rifles
>how likely is it to break
No more or less likely than any other quality semi-auto rifle, as long as you're not planning on getting into enough firefights to shoot dozens of thousands of rounds.
>how easy is it to get replacement parts
Difficult now, come SHTF basically impossible.
>do you think it'll survive?
Yes, but so will a LOT of other rifles.
>>
>>33251109
A SCAR 17 weighs considerably less than a PTR and about the same as a Galil. They're only around 8lbs. A SCAR 16 weighs even less, about 7lbs. They're actually quite light, and you'd have to go to a pencil-barreled AR10 to get lighter in a .308 semi.
>>
>>33250254
>and formulate a plan to counterattack and retake my home.

Bring lots of shovels and sandbags, in case you got flooded out.
>>
>>33253604
I'm already planning on getting some sandbags, thankfully where I live the slope of the land means that it's near impossible to flood which I'm quite happy about. When I eventually build my own home I'm planning on making sure that's a consideration when choosing the plot of land.
>>
>>33250479
>Bunker is at least 10 g's, easily a lot more. I never said I could survive that shit. Don't come at me with that redneck shit of burying a shipping container.

First, you don't need a bunker unless you're living in a target area. If you're that close to nuclear forces,or command/control elements, you probably have access to a bunker.

If you're worried about fallout, you can shelter in place at home. Make sure you have a couple of rolls of visqueen, a case of duct tape, a case of hepa furnace filters and you're set.

If you really need to dig in, cheap and fast, get a poly septic tank and rent a backhoe for a weekend.
>>
I think I have only ever heard one good argument for prepping for zombies. The argument basically said that if you prep for "zombies" you'll be pretty much set for anything life throws at you.
>>
>>33253802
Zs are the only legit SHTF cause out there. Every time there was a biological threat the .gov agencies tasked with fighting it have globally shown massive reluctance to deal with it lest they somehow disturb commerce.
>>
>>33253802
That's not really true.

Prepping for zombies really doesn't do shit to prepare you for most natural disasters, which are the most likely forms of S hitting TF.
>tornado
Good luck shooting it to death, and you're damn sure not running from it since they're low or no notice incidents and can travel up to 150mph in an unpredictable path.
>flood
It's highly unlikely that any fortifications (which are rarely called for in most zombie prep scenarios since people that cater to this subsect of idiots are themselves either scammers or retarded) are gonna be waterproof, much less capable of standing up to the sheer kinetic energy of flood waters.
>landslide
There really isn't a good way to prep for these other than live somewhere they're either impossible or so improbable they're effectively impossible.

Pretty much the only one that'd even be partially covered under zombie prepping would be low to mid-grade hurricanes. Since the severe ones come with mandatory enforced evacuation, and the lower tier ones will actually be mitigated by half-assed fortifications and outlasted with half-assed stockpiles of food and potable water. Especially if there's another Katrina-esque clusterfuck with rampant looting and lawlessness following it where the guns and trade goods would come into play.

But then you have the whole bit about hurricanes being so prevalent they are the ONLY natural disaster that is universally totally acceptable to prep for, if you live in a hurricane-prone area (obviously if you live in fucking Montana people are gonna think you're weird as shit for prepping for a hurricane).
>>
>>33253874
I mean Z's will never happen, and I somewhat disagree with your view on how the government handles it hell you only have to look at the last three big ones (bird flu, ebola, Zika) the CDC swings into action and does its job that's the whole reason it's there.
>>
>>33253874
Funny, I do recall an almost total cessation of international commerce coming in and out of NW Africa during the whole Ebola scare, and half the countries on the planet boycotted Brazil during the Zika scare.

It might've taken them ~400 years to learn, but governments are finally getting on top of international disease vectors.
>>
File: CON_24x36_Poster_ALEX.jpg (198KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
CON_24x36_Poster_ALEX.jpg
198KB, 533x800px
>Syrian shitskin infects USA with plague, killing millions
>pls Allah, make it so!
>>
>>33253883
Zombies
>Transmission
You would probably have biochem equipment, masks and suits if prepping for Z's
>Supplies
Due to the expected lack you'll probably have stored food and water with means to grow more.
>Defence
bunker (which would protect against tornadoes) but yes more commonly firearms and lots of ammo.
>Movement
Zombies won't effect vehicles so people will likely have a fairly tough vehicle to handle it.

While yes floods and landslides are serious I don't know much you can do to prep for them. Prepping for "zombies" isn't completely retarded.
>>
>>33253898
>>33253895
they are on top of shit. the only factor playing into this to our benefit is that most pathogens aren't the ultra deadly kill all monsters. simply put, that is not how diseases work. they are ultimately governed by the math of evolution and host-vector dynamics.
>>
>>33253981
I dunno I think that's largely due to modern research I'm pretty sure the plague, Spanish flu and smallpox kinda did a number on the human population in the past.
>>
>>33253950
>Transmission
Spending thousands on medical PPE gear
for what exactly? We established that living dead don't exist. Would be much better off spending that on different things.

Having zombies as the scenario you are playing out will affect your prioritization and needed resources to build those wrong priorities in a bad way.

A nationwide power outage for a week or month, now that's a realistic scenario to use. The Walking Dead fantasies are just bad for prepping. You ain't never gonna have to kill a horde of alive people. That's mass murder. Fending off bands of nig-nogs that shoot back, that's something else.

People and zombies are not the same.
Nor is pandemic event the same as zombie scenario's.

It's same as planning to live off the land. False sense of security and bad priorities.
>>
>>33254010
so, speaking in evolutionary terms, what's the point of a virus that infects the host and kills it quickly? It dies with the host too. The prime directive of any organism is to make as many copies of itself as possible. high mortality is a common artefact of viruses/pathogens that have recently jumped the species barrier and have not yet adequately been selected for maximum infection rates. Best example, HIV. It's also a great example for the blundering bumblefucks of the CDC fucking up and shitting the bed.
>>
>>33248712
That guy's voice sounds exactly like you'd expect.
>>
>>33254064
Zombies do not exist no, but chemical attack, Bloodborne pathogens and airborne pathogens do. I don't think the doctors in Africa were bowling around in thousands of dollars in gear were they. No it was overalls, masks, gloves, boots and duct tape.

Cool nationwide power outage, you could build dollar and wind into your house.

