[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I live in California and want to get a gun but laws are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1031.jpg (66KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1031.jpg
66KB, 320x240px
Hey /k/
I live in California and want to get a gun but laws are strict as hell and need recommendations
>m1 garand maybe?
>>
>>33247569
>paying obligatory +100 dollars over MSRP fro CA guns.

bro...
>>
Buy whatever you want with one of those screw on grip wraps.
Then get a screwdriver.
>>
>>33247569
What ever you get dude, get ready to shell out a fuck ton of dough

>tfw trying to buy a nugget in CA for $299
>after background tests, fees for the background tests, sales tax and the tax for trying to buy a gun in CA, price went up to almost 380

I didn't do it and moved to Oregon where I bought a 1943 Nugget for $240 and a 1912 Winchester 1897 takedown shotgun.

Also the hookers don't charge as much as they do in CA either
>>
>>33247569
Have you gone to your local gun shop? Have you gone to your local range with someone who does have a gun?
>>
all the hoop jumping and bullshit aside, wee all those prices online? Now add on $100 at least to it.
If you walk into a store, expect to pay MSRP price.
>>
>>33247569
>I live in California and want to get a gun but laws are strict as hell and need recommendations
CA gun laws are annoying, but not as bad as people make them out to be. As long as you're not a criminal or a mental patient, you'll be fine. As for recommendations, I need a little more to go on. What do you want a gun *for*? Home defense? SHTF? Target practice? Hunting? Just want a new hobby?

Also, what part of the state are you in?
>>
>>33247736
>not buying from a private party
>not meeting at a parking lot with a hooters near a Marine base
>not having a beer and shooting the shit with new nugget bro and his wife
>not having the day turn into evening
>not having too many beers with new friends and having each other buy rounds, as you both realize you're in sister battalions and have seen the same shit
>not going to nugget bro's house while his wife drives because we're too fucked up
>not invited into their hot tube wearing only boxer briefs
>not having them grope each other in front of you
>not getting erected
>not being invited to have a threesome with nugget bro and his wife
>not fucking the shit out of nugget bro's wife all night long since nugget bro passed out after round 1
>not waking up and having another round sober with nugget bro and wife
>not having your car get towed
>not having new friends with benefits
>not fucking the shit out of nugget bros wife while he's deployed to Oki, skyping it all for him
>being this pleb

The $347 tow was worth every penny, however, I still haven't gone shooting with nugget bro, as our deployment schedules were different and he got out after he came home. Still have the nugget and it reminds why I now have HPV.
>>
File: CA-GLAWK.jpg (62KB, 961x660px) Image search: [Google]
CA-GLAWK.jpg
62KB, 961x660px
>>33247569
Get a California Featureless Glock Brand Glawk
>>
>>33248161
I'm not the OP but I am Californian (Los Angeles) I have the same question.
I want to get a rifle for when SHTF.
>>
>>33247569
Mini-14

M1A

AR-15 with grip wrap, fixed carbine stock and muzzle break.

Tacticool Bolt action Rifle
>>
>>33248203
>I'm not the OP but I am Californian (Los Angeles) I have the same question.
>I want to get a rifle for when SHTF.
There are some good options. Big 5 was just running a sale on the Mini 14 for $750 or so last week. You can find fixed-magazine SKSes in state on Armslist for $500 or so. And featureless ARs are still pretty common if you know where to look.
>>
>>33248253
Thanks for the info.
>>
Leave that spic majority leftist shithole and move to a freer state.
>>
>>33247678
You know they can't have screwdrivers...
>>
>>33248313
knives and things that can be used as knives are surprisingly allowed under california law. there's actually decent laws for knives, if only because no one has gone on a chinese blade rampage yet.
>>
The solution is to leave that dogahit state, but we already have enough leftishit califaggots trying to ruin my state so you should stay and kill yourself.
>>
>>33248161
This. I'm going through the process right now and it's easy as fuck. Waiting through 10 day period right now to get my new S&W
>>
>>33248203
>Los Angeles

The only that you're fucked on is getting a CCW. The communists in LA county don't issue them out for anyone in that county.
>>
>>33248342
>knives and things that can be used as knives are surprisingly allowed under california law. there's actually decent laws for knives, if only because no one has gone on a chinese blade rampage yet.
Yup. Basically, fixed-blade knives can't be concealed, but they can be open carried. Folding blades of any kind or size (except for full auto switchblades) can be carried concealed. That's about all there is to it.
>>
>>33248342
Elliot Rodger killed a couple with a knife. Iirc, he also got one with a car. We need to ban knife cars.
>>
It's gonna take a lot of paperwork, but this might just work for California gun laws.
>>
>>33248167
>buying a gun in a private sale
>in Californiayyyy lmao
enjoy prison
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.