[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friends wants to sell me his lightly used Yugoslavian surplus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0872.jpg (42KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0872.jpg
42KB, 500x212px
A friends wants to sell me his lightly used Yugoslavian surplus sks with a 30rd mag, stripper clips, and a rail for $300 burgerbucks. I know the damn thing fires too. Aparently he wants to by a AR Variant as carrying around a 1911 and an sks made him a walking contradiction or something. Anyways should i bite? Talk me out if it /k/
>>
>>33240072
Does he have the original mag? If not, no, you're better off getting an AK than a bubba'd SKS.
>>
>>33240072
For 300$ go for it.
>>
>>33240072
go for it, that's a good price.
>>
>>33240137
Yeah he does, he just took it off when he got the 30rd mag.
>>
>>33240072
300 bucks is good deal, you can get an original mag cheap
>>
>>33240072
Go for it OP, SKS is a fine raifu, don't mind the AK fags getting buttmad
>>
>>33240072
$300's a decent price.
The fact that it's got a rail and 30rd mag makes me nervous though. If it can be restored to original condition then go for it but for me it REALLY depends on condition of the gun and how that rail is attached.
ANY sort of modifications done to an SKS make it worth less, not more.
>>
>>33241054
op here told him deal thanks for the advice /k/
>>33241096
he has only had it for about 2 months, im confident he still has the original 10 round mag, and as for the rail i know he personally wouldn't drill his gun so if he has installed the rail im sure it can be easily removed. Thanks for the advice though, i look forward to adding the sks to my collection.
>>
>>33242735

Get it and restore it to original configuration. "Nyet, rifle is fine as is", and all that.
>>
File: SKS.png (3MB, 1599x724px) Image search: [Google]
SKS.png
3MB, 1599x724px
op here again, here is everything that he is selling it with. Looks like the rail is detachable and the metal piece that goes in its place is included.
>>
>>33243528
Check the bore, if the rifling is bright and defined then buy it!
>>
>>33243528

That rail is 100% detatchable. It's just a different receiver cover, with the original being in the top middle of your picture. You can replace it in all of a few seconds.

As long as the bore is clean, $300 for all of that is a good deal.
>>
>>33243614
>>33243636
Noted, well i guess that's it then, ill do a final inspection in person in the coming days. /k/ sure is a lot less autistic than /o/ when it comes to advice.
>>
>>33243854

/k/ can go full autism if you ask them which SKS is better (Yugo/Chinese/Russian for example). The fact remains though that all SKS's are good.
>>
>>33243932
But really though, is Russian good? I'm Canadian and can grab an SKS for $200. Was wondering if that was a decent price.
>>
>>33243946

Russian is great shit, not only for being the original, but also because it has a chrome lined barrel (unlike the Yugos), and it doesn't suffer from the production quality issues of super late Chinese SKS's.

That being said, an early/mid Chinese or a Yugo in great condition are still outstanding rifles.
>>
>>33243932
Except Albanian ones
>>
>>33244050

Albanians fall into the weirdo category, along with the Romanian SKS and the Karabiner S (East German SKS).
>>
File: WEAPON.jpg (127KB, 713x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WEAPON.jpg
127KB, 713x1024px
Since this seems like /sksg/now...
Should I buy a Chinese spike bayonet to put on my Tula? What exactly is the difference between the blade and spike design in terms of usefulness? Will it even fit in the bayonet groove?
>>
>>33244145

It won't fit unless you buy a whole new stock that accepts spike bayonets. As for effectiveness, the spike is supposedly better for stabbing living things with.
>>
>>33244050
delete this
>>
>>33240072
They were selling these with grenade sights at my Gander Mountain for 560 last week
>>
>>33243971

Russian SKS's do not all have chrome lined barrels. Neither of mine do.

It doesn't matter though, just clean thoroughly with Hoppes 9. Don't fuck around with any windex/hot water nonsense.
>>
buy it it's a good investment. Since all origanol stuff is there your all good. Don't like it sell it in a year for 600
>>
>>33247179
I've always heard that Russian ones had chrome barrels, but neither mine nor my buddies has it. They are both from 1951. Must be an age thing
>>
Hop on that shit
>>
>>33240137
Fuck it's disgraceful how little this board knows about guns. Op if it's under 400 and is called an SKS just buy it.
>>
Would you guys say $425 is a good price for a Chinese/Norinco SKS?

Is there any chance that Trump being president might open the door for Russian import SKS's once again?
>>
>>33247448
Depends on what you mean by "Chinese"
Norincos range from "great" to "dogshit"
Type-56s are excellent SKSs though.
>>
File: 4e9.jpg (32KB, 612x410px) Image search: [Google]
4e9.jpg
32KB, 612x410px
>>33240072
You did well, OP. Care for that raifu and she will care for you.
>>
>>33247179
>>33247268

A couple years (1950 and 1951?) don't have chrome barrels. All the chrome does is allow you to shoot corrosive ammo without worrying about your barrel being raped, and it adds a rather significant amount of durability to the barrel's life.

>>33247448

That's a bit much. I recently grabbed a milled military Type-56 for $300, but it was from a private estate purchase. That being said, >>33248689 is right. You need to make sure it has an arsenal mark (a triangle, typically) with the Chinese characters that say "Type 56 Carbine". If it's a for export only model, it's gonna be really shitty quality.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.