As far as living off the land, farming isn't that hard, especially if you already have food stored. The additional farmed goods only supplements and adds to your current stores.
>>
>>33254010
It isn't even modern research.
>the plague
Ceased to be an endemic threat once people stopped being nasty cretins
>Spanish Flu
Not a particularly deadly or easily transmissible form of influenza, it killed a lot of people because there were a lot of people packed in close quarters to catch it. Influenza still kills tens of thousands of people every year and there's a Spanish Flu-tier outbreak about once every 30 that lays low a major population center somewhere. The things that mitigate the severity of the illness and the transmission rate are far from research and far from modern, because they're simple shit like quarantines, not living a gorillion people to a house, and washing your shit regularly. All things that Western civilization figured out were good things around 1700 and successfully implemented in most of society by 1800, well before we were even aware that viruses existed.

The only example that modern research has had a significant impact on is smallpox, and it's still around and outside of the Western world still prevalent and still killing tens of thousands of people a year.
>>
>>33254070
The problem with that is once it jumps the species barrier it can transmit very rapidly especially if it's already there, take zica for example.

As far as HIV/AIDS, since the 80s when the CDC took a vested interest. The number of new HIV/AIDS victims has dropped significantly and is continuing to decrease.
>>
>>33254098
>The only example that modern research has had a significant impact on is smallpox,
>Only
Lol no. Polio didn't just disappear because we encouraged people to wash their hands more. Culturally encouraged hygene helped, but modern science has done the heavy lifting in the last two centuries.
>>
>>33253248
>regressive
fuck off, Sargon
>>
>>33254166
>fuck off, Sargon
Sorry, my name is Devon Tracey.
>>
>>33254095
>chemical attack
Unless you live in the Middle East, the odds of this happening anywhere you're going to have PPE stored are so astronomically low you might as well prep for the heat death of the universe. IF it happens AT ALL, it will be in a public enclosed place like a government building or public transportation like buses and subways. Places you're not gonna have your pro mask and MOPP suit.
>bloodborne pathogens
You know how to prep for bloodborne pathogens? Stay the fuck home once it's announced and if some random guy bleeds on you wash your shit with soap then get checked out at the hospital. Nobody that's bleeding profusely is gonna be trying to bust down your front door, and in the extremely unlikely scenario someone *does* try this they'll probably fail because they're weak as shit from bleeding profusely.
>airborne pathogens
Odds are once it's realized what's going on you're already fucked or in an area that's unaffected. This is because pretty much everything with a mentionable mortality rate has a 48-72 hour incubation period that's symptom-free.

>>33254146
I meant of the issues listed. Yeah vaccines have done a lot to curb pretty shitty illnesses.
>>
>>33254095
Your windmill gonna power the whole city or country?
The problem is not you not having electricity, it's the entire civilization that comes to a standstill without it. Stores not open, food spoiling, restaurants closed, no ways to prepare spoiling foods. Maybe you're not hungry because you prepared, but hardly anyone does that. They are going to be hungry.You see my point?

Chemical plants going bad on you, you just need a gas mask with the right filter. Not a bloodbarrier in the form of hazmat suit, it's not a warfare agent that can be absorbed through the skin. Airborne pathogens might be something to prep for eventually, when you got the basis down first. But these things are for when you're a few years in to this stuff and got experienced with basics first, like loss of utilities and vital infrastructure. that's what I mean by bad priorities.
>>
>>33254187
Fuck you're on point f.am
>>
Gonna make a paste bin with important info out of these threads, for in the OP.

But first sleep
>>
>>33254582
If you need any help compiling info gimme a shout
>>
Its not worth prepping while I'm living with my parents. I'll just off myself during the happening.
>>
>>33251135
if you want the best rifle you can get for SHTF then it's the wrong choice. If you want a rifle you really like that will work for SHTF if necessary then its fine. finding replacement parts and extra mags will be its major negatives when compared to more common rifles.
>>
>>33254098
Frankly you don't seem to know very much about what you're talking about.

1. smallpox has been effectively eradicated in the wild. people like to go on and on about this to show just how effective wide scale vaccination campaigns can be.

2. Plague is oftentimes airborne but can present in other forms, has a relatively high morbidity rate, and only stopped being a large threat because LOL antibiotics. Which was great, until multiple governments bred antibiotic resistant strains as WMDs and stored them in all kinds of different places with occasionally dubious security(lol biopreparat).

3. Spanish flu was highly virulent and highly lethal for a flu strain. Estimates are that as much as 1/3rd of the worlds population caught one strain or another of it. Spanish flu has such a hard core street rep because unlike other diseases which most adversely effect those with weakened immune systems it actually killed those with stronger immune systems. People theorize that this was likely due to the virus causing a cytokine storm or through some other immunological interaction.

War games conducted in the late 90s/early 2000s by federal officials indicate that an outbreak of even a typically non lethal and treatable disease(i believe they used non antibiotic resistant TB) was something that federal and local officials were completely unprepared for. If enough people are infected before serious measures are taken then the situation goes out of control in an extremely rapid fashion. There are simply not enough beds, doctors, or antibiotics for fighting even regionally isolated epidemics of any serious scale.
>>
>>33255354
Breeding, modifying bugs to be resistant against common antibiotics, and hardening biological agents are all surprisingly low tech endeavors that we've had down pat since the 50s. A deranged or ideologically motivated micro bio graduate, with a modicum of can do attitude and a couple tens of thousands of dollars worth of non restricted lab equipment could rather easily become the worlds greatest mass murderer if they wanted to.
>>
File: reusable bottle.jpg (21KB, 354x612px) Image search: [Google]
reusable bottle.jpg
21KB, 354x612px
I have a project I have been ignoring for a couple years. I have a few hundred of pis related, all sanitized and ready for reuse.

Want to fill with rice and or beans with seasonings and put on a shelf. I know if I can keep the humidity down when I fill them the rice / beans and spices are edible for longer than any of us will be alive.

What kind of spice mixtures should I be using, cooking is not my thing and there are so many possibilities. Help guys I'm stuck.

Thanks, anon.
>>
>>33253919
That was a pretty decent show. Shame we won't get a second season.
>>
>>33255527
Fuck off, we've told you twice already.
>>
>>33252290
What does surveillance have to do with civil unrest?
>>
>>33248813
Just get a Suburban...
>>
>>33255610
Not >>33252290 but a all those cameras, cell phone spy hacks and such would mean the authorities would be able to figure out ring leaders, participants and arrest them or otherwise neutralize things before an uprising gets out of hand, the theory goes.
>>
>>33248981
Dead Snow 2.
>>
>>33255527
Salt pepper and garlic are the holy trinity of cooking. Everything else is preference.

