[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are mom and pop gun stores have such bad customer service/are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Why are mom and pop gun stores have such bad customer service/are incompetent when it comes to shit like gunbroker?

The first time I bought off gunbroker they sent my gun to the wrong person and my FFL got that guy's gun instead.

The most recent fuckup is the ones sending me a gun told me they'd send a tracking number once they got my FFL, and it's been almost a week since they got it and marked it as such on GB but still no tracking. The current one also takes a business day or more to respond to emails and they're on the other side of the country so using the phone is a pain in the ass.

I wish I could just have this shit shipped to my fucking door.
>>
>>33234227
iktf

Local gun shop got a new batch of employees that know jack fucking shit. Their default responses to anything from customers more difficult than "can you please ring me up for these items?" is to email the owner who is literally over his head in emails.

They literally told me to do that for a gunbroker transfer when it says right on their website that such notifications have to be made in person at the store so an employee can manually send out the FFL info.
>>
>>33234227
Most small gun shops are either a kitchen table FFL or a Fudd shop. The kitchen table shops are usually a second business and as such are not a priority to the owner. Fudd shops tend to be owned by an older individual and as such they could be less than technologically adept.

Then there is as >>33234432 pointed out and it could just be they hired completely incompetent employees.
>>
bad luck OP. ive ordered atleast a dozen rifles from GB, zero issues.
it sucks but shit happens, and it happens to everyone
>>
>>33234227
speaking of this topic, how long should an FFL transfer take? My LGS says 24-48 hours but people online say it takes like 10 minutes
>>
>>33234818
Really depends on your state. If I do one in my home state (NJ) it can take up to 48 hours and recently has been taking hours to perform. If I cross the river and buy something in PA, it only takes 10 minutes (I think, it seems like lightning to me).
>>
>>33234818
It shouldn't take any longer than NICS and you filling out the 4473.
>>
>>33234818
In Texas it takes as long as filling out the 4473 if you have a LTC.
>>
>>33234227
my current LGS is cool with xfers, will even call around to match online costs.
$25 flat fee
I also toss them business during transaction-ammo, accessories, whatever.

>however...
used to have only one w/i 100 miles - and they knew it

>$35 or 10%
>bitch and moan
>shit tier consignment @ ridiculous markup
>like pulling teeth to fingerfuck, even though the shop was empty
>didn't know shit about pricing, so I got a very sweet Arisaka for $200 only 3 years ago
>>
>>33234818
>30-60 seconds filling out 4473
>30 second phone NICS phone call or same amount of time for an online check
>pay fee and done
>>
>>33234227
Don't give a shit about your question; titties.
>>
>>33234227
>Be me
>Have LGS
>its a mom and pop
>literally the nicest people I have ever meet
I prefer local gun shops over places like Bass Pro and Cabelas desu. I will admit tho, my LGS didnt know what Armslist was until I told him about it 4 weeks ago
>>
>>33235018
>>33234995
>>33234952
>>33234915
I meant more like how long does it take for them to process the transfer from an online store after receiving the shipment, if that changes anything.
>>
>>33235011
>10%
What the actual fuck
>>
>>33235180
The two I've used both processed any guns they received the moment they arrived. Having to wait an entire day or more just means your FFL is either moving huge volumes of guns or is incredibly lazy.
>>
>>33235180
they open it, check the serial, record it in their book, call the customer. theoretically, a few minutes at most.
but realistically, some places take longer bc theyre busy and/or lazy. i had to find a new ffl after my old one took days to process an incoming gun.
>>
>>33235011
>10%
>justfuckmyshitup.barrett
>>
File: IMG_2072.jpg (27KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2072.jpg
27KB, 447x444px
>>33235371
>mfw thousand dollar transfer
>>
>>33234818
How long to actually do the form or for them to put the gun in their bound book?

All depends on the shipping and receiving guys. If they're up to their heads in shipments from distributors you're gonna wait till they're done with that. I hate when I've got to receive shit from 4 different distributors in one day and some stupid fuck keeps calling asking why his kel tec p3at isn't ready yet when we've told him 60 times we'll call him when it's ready.
>>
File: 1488189065014.png (2MB, 750x748px) Image search: [Google]
1488189065014.png
2MB, 750x748px
>>33235307
>>33235317
well tomorrow is 48 hours from the day it was delivered anyway so I'll just drop by and see what's up.
>>
>>33234227

The answer is very simple:

People own businesses for two reasons:

To serve their egos

To make money.
>>
File: 1488035732968.jpg (3MB, 2772x1822px) Image search: [Google]
1488035732968.jpg
3MB, 2772x1822px
Just dropping in to say canada has so gay ass rules but we get guns and ammo shipped to our doors.
>>
>>33235592
>Canada has*
I don't know why I typed "so", didn't proofread.
Does sage still work?
>>
>>33235592
Good for you
>>
>>33235432
Yeah idk, it's not a big lgs or anything so I don't know if they are super busy or have high volumes to deal with. I've never been inside actually.
>>
>>33235408
is this real life
>>
>>33235592
>5 round pinned mags
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.