[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides their 2008ish problems with the Obummer panic, is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4385.jpg (100KB, 730x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4385.jpg
100KB, 730x546px
Besides their 2008ish problems with the Obummer panic, is there any reason not to get a wasr besides mag dimples?
I really cant forsee spending $1000+ on a ak pattern especially with Arsenals QC taking a shit lately
>>
>>33244833
WASR is fine. Just look it over before you put down cash, like you would with anything else.
>>
>>33244833
Arsenals QC is still pretty good
>>
>>33244866
and considering a wasr is $700, id just pay more for an arsenal or a little more for a vepr. wasr are fine rifles but they arent the value they used to be.
>>
>>33244833
After putting a couple hundred rounds in mine, cleaning it, and having it sit there for about a month; the rivet holding the hammer in place came out.

I have since popped it back into place but have lost trust in the thing and switched to the AR platform.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it an easy fix? My googling yielded no answers.
>>
>>33244962
Your retarded, the trigger pin walked out
>>
>>33244962
>rivet holding the hammer
the rivet or pin? if its the latter, its an easy fix
>fuck this captcha bs
>>
>>33244892
>$1000 ak
>Remshit QC and rust out of the box
>paint bubbles after a few mags through it
>>
>>33244989
No dipshit. It was the center support rivet.
>readingishard.jpg
>>
>>33245009
if you have such a dislike for arsenal, get a vepr.
>>
>>33245021
>the rivet holding the hammer in place came out.

Your a special kind of stupid arent you son, theres only one pin that the hammer uses
>>
>>33245303
>thing holding hammer
>"OH YOU MEAN THING HOLDING TRIGGER"
>>
>>33244962
Is the part giving you trouble in this pic?
>>
>>33245470
Was about to post same picture actually.

The hammer pin. It popped out and walks itself out after working the charging handle a few times. When It does the hammer gets jammed at an angle due to the spring tension.
>>
>>33245303
>Your a special kind of stupid arent you son
>>
>>33245533
Ok. Not an uncommon problem. I suggest a retainer plate. For further reading, see below.
http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29836
http://wasr-10.com/KrebsRetainerPlate
>>
I bought mine at the height of Sandy Vag panic for $600 facetoface with 4 mags. I have never had any issues with it, not a single jam, fail, or stovepipe through at least a few thousand rounds (wish I could shoot more but only range nearby is no steel core or bimetal). It can heat up after a few mags but nothing hotter than the top of my Mosin. A little finicky with some mags over others when reloading.

Replaced the spring with one from Wolff and stained and finished wood parts.

Check the overall profile of the gun and watch for slight angle from butt to note that I've heard can plague some older ones.
>>
File: 20170308_164419.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170308_164419.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>33244833
Is it just me or are wasr stocks smaller in person? All my pics my stock looks normal but in person it looks sorta skinny, am I just retarded?
>>
>>33244833
Id probably get an NPAP or PSAK first but thats just me.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170308-225457.png (986KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170308-225457.png
986KB, 1280x720px
>>33245581
I have this in there currently
https://www.amazon.com/AK-Retaining-Plate/dp/B01B40JWEO

Also note that I had never had an issue with this pin until after I installed the above retaining plate. Did I install it incorrectly? Pic related.
>>
>>33245980
they are thin
>>
>>33244833
they're not worth it anymore. save up $100 and get something high end
also pretty sure the arsenal finish thing was limited to one batch? it's weird how rumors spread on this retarded board.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.