Also learn to cook you lazy fuck.
>>
>>33255631
Not enough space. I'm thinking of becoming a van dweller to save money on rent and stuff.
>>
>>33251020
Any decent rifle will last for tens of thousands of rounds before you have any kind of catastrophic failure, you probably wouldn't survive enough gun battles for it to ever break that way

As far as scavenging parts, though, an AR is the obvious choice. AR parts are fucking everywhere.
>>
>>33253304
why bother arguing dude, he's a eurofag whos never even fired a gun giving people advice on firearm options in SHTF. The just having a LARP
>>
>>33252190
>t. LARPing faggot /nogunz/
If you choose guns based on aesthetics and not on function you deserve to die desu
>>
What about water filtration techniques?
>>
Preppers are so silly, if youre truly a prepper you would prepare for actual, likely scenarios like getting old (saving for retirement), losing your job (be debt free before you even buy your cock 19, saving to have 6 months of cash to live on), etc
>>
>>33256266
Who says they didn't do that first?
>>
>>33255578
No, no y7ou haven't. You made some weal ass post about herbs that is worthless because they would rot and ruin the concept of super long storage time. Spices are all irradiated so they can sit on a shelf for decades.

Any /ck/ fags here at all?

>>33255765
Fine, I'll just go to goggle for every question I have and never take part in discussion o the board again.

Fuck you very much anon , fuck you very much.
>>
>>33256242
yer mum has some nice techniques
>>
>>33256685
every tvshow/youtuber/forum post about survivalism

the whole movement is tainted with gear queers and bubbas to the point where calling yourself a prepper or survivalist is met with laughter outside echo chambers
>>
>>33256266
>scenarios like getting old
So, i'm hoarding canned food that'll last for years at end, especially in times with inflation like today - is that not smart according to you?

>losing your job
so, how about in such a case I'll grow my own food? and maybe sell the surplus to get money for clothes and other necessities?

>saving to have 6 months of cash to live on
maybe i should have multiple sources of income then, at least until the world is going on like normal, and maybe i'll funnel the extra cash into my own garden, and electric power creating techniques?

>>33257077
look, double seven, some idiots do go overboard. but we can't do shit about them. if they give us all a bad name, then what can we really do?
not all muslims are terrorists, mate. not all whites fuck their mothers, not all indians shit in the street, not all blacks are dindu.
>>
First. 3 locations

Home, mobile and remote.

Home has supplies, Mobile is what is in my trunk, remote is my bug out.

What do I do? Survive. Not go insane by boredom and live the next day. Be near a fish filled lake.

Prep advice? Learn to cook over a fire and how to weld using just batteries and solar panels.

Tactics? Dont get in a gun fight. Dont be noticed. Learn DYI silencers.

As for the rest. Buy land in the middle of no where but has underground water access. Learn it. Live in it. Tent, trailer, who cares. Solar panel, batteries and pumps can do a hell of a lot.
>>
>>33257174
>Tactics
Know how to handle yourself in a gunfight, don't be noticed where possible but be ready to fight for your life if you have to.

Why diy silencer?
>>
>>33257111
>is that not smart according to you?
no

>how about in such a case I'll grow my own food?
and this is why preppers are met with laughter, any hippie can tell you that it takes a little more than throwing some seeds in the ground and thinking youll have all the food youll need

>ill grow my own food
kek

>maybe i should have multiple sources of income then
good, and use them to pay off your mortgage(i srsly hope youre not renting and a prepper), student loans(you are educated, right?), car payments(or better still only buy cars in cash to avoid paying 10k in interest over 6 years), etc before you even think about buying anything preppy

>at least until the world is going on like normal
the world is normal, its more "normal" than it has ever been

>maybe i'll funnel the extra cash into my own garden, and electric power creating techniques?
do what you want with your spare cash, but its silly to buy any gucci gear while you still owe a bank money and have not saved for the most likely scenarios like the 98% chance you wont use any of your preps (ever, not even once) and will need money for retirement
>>
>>33257234
Both sides have advantages. Let's just say most of the time you are out gunned. Not to mention the waste in ammunition vs what you get from them may be not be worth the encounter.
>>
File: 1472160929623.jpg (43KB, 552x293px) Image search: [Google]
1472160929623.jpg
43KB, 552x293px
>>33257257
Well aren't you the salty little bitch.

Prepper here. Debt free with my meager home and hunting acreage all paid off. We do grow almost all the food we eat except for beef. I grow my own living tendies and get their eggs and we grow host of veggies. We let a neighbor graze his sheep on our hunting property so we get a good bit of delicious mutton when we make it out there.
You can feed 30 people on 4 well managed acres of land and it doesn't really take a whole lot more than throwing seeds on the ground is the ground is prepared right and the beds and ladder racks are built.
Shit is easy once you get into it. Canning our own foods, pickling a bunch of food and dehydrating a bunch more is just time spent hanging with loved ones listening to music and drinking a weekend away.

The prepper lifestyle is super low cost low maintenance if you do it right. I earn good money yet my cost of living is crazy small even though I live really well. I eat great, have a great home and family. Go ahead and assume you know about preppers and talk shit. I'm comfy as fuck and will stay that way is everything goes deep south. Will you be comfy is shit gets bad anon?
>>
Rush to get my guns
Rush to the nearest store with ammo
Break in and take ammo
Tell GF and parents to GTFO the city
Meet them somewhere secluded
>>
>>33257563
youre lying, know how i can tell?
>>
>>33257594
You gonna die
>>
>>33257077
Because you've really seen *every* tv show, Youtuber and forum dealing with survivalists, right? And *none* of those aren't cherry picked for being extreme, outlandish or otherwise not fitting into your scenario of not dealing with the most common first?

You had a preconceived notion of what survivalists prepare for and how they go about it, and you're not going to let anything change that, are you?

Student loans and mortgages are a years long repayment thing Anon. To suggest people should concentrate solely on that to the exclusion of things like tornados, hurricanes, and break downs of law and order due to unpopular jury verdicts, terrorist attacks and the like is rather foolish.
>>
>>33257597
Just because you can't doesn't mean others can't anon. Stop projecting your own failings on others.
>>
>>33257664
deflecting wont save you, come on take a guess
>>
>>33257632
none if those things are going to happen to you if you make if youre a wasp
>>
>>33257736
I'm guessing you're a retard who is baiting. And not masterbaiting.

>>33257777
Wasted dubs and quads to post gibberish.

