[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do fictionalised representations of firearms make you feel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: hitman 2017-03-09 05-23-25-94.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2017-03-09 05-23-25-94.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
How do fictionalised representations of firearms make you feel? Personally I'm bewildered by them, why not just refer to the firearm explicitly?
>>
>>33240199
Licensing issues, dumbass.
>>
>>33240199
Something something licencing something something trademarks

I agree though, shits dumb.
>>
File: rly now.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rly now.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
Let's talk, anon.
>>
>>33240204
What's that even supposed to fucking mean? You think Walther will fucking sue a developer or film studio for using the name of the WA2000, not to mention its exact likeness? For what purpose? Did the homage negatively affect sales or the prestige of the company? This is retarded and you literally don't know why that's apparently the case, because it isn't. You're just regurgitating what you heard on the internet

>>33240231
I want to lick it.
>>
>>33240199
what's up with the basic weapons in this game, is it supposed to be fucken 3D printed bullpup shit or what
>>
Trademarks. You can do whatever you like visually, you can even call a gun by its generic name like H&K MP5 or R700, but the moment you call it an Heckler and Koch MP5 or Remington 700 or use brand symbols, you're in trouble. As for why they didn't call it something closer to its original name in your pic, artistic flare I guess or maybe just wanted to play it safe.
>>
>>33240238
Yes, basically. Also, if you're shown to not be defending the trademark, you have less of a case against someone who actually is misusing it.
>>
>>33240204
>>33240220
>>33240255

Total bullshit.

Show me one (1) piece of evidence that it's due to "trademarks" or "licensing".
>>
>>33240238
Regardless of your exceptional taste, are you seriously suggesting there's a secret reason contrary to what anon has already said? They're not just making up names for fun, after all.
>>
>>33240199

Nowadays it's because you have liberal anti-gunners making games.

How many of the people from Codename 47 were involved in this latest debacle of a game? Exactly.
>>
>>33240284
Thats the just reason they do it, but its literally never been in issue. Preemptive ass covering, same reason the Ferrari in PD2 is a "Falcogini".
>>
>>33240238
>You think Walther will fucking sue a developer or film studio for using the name of the WA2000

Yes. Considering that every studio that uses real names pays out the ass for licensing fees.

>not to mention its exact likeness

Similar to, but legally distinct.

>For what purpose? Did the homage negatively affect sales or the prestige of the company?

Oh my god, do you actually think people are going to pay to use a song in a movie?? why?? is the homage going to negatively affect album sales??

You are clearly very young and retarded and have no idea how the world works yet
>>
>>33240284
So this is just one of those pretending to be retarded threads, huh? It's more fun if you do some zany "clearing bucket" shit instead.
>>
>>33240284
You can Google it yourself and find out really quickly, you spoonfed monkey
>>
It's true. I distinctly recall CoD having to pay over a million dollaridoos in getting permission to use the firearms' actual names and what not. It's also the reason why MGSV didn't have any real guns, Kojima didn't want to deal with the expensive licensing costs
>>
>>33240199
It is due to mostly trademarks and the costs of the licence. In trademark law cases, there is a concept of "a trademark defended is a trademark secured." This means even in cases in where no harm is created by infringement, the trademark is still enforced. Otherwise a precedent is created where someone could create harm (like another manufacturer using the Walther logo on their gun).

As for how it makes me feel, eh I really don't care. It is nice when they get a licence but it can be amusing to see what they are named and how they are "different" when they don't get the licence.
>>
think of it as a funny tradition, like when they make parody names of products in anime.
>>
>>33240199
Slightly miffed. You'll usually find mods that use real names because modders don't give a fuck.

I do like frankenguns that are more of a homage to a real gun than real guns in video games.
>>
>>33240526
>Kojima didn't want to deal with the expensive licensing costs
I can't believe people are still saying this even though it's been well over a year since that disappointment wasn't released.
If licensing fees were truly the issue, they wouldn't have given Kaz and Ocelot JF Rey licensed sunglasses. The reason for the fictional guns was because of the weapon customization system. That system would only produce hideously ugly abominations if they used real guns instead of their fictional guns with conveniently compatible components.
>>
>>33240766
>over a year since that disappointment wasn't released.
*was released
>>
>>33240238
>You think Walther will fucking sue a developer or film studio for using the name of the WA2000

If you don't actively protect copyright you lose it, read a book.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.