[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to be a fun-owner soon. The only guns I've shot were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1474181181570.png (960KB, 1606x896px) Image search: [Google]
1474181181570.png
960KB, 1606x896px
Going to be a fun-owner soon. The only guns I've shot were .22LR semi-auto and revolver. Being a scrawny skeleton, I struggled to wrack the silde on anything more than that.

Is this something that I get used to or do I need to man up and start working on my grip-strength?
>>
get stronger.
>>
>>33245802
If you were trying out new guns, a lot of them have pretty stiff springs that will wear in a bit.

Also if you're gripping by using your index and thumb on the back of the slide, you might want to try an overhand approach.

Otherwise yeah, work on your arms a bit.
>>
>>33245830
>try an overhand approach.
this. top-rack all day, erry' day. even if the gun has a recessed slide.
>>
>>33245830
Is it arm-strength or grip strength? Or both?

I watch a lot of gun reviews and shooting videos and people seemingly rack slides like it's nothing and I know I'm not THAT weak.
>>
>>33245874
It is a bit of both. You need the grip strength to actually be able to keep holding it as you apply force, but you also need to be able to apply force.
>>
>>33245802
Grip the slide while pushing forward with the hand holding the rest of the gun

Also, racking the slide is considerably easier when you're actually shooting
>>
Get a Ruger Mark series with the ears on the slide

Or just stop being a sissy. I can't imagine not even having the strength to not work a slide
>>
File: p99-as.jpg (65KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
p99-as.jpg
65KB, 640x483px
>>33245894
>>33245914
>>33245928
Idk to be honest, I think it was mostly my nerves about trying to do everything perfectly in front of the instructor that were holding me back the most, but also, my hands are extremely sweaty. Profusely sweaty. I was able to rack slides a lot easier with gloves on.

But I guess a bit of gains wouldn't hurt either.
>>
>>33245960
Just practice racking the slide more

I'm a scrawny guy with maybe average strength, and I can do it

https://www.usacarry.com/racking-pistol-slide-technique-not-strength/
>>
>>33245960
Part of it too might just be that the guns are new and not properly lubed up/broken in. I just bought my first gun the other day and I could barely rack my slide or my friends sigs slide when he first got it. After a good cleaning and lubing up the right parts I can rack my slide with my index and middle finger fairly easily, so a spooky skellington like you shouldn't have too much problem once its all ready to go.
>>
File: Trump Wew Lad.jpg (484KB, 973x742px) Image search: [Google]
Trump Wew Lad.jpg
484KB, 973x742px
>>33245802

>man up and start working on my grip-strength

A few weeks browsing e621.net will help you, friend.
>>
>>33245802
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSiOq_uvCmg
>>
get a double-barrel 10-gauge shotgun. With 3 1/2 inch shells.
>>
>>33245802
SS+GOMAD faggot
>>
File: 17567567654.jpg (56KB, 640x695px) Image search: [Google]
17567567654.jpg
56KB, 640x695px
>>33246259
>search e621.net
goddamn it. Should have known that if I didn't recognize it, it's probably furry.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.