I find the people who get so angry that people choose to spend their time and money in a pursuit the butthurt one dislikes rather sad folks. Do they lay awake at night, tossing and turning over the thought that somewhere, someone holds an opinion counter to their own, spending money in a way they themselves find foolish, and choose to spend their life in pursuit our enlightened one would mock? Yes, because this is 4chan, and it's full of them.
>>
>>33257835
The best part of that "final stand" tantrum is that it shows youve lost. You know that im right when i say you should be spending your money in grown up pursuits instead of silly items for an doomsday that is never going to come, but moving out of mommys basement, getting a job and a car and a house and a wife are all just too difficult, so you live out this fantasy that one day terrorists will burst into your church or russians will parachute in and you will finally get to show all those "normies" that you have value. Its pathetic honestly, and im actually trying to help, you need to stop living in a fantasy world, there is a 99.9% chance nothing bad will happen to you, if you want to prep or shoot as a hobby, thats fine but have all your other ducks in a row before you waste your money and time preparing for things that will never happen
>>
File: 1482575763254.jpg (114KB, 599x336px) Image search: [Google]
1482575763254.jpg
114KB, 599x336px
>>33257997
>doomsday will never happen, grow up be good goy
>virtually every major conspiracy is coming true before our eyes
>NWO is going into panic mode
>their guy lost the election
>pedo rings exposed
>CIA hacked by magical wizard
>be good goy no worreh just work
>>
>>33257736
Tell me how you know I'm lying. This might be entertaining.
>>
>>33258195
>rioting in the streets every day for months
>most isn't even shown in media
>president will probably be assassinated leading to civil unrest and pandemonium

stop being silly manchildren spend money on debt not camo pants.
>>
>>33257997
>have all your other ducks in a row before you waste your money and time preparing for things that will never happen

What, exactly, are your qualifications to be handing out lifestyle advice?
>>
File: 14839362739.jpg (109KB, 875x635px) Image search: [Google]
14839362739.jpg
109KB, 875x635px
what books/resources do you all recommend?
>back to basics
>>
Made a pastebin. For new threads to place in the OP. I intend to keep it updated and add new information to it, so the link stays the same.

http://pastebin.com/FhKXrmYh
>>
Jesus Christ reading some of this thread gave me a migraine, it was like listening to an autistic hate fuck a shovel. Anyway.

>>33258912
It depends on what you are after, there's no point in me recommending a gardening book if you can't garden. What sort of info do you need and maybe we can tailor suggestions your needs.
>>
File: 1467029833351.jpg (699KB, 1058x4642px) Image search: [Google]
1467029833351.jpg
699KB, 1058x4642px
>>33248673
>>
>>33258252
>Riots
Low energy black bloc trying the most half-assed color revolution ever, and people do see it, the media is no longer a collection of a couple corperations.
>assassinated
Far easier to simply buy out Congress and try to undermine him, CIA isn't what it used to be after having nothing to do for a couple decades and taking on diversity hires.
>>
Just bought 2 weeks worth of MREs. Only reason I bought them is because they are fucking disgusting and I know I won't touch them unless it's an emergency.
>>
File: 1488233097833.jpg (72KB, 557x593px) Image search: [Google]
1488233097833.jpg
72KB, 557x593px
>>33260175
>>
>>33260193
Where did you get them from? How much?
>>
>>33260245
Amazon. 170 for 24 pack in two boxes..
Should get by eating one pack a day.

Taste like bleach imo, I'll have canned goods too, but I keep dipping into the supplies because cambell's soup is too tasty.
>>
File: 1467029938457.png (3MB, 1173x4609px) Image search: [Google]
1467029938457.png
3MB, 1173x4609px
>>
>>33260294
Do you get any choice in the flavours?
>>
File: 01_mre_omelet_lg[1].jpg (682KB, 713x950px) Image search: [Google]
01_mre_omelet_lg[1].jpg
682KB, 713x950px
>>33260322
A box or B box if you buy them in packs of 12.
Or you could just buy them by type one by one.

You can also COULD buy the heater packets and put together your own.
>>
>>33260342
Gotta link?
>>
>>33260369
amazon.com faggot
>>
>>33248919
True shit. My old neighbor got white work van stolen, with all his equipment in it
>>
>>33252383
It's the automotive version of a raging erection.
>>
>>33252383
1971 Oldsmobile Starstreak Motorhome
>>
File: 1479872875384.jpg (695KB, 1600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1479872875384.jpg
695KB, 1600x2000px
>>33260411
I'd be living in the van : a

b: you can have camera systems to see if there's someone outside and takeoff if you need to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYBeEauK2s
>>
File: Crowley Demon.jpg (13KB, 196x257px) Image search: [Google]
Crowley Demon.jpg
13KB, 196x257px
>>33249053
>the-mysterious-death-of-iraq-veteran-and-gray-state-film-director-david-crowley
>director-david-crowley
>crowley
How long with those demon bastards plague the Crowley family?
>>
>>33248917
you could try canning your food
>>
Prepping = living a week longer than everyone else while cold, exhausted and hungry. You're a bunch of dumb hicks with delusions of grandeur.
>>
File: 1484539384964.jpg (114KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484539384964.jpg
114KB, 1200x900px
>>33260958
t. hillary voting city dweller who's never been winter camping
>>
>>33261002
Arguing with them it's pointless, the only hope we have is that they at least die off quickly.
>>
>>33261067
>the only hope we have is that they at least die off quickly
which they, in case of a real emergency, obviously will.
>>
>>33260958
One or two weeks can make a pretty big difference. Us gov recommends three day supply. I'm not prepping for the end of the world myself. Hope you enjoy fighting for bottled water and batteries when there's a storm faggot.
>>
>>33261091
True, word on the street is the California is running out of soya milk chai tea, so that may come sooner than we think.
>>
>>33248635
I hate pictures of highways that are totally filled with the other side totally empty. Just drive on the other side, nobody wants to come that direction
>>
>>33261379
I mean your right though I think this picture is actually from some massive ching chong traffic jam
>>
>>33248793
They are cool but are also vaporware and expensive. You can have a full size RV or truck and trailer combo for less than a used one of those vans.
>>
>>33248813
>mentions Express
>posts pic of Econoline

One of the 4x4 converted Expresses (Q Vans I think they're called) would be perfect. I fully plan on building one as a BOV one day.
>>
>>33259620
Nice work anon.
We need to mimic the anons who do the Trump generals, Maybe I'll spend some time on that this weekend.
>>
>>33261483
Add this shit to it.

https://mega.nz/#F!rcVFlaIC!zhrCWGYn84ghOCNZyRkNcQ
>>
>>33251766
>If you want a gun with easy replacement parts, get an AR-15.

