[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on double barrel shotguns are they as fun to use as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

redpill me on double barrel shotguns
are they as fun to use as they look? are they shitty guns?
>>
File: redneck-rampage-dos-front-cover.jpg (149KB, 800x936px) Image search: [Google]
redneck-rampage-dos-front-cover.jpg
149KB, 800x936px
They are my favorite weapon in 90's FPS.
>>
>>33239482
>are they as fun to use as they look?
Depends entirely on what you're trying to use them for.
>are they shitty guns?
"double barrel shotgun" is a genre, not a brand, make, or model. Some are shit, some are not, some are fucking works of art.

As a general rule, any O/U or SxS shotgun made in Eastern Europe or South America is crudely constructed from inferior materials and will have a short lifespan measured in hundreds of rounds, whereas O/U or SxS shotguns made in America or Western Europe are well-made with multi-generational lifespans measured in hundreds of thousands of rounds.
>>
>>33239482
>are they as fun to use as they look?
Depends if you get hammerless vs hammers.

> are they shitty guns?
They're range toys or fudd hunting. They're not practical other than being able to fire both barrels at once if you have a two trigger model. Semis will still be better.

I only bought one because I've got a raging hard-on for old wooden shotguns
>>
>>33239482
My grandfather hunted for decades with one until he got sent to the gulag in the 70s.

According to him, the quality varied quite a bit depending on brand.

Top teir shit like holland and holland is so good he said its almost a pity to beat it up innawoods.

He had some midrange brand from germany back in the day. Started with a k, keller? Dunno. At any rate, a well made double barrel shotgun can outlast you, and two rounds before reload is enough for most hunting purposes. Two rounds is also generally what you have for skeet competitions.

As a general rule, they tend to be pretty light and handy compared to semi or pump guns because there are fewer parts.

>>33239545
Any particular brands you're a fan of>?
>>
File: DSC00440 MR.jpg (2MB, 4480x3360px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00440 MR.jpg
2MB, 4480x3360px
>>33239482
Are they fun? Indeed. Especially when you load them with black powder loads. BP can be a pain to clean up but it is super easy in shotguns. Plus reloading brass is simple if you get the right hulls and primers.
>>
File: HPIM0692.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0692.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>33239732
All you need once you have the brass hulls
>>
File: Absolutely mad.jpg (72KB, 650x437px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely mad.jpg
72KB, 650x437px
>>33239678
Sorry about your grandfather. Also, that Mad Max a e s t h e t i c with sawnoffs. I don't have to deal with SBS - not being a burger - I have to get one ASAP
>>
>>33239501
>Interplay
Well I guess I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>33240645
You better. It's hilarious.
>>
>>33239482
i had a double barrel sidexside 16ga that I inherited/legacy'd from family.
it was fun to shoot, but something about transitioning from pump to double didn't connect for me so I couldn't hit shit. it somehow had worse recoil than my 12ga, but i'd blame a rock hard buttplate over anything

if you put your skeet time in, they're very rewarding guns for bird hunting and rabbits
>>
They're fucking great, but only if the barrels are 20" or less.
>>
>>33240682
Open both eyes, know which trigger fires which barrel and adjust accordingly. Any semi-decently made non-modern sxs will have the barrels fixed together to help correct their "parallel aim" slightly, so just git gud. Fgt
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.