[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hear smash and grab gun >live in tiny apartment, so there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 125445667.png (901KB, 1927x1080px) Image search: [Google]
125445667.png
901KB, 1927x1080px
>Hear smash and grab gun
>live in tiny apartment, so there is only one point of entry
>aim at door
>Opens slowly
>See face, aim lower and put finger on trigger
>try to pull but it's too heavy
>squeezing trigger as hard as I can
>gripping gun too hard and it's shaking
>door is fully open, see man raise something and aim
>flash and I wake up sweating
>>
>>33240878
>a day in the life of a NYPD officer
>>
It means you're insecure and you don't feel in control of your life.
>>
>>33240878
Are you me? Every time I try to shoot someone in a dream this happens to me. The trigger is impossibly hard to pull and I end up trying to pull it with all my might only to suddenly wake up.
>>
So apparently this is a thing. I shoot and kill people in dreams all the time, effortlessly, like an action movie.

Am I a psychopath?
>>
File: feel feels.jpg (16KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
feel feels.jpg
16KB, 500x461px
>>33240878
You are not alone, anon
>>
>>33241796
I do this too.

I routinely have dreams about robbing banks and shooting it out with the police.
>>
>>33241796
Same here but it's always someone that's trying to do harm to me or loved ones always fuck em up though
>>
>>33241851
Not me, in fact the other night I dreamed I robbed a dispensary with an AK and I shot a bunch of people who got in the way. I don't even smoke weed IRL
>>
>be eating dinner at mexican restaurant with friends
>table is next to a payphone
>black guy using pay phone
>going through my friends bag that is under the pay phone
>ask him what he just took and to put it back
>he draws a jennings on me
>"thats cute" and pull out my pocket knife
>cop buddy across the table draws from appendix holster faster than i thought was possible
>he shoots dude
>dude runs off
>pic up the blunt wrap he dropped
>smoke weed
>wake up
>"what"
>>
>>33240878
I've had that dream. Then there was one where the bullets were swerving away from the target right before hitting it. Then there were dreams where the target was getting lit the fuck up but just casually standing there and talking shit. Not any more though. You just need to practice more until you don't subconsciously doubt your skills.
>>
>>33241153
FPBP
Would make no audible noise but grin slightly and take a deeper breath than usual again
>>
File: mona liberty.jpg (288KB, 703x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mona liberty.jpg
288KB, 703x1024px
Anyone ever have the heavy trigger dream, but the trigger breaks at the perfect moment for a clean kill?
What a rush
>>
I have similar dreams where I'm in a fight and for some reasons my punches are slowing down to near nothing right before they hit. I'm a spooky skeleton but even I know I can hit faster and harder than in those dreams.
>>
>>33240878

I had a dream like that too. Kept getting light primer strikes.

>There is a kind of dream not associated with any real world event. I call it the Universal Warrior Nightmare. The most common version of the universal nightmare is to dream that you cannot get your gun to fire. The gun jams, the bullets dribble out the end of the barrel, or they bounce impotently off the bad guy's chest. The puppy, your midbrain, your unconscious mind, sends a message into your dreams that says, "Boss, I'm worried. I'm afraid it might not work." Well, who would not be worried? Many of your brother and sister warriors have such nightmares and there is nothing wrong if you are having them now or you get them in the future. But there is one thing you can do that has helped many warriors to make the
dreams go away: train. The puppy is worried, so to calm him you teach him a few new tricks or polish the old ones. Train hard so that he feels confident.

>Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, On Combat
>>
>>33241796
same here. i usually stop a bank or a neighbor from being robbed. it's not like an action movie, but it is effortless, they don't see me coming, and they get very dead and i feel great about it afterward.
>>
This phenomena happens because conscious control of musculature is usually disconnected during a dream, so any intensive motor skills actively being used will not correctly report back that they've fired and you'll get stuck.
Same reason many people can't drive correctly in dreams, the sensory neurons that should be reporting relative motion never fire because they're disconnected.
>>
>>33242369
Curious phenomenon: when I dream of driving I virtually always have that problem. When I dream of flying I never do.

Y tho
>>
>>33241796
No, you just don't have a strong sensory connection between the thought of firing a gun and the conscious motion that goes into it, so your dreaming brain doesn't get hung up on motor neurons in your finger that aren't firing.
You may also be experiencing a varied level of lucidity in your dreams, which would help explain the disconnect between your imagined actions and the physical means of enacting them.
>>
>>33242392
I assume you mean piloting? Probably because you have less ingrained sensory information that your brain would expect to recall; flying is often much less physical than steering a car.
>>
>>33240878
FUG man. I have dreams like this too, but I can fire the gun. Thing is, whoever is hit doesn't even react to being shot, while I'm made of tissue paper and drop with a grazing shot.
>>
>>33242412
Guess that makes sense. I've had the useless bullet sort of dream with flying, wrapped up in a repetitive engine failure and restart cycle. Physically everything seems to work out though
>>
>>33241796
It's hit and miss but mostly on the side of guns are really tiny, don't fire, heavy triggers, or just don't fucking hit anything.
>>
>>33242369
>be carnie
>driving tilt a whirl to next spot with supervisors semi truck
>bridge is out
>plenty of time to stop/turn around
>brakes dont work
>power steering is out
>about to drive off bridge doing 60
>wake up
>still a carnie irl
>supervisor tells me to take his truck and the tilt a whirl to next spot
>worried.png
>>
>be flying through the skies
>control flight like im in a wingsuit and enjoy life being free and able to fly
>realise im dreaming
>start falling
>desperately try flapping my arms to get flight back
>about to hit ground
>GF wakes me up and tells me to stop swinging my arms around like an asshole
>go back to sleep
>no more dreams
>>
File: 1487289543897.png (17KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487289543897.png
17KB, 500x800px
lol what a gay

In my dream I shoot depleted uranium out of my Shield at full auto and destroy half my house.
>>
File: nigga watt.png (535KB, 1920x1160px) Image search: [Google]
nigga watt.png
535KB, 1920x1160px
>>33240878
>>
I wish my dreams were like you guys. Mine always has like screaming horses being bisected by glass plates and the floor is comprised entirely of crying faces and shit.

I hate dreaming.
>>
File: 1486421314850.jpg (48KB, 570x450px) Image search: [Google]
1486421314850.jpg
48KB, 570x450px
>>33241796
Same but sometimes I have dreams where the gun won't fire and sometimes I'm John Rambo taking out enemy combatants with a combat knife.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.