Anyone who claims to be serious about survival preparation in America and doesn't have an AR is an idiot. They are the most common rifle in America and rounds/mags/parts are everywhere, even in cucked states. You don't need an entire arsenal but you need to be able to protect yourself and having an AR is the best way to do it, followed closely by a 9mm pistol, either a Glock or a Beretta.
>>
>>33251985
this actually isn't an awful choice for prepping
>>
>>33260245
>>33260294
>>33260322
>>33260342
>>33260369
NEVER BUY MREs SECOND HAND EVER
Always buy MREs from the manufacturer, they are only edible after 4 or 5 years if you buy fresh production and store them properly. Eating 5 year old MREs that have been sitting in a hot conex box or tractor trailer will fuck up your liver and kidneys. DO NOT DO THIS.
>>
>>33257997
Now who's writing "last stand" tantrums? Clearly, you'll never realize some of us do all that normie shit and still have the dosh to prep. Fail more you butt hurt little bitch. You're making me smile.
>>
File: dafuq.jpg (45KB, 356x348px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.jpg
45KB, 356x348px
>>33248813
>raised but will still hit the rocks between the wheels
>>
File: acid_picdump_149.jpg (34KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
acid_picdump_149.jpg
34KB, 700x467px
** Attention everyone who says preppers are wasting time and money**
When done right prepping is just living almost off grid under everyone's noses. It's a low cost way to live a good life and in reality it's the way the vast majority humans lived up until about a hundred years ago. People who rail against preppers are basically saying self sufficiency is stupid. How fucking retarded is that anon?

>>33260958
>Prepping = living a week longer than everyone else while cold, exhausted and hungry
Lets see, 18 months of home canned meals, tasty and nutritious that is just our weekly meal plan so constantly rotated. Almost all of which we grow ourselves and two large deep freezers that run off of four solar panels fine even in the dog days off summer, packed with hundreds of pounds of meat we mostly hunted and butchered ourselves. Add all the MREs and commercial dehydrated foods we have and extend it another 18 months.

Hundreds of gallons of treated and properly stored water and the means to purify 50+ gallons a day if we work at it. Well hydrated with excellent hygiene and clean clothes and bedding is the only way to roll during the collapse.

Over the counter pain meds and animal antibiotics as well as toiletries and feminine products galore.

The ability to stay very dark that whole time. Not going to be dead in a week and sure as shit will be comfy while the wolrd burns and hundreds of millions starve..
>>
>>33261888
Attention: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma you may to be entitled to financial compensation. Mesothelioma is a rare cancer linked to asbestos exposure. Exposure to asbestos in they Navy, shipyards, mills, heating, construction or the automotive industries may put you at risk. Please don't wait, call 1-800-99 LAW USA today for a free legal consultation and financial information packet. Mesothelioma patients call now! 1-800-99 LAW USA
>>
File: 131355401429.jpg (58KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
131355401429.jpg
58KB, 604x453px
>>33261067
>the only hope we have is that they at least die off quickly.
>>33261067
>which they, in case of a real emergency
The average swinging dick has no clue how fast people wil start eating people is the power goes out for a month. There is no FEMA plan for a national level doisaster. If it goes coast to coast or maybe 30% of our population with out food and fuel it's over. The federal emergency service providers will keep themselves safe and fed and anyone who thinks that is tinfoil is full fucking potato.
>>
>>33248990

>Ti
>A tank!
>A panzer tank!
>>
>>33261529
Will do.
Do you remember the site that has like 10,000 imagegraphics?
>>
>>33262076
I bet my next two paychecks that you eating hotpockets 3 out of 4 meals and have at least 7 full piss bottles withing arms reach you fat greasy fuck.
>>
File: 1488_e56e.jpg (58KB, 375x445px) Image search: [Google]
1488_e56e.jpg
58KB, 375x445px
OK, the rest of this thread and the next one will be used for organizing info for a /k/ prepper wiki. If you have ideas about what to add or any specific direction let us know.

We will try and cover weapons maintenance, possibly home brew powder for reloading and maybe someone with experience with tactical instruction can share some ideas on how to train on the cheap. Like home made targets that last more than a week.

I think a map reading / navigation tutorial would be great but I can't help much so maybe if some operator is lurking thay can take that..

Sharing knowledge about sheltering in place as well as how to create safe shelter in other environments while staying grey or even dark is important.

There are dozens of topics but lets start slow. If it goes well I'll start a website so the wiki is ours and ours alone. If you plan on being very active with this please use a secure trip so when it comes time to grant access to the website for editing and whatever I will have a pool to choose from. This seems fair I think.

People with knowledge about growing food, canning food and gardening for beginners would be welcome. Since spring is around the corner it would be a fantastic time to get start getting your hands dirty and it really is easy to get a healthy garden going very cheap is you have anything like decent soil.

>>33260175
>>33260311
Should both of these be included in the /k/ prepper wiki? I think the second has better detail but what do I know.
>>
>>33262204
Under rated post
>>
File: 782295.jpg (1015KB, 3136x4608px) Image search: [Google]
782295.jpg
1015KB, 3136x4608px
>>33260175
>>
>>33250172
>during a fallout like situation run into the woods to live with bambi. They will die.

oh shit my sides hahahaha yea thats probably going to be 90% of them. but hey, that just means us who are actually prepared will find lots of expensive goodies along the trails.
>>
Thread is dead but this is my take on what my plan of action is in an SHTF:

- Stay at your home if it is a lower middle class home. Group security is what is required until the authorities (Police who were the police before the SHTF happened, if its some DPRK police gain control, then that is a whole 'nother post) regain control

- Fill containers with water in case the water grid goes offline

- write Social Security # on chest and limbs, with blood type on chest.

- Turn off lights to prevent electrical fires, turn off gas, tape plastic bags behind windows incase of shattering

- Call neighbours beforehand, ensure that you both have plans incase of events

- Wait for 72 hours while maintaining security of house and concealed monitoring of outside areas.

- If it has been more than 72 hours and there is obviously no danger outside, begin to have physical contact with your neighbors. Begin to transfer supplies to the house with better defense and eventually move to that house (House A)

- Once you have met with whichever neighbor you have a better relationship with, contact the other neighbor. Move supplies to House A. Start barricading doors and setting up specific rooms for future sick/injured. Assign roles for each individual who is proficient in certain skills (Medical training, Weapons training, Food prep and storage, Strong or Weak).

- Continue adding trusted neighbors to your group, and spread into two houses (House A and House B). These houses should be close together, and start constructing a tunnel between these two walls. Once done, remove the walls and start managing the effective positioning of resources. Again, add skilled individuals to the tasks. Increase training of the unskilled so they can assist the skilled.

- Move onto the streets, setting up road blocks that can be maintained and defended. Ensure that the group is constantly ready to receive help from any task forces as long as they are part of the former government.

1/?
>>
>>33256978
why would you put spices on rice?

just store it and store spices and shit in other bottles.

put a little salt in the bottles tho, that should help keep them dry.
>>
>>33262490
I think honestly we would be better off making a thread and working through topics individually, the problem with these threads is they tend to kinda custerfucks, if we pick one topic then gather as much as we can then move onto the next it may be easier to sift through the BS
>>
File: WP_20170131_20_15_48_Pro (2).jpg (2MB, 2560x2694px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170131_20_15_48_Pro (2).jpg
2MB, 2560x2694px
>>33248738
I like your style
>>
>>33262745
So just how recon are you? Interested in putting something together for city anons about getting from here to there successfully?
>>33262816
I agree but trying to focus on just one topic would be as hard as focusing on many. I picked a few, if there is one you want added or more focused on tell me why.
Which topics do you want to be involved in?
>>
>>33248725
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4294028/Is-ultimate-mobile-home-apocalypse.html

>Its huge 400 litre, 530-horsepower diesel engine

Wut
>>
>>33262745
This is an excellent post if the actions you suggested were accomplished before shtf. Once everything goes to shit it is way to late to start grouping up. Just my opinion after living among my neighbors for a few decades. People really suck most of the time
>>
>>33262889
OK how about we just start with a simple one, putting together a BoB. I'd say that's a good base level, it can be used by a lot of people no matter their situation and it isn't to off the wall.
>>
You know something I've always wondered while watching zombie movies or other post apocalypse stuff is leaving notes.

Like,if there was a place where you wanted to hide yourself or your valuables,why don't people put up signs saying something like "Joe we searched this place and found nothing. Will meet you back at the meetup spot" or something along those lines. Surely scavengers will just keep moving since they'll think the place has been picked dry.

Why don't people do this? It's something I would think to do.
>>
>>33262962
Because people may not be looking for shit they may be looking for shelter in which case they will bowl straight in anyway. As well as the fact that some people won't care what you write or won't see it and still bowl in anyway
>>
>>33260958
Why are you even in this thread?

Wait...

I just took the bait, didn't I? Fuck. I swore I wasn't going to do that any more.
>>
>>33262944
Thats the thing. You would need to be 100% confident that Shit will hit the fan to justify doing this.

I also am way to trusting about people not being greedy assholes in SHTF.
>>
>>33262957
Sorry but no. As important as a BoB is if you need that shit that isn't what we want to accomplish. I will add BoB discussion to th efrst one but not an entire thread about them.

Our best case scenario is we get people with real life experience discuss this so for a BoB most ground pounders or anons who camp for weeks at a time can talk about what they found invaluable. Like having someone with farm animals talking about keep chickens or rabbits and such.

>>33263125
So you won't take a half an hour or an hour and put together info for your fellow anions? Not even for LARPing shitz and giggles?
>I also am way to trusting about people not being greedy assholes in SHTF
If there is one fact you can trust above all others it is exactly how starving people...friend or stranger .. will act when they see you are well fed.
>>
>>33263462
The thing about that is everyone needs to be LARPing faggots, or you're going to be seen as the weird guy that you gotta watch out for in SHTF.
>>
>>33263484
Ok friend, I see you're not interested in creating an actual /k/ related wiki for dealing with shit. It's cool.
But for the record, if shit ever really happens I won't be seen at all for months. Maybe longer. Me and mine will be safe and sound while everyone else figures out new and interesting ways to starve and get killed. That's is what real prepping is about and what a few of us want to accomplish. Learn how to provide very quietly when all the stores go empty and stay empty. Doesn't matter if it's for two weeks or two years. Acting like we are all stupid is shoving your head as deep in the sand as you can make it. When you do it right it's just a way to live with out fear the local minimart running out of slushies and smokes.

Pretending that nothing bad ever happens anywhere while right now millions of people are starving to death in places like Venezuela is even dumber than prepping you have to admit. They have taken and eaten the majority of animals from their zoo, too bad they weren't prepared for the catastrophic failure of their special never been dun before socialism. No one ever gets ass raped by a earthquake or tornado. The east coast has never had ice storms that knock out power for months at a time in places or snow storms that completely shut down our largest cities for a week or more.
You made a great post, to bad you're a cunt. then again most of you special snowflake mos cunts are cunts thinking you are better than everyone else. We did nothing but laugh at you faggots. Would have love to see you kicking doors for a few months straight instead of quick mobile with all that tasty air support, you would have had high loss rates tough guy..
>>
>>33249333

>Massive wheels
>Final drive ratio cut in half

RIP the drivetrain in that thing
>>
>>33263462
>>33263649
Lol guy wants to make a prep wiki, someone makes a suggestion, shoots it down. Then spergs out on someone that actually provided useful information

GG buddy
>>
>>33264092
Like we haven't had a million BoB threads in the last year alone and reconricky acted like a cunt.
But thanks for the troll bump.
>>
>>33263649
wat

I AM a LARPing faggot. All I was saying was that the majority of other people think the guy who prepares is a weirdo, until the 48th hour passes and everyone is out of their granola bars and freaking out thinking about Katrina V2: Electric Boogaloo.
>>
>>33264229
OK do you want me to tell you something, and you may not want to hear this. But you are a cunt.

The reason there are hundreds of BoB threads is because clearly people don't know how to put together a BoB so maybe starting with something simple like that may be a good way to ease into things, show people what to look for how to build it and do's and do nots.

Now onto you, your two posts here have shown me a couple of things about you. Firstly you are clearly a lunatic, if someone says no you go "cool no worries well if you ever get the chance I'll happily take any info you offer" you don't spergs out and go on a rant about Venezuela.
Secondly you are clearly the sort of person that won't survive because you one, lack social skills as shown before, and two the way you flip out makes you a liability and a risk to any group whether it be family or a group of survivors. You seem to have a god complex and I feel if you were in a group and someone wasn't doing it the very specific way you wanted to do it in your "infinite wisdom" then you'd do it yourself or attack him. Either way it's a very good way to get yourself exiled.

Now I know you are about to spergs out again and tell me how I'm wrong and probably going to die in minutes but that's cool, because I'm content in my abilities and my plan and my gear.

Maybe you should just take a little look at yourself.
>>
File: refugees-hurricane-katrina[1].jpg (360KB, 1200x1791px) Image search: [Google]
refugees-hurricane-katrina[1].jpg
360KB, 1200x1791px
I think one thing people skip on is intel.

Here's pretty easy. You want to make a list of the most likely 3 scenarios to prep for say if you live in Flordia a Hurricane is VERY likely. If you live in California, might want to think about Tsunami's and Earthquakes instead.

Take those scenerios and try to map how they might play out. If there is a flood, are you in the high ground? If not, you might want to plan a bug out. What is the fire/police response time in your area?

I'll do my three. Earthquakes, Floods, Refugees.

Earthquakes and floods both could do well to have a 4x4 and a gas mask. Water supply might go. I'm high ground so there's that. I could expect at least two weeks without water, food, fuel for either one. Gas lines might be a big deal in an eq. if a lot of gas lines are broken, I may want to bug out.

Here's a thought, I live way outside of LA, but if there is a major disaster, the ditizens of LA are going to start coming my way as refugees. That could be a problem.

Start watching trends in your area. I have google alert set to send me mail anytime there is a crime in my area. You start to get an idea of where the crime and drugs are. Doesn't hurt to talk to people too, I know that's not 4chan's expertise.
>>
>>33264519
Another thing I'll add to this anon is maps. Maps are your friend, having aerial photos of your area, topo maps, road maps will all help. If you can get geographical maps showing fault lines if you live near any, these are all public access and can help determine which areas may be worse off.
>>
File: 1297546961999.jpg (57KB, 687x430px) Image search: [Google]
1297546961999.jpg
57KB, 687x430px
>>33264284
Just stop my dude. You don't want to put together a map reading navigation tutorial, fine. Thanks for going out of your way to make sure we know you are a recon ranger then tell us to fuck off when we ask for knowledge.
YOU SELFISH BASTARD!
>>33264381
Look friendo, I includued BoBs at his request, read my post
>>33263462
>I will add BoB discussion to the first one but not an entire thread about them.
Lighten up killer. How much time do you spend hiking by the way?
>>33264568
So we can count on you to put together some stuff on maps since recon ranger ricky told us to eat shit?
>>33264519
Excellent post, shit happens and that is a fact so people who say prepping is stupid should GTFO.

That pic should make everyone want to stovk up.
>>
>>33265454
Sure I'll help you out some shit together, if you give me a list of a few things I'll tell you what I can do and what I won't be able to. It probably won't be until tomorrow on which case I'll make a new thread if this is down.
>>
>>33265491
And yes I'll include land navigation.
>>
Only way you'll survive is in a community of individuals who'll each pull their weight and show their worth through practice on the field.
People need sanitary aid, food, water, shelter from the elements and also trust and hope in both their leaders, and themselves, so that they might keep on moving and survive the unrest.
Guns and caches of foodstuffs will not save you in the long run, when people begin to practice crude metallurgy and agriculture, they'll be able to feed themselves, tend to the sick, forge arms and wage war without worrying about munitions stocks in their inventories.
>>
>>33265719
Depends on the nation. 3rd world counties will barely notice and the most urbanized nations will suffer the hardest.
A nation like the USA is fucked beyond repair if they have a coast to coast disaster of any kind. There is no way to feed and control 300 million people, just not going to happen if the fabric tears enough.
I'm reminded of that scene in that TV show Jericho where the human refugee exodus left a path of trampled earth a mile and a half wide. The starving masses will keep groups from being successful for a good while.
>>
>>33265797
One important thing the CIA controlled 'right wing' propagandist outlets like Alex Jones refuse to tell the American public is that there will be no clean water, no clean air, and that disease will run rampant across the globe as billions of rotting human carcasses decompose in the metropolitan areas and the suburbs.
During certain periods of time during the unrest, it can be guaranteed that many areas will require the person to wear full NBC gear as to avoid contracting anything, this means that stocking up on gas-masks and filters now while they're cheap is probably a good idea in the long run, as if you're stuck without it you leave your life at the hands of your creator.
>>
Ive got some questions about ood storage

So in the previous thread someone mentioned that if you seal rice and beans in mason jars on a low huminity day and put an oxygen absober in their itll lay for decades.

How well would this work with pasta, oats, whole wheat grains, lentils and the such? Could i use the same method to preserve them for 20 years?
>>
>>33248749
>defenestration prior to head squishing
nice.
>>
>>33249333
vanagon by tonka?
>>
>>33253016
>Planning for aliums
they go where the welfare is. mini soda became a welfare state so all the niggers flooded in.

you need to go to a red state like wyoming where more poeple drive through it than live in the state. i dont think i saw a single porch monkey the entire time i was there.
>>
>>33255354
i was born in '68 and im one of the last generations to get a smallpox vaccination

release it today and i'll be a bitch.

look what the antivaxxer faggots did with mumps and measles. they were all but eradicated now they're back.
>>
>>33265861
>One important thing the CIA controlled 'right wing' propagandist outlets like Alex Jones
/x/ is that way--------->
Made a good point about how bad things could get. Bug in for 6 months minimum.
>>33266164
You can google "pressure canning" and "dehydrating foods" fora start. The rice guy better heat that rice and those spices up to around 240 degrees for a couple hours before sealing them in his empty beer bottles. I can't imagine how I would feel if I went for my grub and it was all spoiled. Low humidity is not no humidity.
There are lots of possibilities.
>>33266222
Must suck to be born into such a poor family.I got mine in 78 and a booster in 2002 after all those anthrax scares. Dad had the whole family get boosters for everything, not sure how he scored the small pox vaccine since at that point it was for big wigs in the fed gov.

And just to clear things up, the vaccines we got are not the same as the toxic waste kids get today. The fucking mercury levels are sky high and all those adjuncts fuck people up. That's why a vaccination is the ONLY medical procedure you can't sue anyone over. Think about that boyo.

Now the real question is are you same fagging or did we get to off their meds /x/ posters this close together.
>>
>>33249111
Is this satire?

>muh guns
>muh fema
>muh rfid chips
>muh scanning
>muh un

>terribad cgi
>fatass rebel operator doing the band of brothers thing with his wounded comrade
>cold blooded public executions with a pistol like it's 20th century Europe
>cameras in every room
>and then it's capped of with some screwball with glowing eyes and backwards flowing water/illuminati imagery?
>>
>>33266404
>Pointing a CIA conspiracy theorist to /x/
>Saying Medical Vaccinations are toxic waste
>>
why can't we all get along?
>>
>>33266472
Yea, so funny it got him and his family murdered.
>>33266481
I said the vaccinations given out today are toxic waste compared to the clean medicines I received many years ago,.

How about commenting on my statement that outside of military personal the single medical procedure American citizens have been stripped of their rights to recourse over are vaccinations. Think about that. There is only one thing NO ONE can sure over and that's a vaccination and possible complications. Explain that to me with out further derailing everything, cancer.

How the fuck can bringing a lawsuit against a pharmaceutical company be legal for every single pill, injection or treatment they can come with other than those called "vaccinations"? I understand the greater good and my kids are vaccinated but stop fucking pretending it's all good. We have accepted XX% of those injected will develop autism and ass burgers and shit.

We just want the gov to stop pissing on our feet and telling is it;s raining.
>>
>>33266472
>>33266481
Got tired of trolling with CME and EMP bullshit did ya?
>>33266941
At some point you become a troll is you refuse to ignore them.

Been a good thread, if anyone starts another overnight would you please link this one for archive reasons.

>>33263484
>>33264381
>>33264284
>>33264519
>>33265501
For those who want to be involved in creating the wiki I came up with a few ideas talking with my nephews today. They post here a lot, thank fucking god they don't hang on /a/ and /mlp/ .

tomorrow fags
>>
>>33267018
Post some of what you need I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>33267192
They're making a /k/ prepper wiki page somewhere. Put together a bunch of stuff you personally are familiar with. We want to avoid articles about a rifle written by noguns. The info might be accurate as hell but it would lack the flavor that comes with personal hands on experience. More in thread tomorrow. tripfag has his family over or something.
>>
>>33250509
never mind all the tornadoes in the midwest and great plains. shit, a town not 200 miles from me got #rekt a few years ago, and there have been sightings of weak bitch tornadoes within 20 miles of town.

https://youtu.be/M9jZmPlHwBQ?t=66
>>
So are we killing anyone with a /k/ patch on sight when SHTF or waiting till we know where they hide their goodies?
>>
>>33268012
Does he want it as images or as posts?
>>
>>33269535
Haha show what you know! I wear my /k/ patch on the inside!
>>
>>33264519
Your pic

>The Golden Horde
>>
>>33268012
Well I have a ton of pictures and info from my own stuff I've got a lot of images I'll post a list of what's in it in a bit. But it's Ollie's magical mystery book if you were there for the thread the other day.
>>
Ok I may make a new thread to post this but in Ollie's magical mystery book I have pictures about:

>Camo and concealment
>Crossing obstacles
>Formations
>Types of contact
>Reacting to contact
Including moving under fire
>OIBUA
>Orders
Including, fire control, sentry, defence, deliberate attack, patrol, and withdrawal
>Section battle drills
>Radio discipline
>Reports
Including, patrol, contact, situation, SALUTE
>Ambushes
>NATO sequence of orders
This outlines how to prep men before a mission
>Using range cards
>Types of patrols
>My personal BoB kit

I'm still working on typing up land nav.

If people are interested I'll start a new thread and start posting.
>>
>>33270945
post ur bob kit first
>>
File: IMG_20170306_103716_534.jpg (157KB, 664x930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170306_103716_534.jpg
157KB, 664x930px
>>33271023
This kit has probably been seen many times In these threads but I'm still tweaking it
>>
File: IMG_20170306_103751_966.jpg (119KB, 720x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170306_103751_966.jpg
119KB, 720x750px
>>33271047
Partly the tweaks are from me finding out new info and learning new things.
>>
File: IMG_20170306_153031_693.jpg (97KB, 664x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170306_153031_693.jpg
97KB, 664x478px
>>33271054
For example, one tweak I'm making that's not shown on this one is that I have removed the double mag pouch from my chest rig dropping me to 5+1 7.62 mags on my kit and adding a second IFAK to my belt rig.
>>
>>33271067
>>33271054
>>33271047

So, forgive me, but Is bugging out your plan? Where will you bug out too? What would force you to bug out?
>>
>>33271100
Bugging out is not my plan, my intention is to bug in. Should we be forced to "bug out" due to natural disasters (my location is prone to hurricanes) then we will pack up and head do family three hours drive North. Should SHTF (societal collapse etc) I plan on bugging in. Should I be faced with an opposing force or threat that I would not be able to handle I plan on bugging out to a location nearby, observing my home, formulating a plan and launch a counter offensive to retake my home.
>>
More unsolicited advice incoming.

I had a hard time getting a supply all at once. If you don't have a lot of disposable income (this is 4chan right) set small goals and meet them.

First thing I did was try to meet a 3 day survival mark. Every time I went to the store, I'll grab a few cans and an extra pack of water bottles.

Hit a 3 day mark, and then go for a week, two weeks, etc etc.
>>
>>33271141
To add to this anon,

Dollar stores.

You can easily and cheaply get a lot of canned goods and bottled water here. If you don't have much money but want an easy three day supply check here. It may not be grade A food but it'll keep you fed. Until you have the money to improve
>>
>>33271119
post a pic of your tactical gear boi
>>
>>33271265
I'm still currently waiting for my family to ship it over from the UK, a and I thought the USPS was slow.
>>
>>33271292
gunfighter is good

but the chest rig idk mang, id upgrade
>>
>>33271340
not becuase of quality too, WAS is really good, just because you can get better ergonomics with other rigs
>>
>>33271340
Whys that?
>>
>>33271352
I mean honestly it comes down to personal preference, I personally like the make of it, as well as the front zipper which makes it far easier and faster to put on. Plus I can run plates with it as well as add a back panel if I need to.
>>
New thread
Abandon thread
>>33271819
>>
>>33266941
>ass burgers

my fucking god this thread is fucking insane.
>>
>>33270244
ayylmao also checked
>>33270945
I'll start another wiki thread when the other two SHTF threads are 404. I don't want to flood the catalog so it might be a few days. In the mean time I'm going to start work on the website to host our /k/ prepper wiki, should be fun.
Lets get this organized.
>>33271119
I think by now most everyone realizes that bugging out is the last thing you want to do but it's part of prepping.
>>33271159
>Dollar stores.
Dollar stores are your good friend for cheap canned goods but stay away from gadgets and gear. It's all garbage,.
>>33271858
Idiot, why did you start this shitpile?

SOOO.... about BoBs. They are just one subject for the wiki and shouldn't dominate the threads. Maybe people who have decent BoBs can post picks of the contents and then teach the newbs how they pack the bag or something but BoB threads have their own cult following here and the wiki is going to be about just about everything.
>>
File: seaking.jpg (51KB, 600x466px) Image search: [Google]
seaking.jpg
51KB, 600x466px
>>33273064
damn trips are a PITA
>>
>>33273064
>>33271858

I'm not the OP of >>33271819, but maybe it's a good idea to have one thread only for intel.

Meanwhile we can bitch and patronize each other here, in destructive and not constructive ways, larp and bait.

t.Spanishfag, aka TacticPi.
>>
>>33273818
I'm the OP of the other thread you can call me ... Ollie, feel free to use that other thread I think I'm going to hold off posting any more stuff until I I've compiled it into a PDF then people will chill.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.