[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fags first time ever visiting/posting on /k/...help me figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1488937622256.jpg (117KB, 401x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488937622256.jpg
117KB, 401x600px
Hey fags first time ever visiting/posting on /k/...help me figure out what revolver to purchase??? First gun ever
>>
>>33234080
first gun ever probably shouldn't be a revolver.

They are astronomically complex. If you want a pistol, you are better off with something else, probably a glock 19 for general versatility, but look it over and make your own informed decision.
>>
>>33234194
Ah I am so set on a revolver though. What exactly is so complex? Also any other recommendations besides glock?
>>
>>33234212
a revolver operates on a system most similar to the inside bits of a clock. There is a timing system for all of the components of firing(rotating the chamber, the hammer falling, and locking the chamber in place) this system makes it imperative that all of them happen at once or else it will fail. This is what makes it complex, it just isn't in first gun territory as something to get you into the hobby, and if you get it in a huge, uncomfortable caliber you could find that shooting it is very unpleasant.

The glock would be small enough for a normal sized person to conceal carry, and it would be big enough that you could still enjoy target shooting at the range.

I can't confirm anything about other pistols, but consider the Barreta 92s the Army is phasing them out as service pistols, so within the next couple years we should see a boom of them on the market.

Rifles are a consideration too, the SKS from any country would be a fine first rifle. ARs can come as cheap as $350 if you want something more modern and with a proper magazine.

If you are dead set that you have to get a revolver, then go for it. But more than likely, you are going to have a bad time.
>>
>>33234320
>ARs can come as cheap as $350 if you want something more modern and with a proper magazine.

complete? where?
>>
>>33234336
I've seen total pieces of shit come through my LGS going from $350-450.

they would be the shit of shit though.
>>
>>33234320
Very fair points I'll have to look into this thanks anon
>>
>>33234080
Kamin look into some modern pistols, something like a glock, a cz, a 1911 etc. I think something along those lines is what your gonna end up liking more.
>>
File: born to feel.jpg (407KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
born to feel.jpg
407KB, 746x982px
>>33234212

Revolvers are a pain in the ass to reload, even with a speed loader. Like >>33234320 said they need to run like clockwork or they don't work at all, and a lot of revolver makers just don't give a flying fuck about proper gunsmithing and they'll chamber the revolver for a round its frame cannot withstand. So you get shit like misaligned cylinders in 2-3 weeks (S&W did this shit with pretty much all of their revolvers, the fucking colt python would get misaligned after firing like 30 rounds)

Basically they're really high maintenance and high skill ceiling. Also not very ergonomic and somewhat hard to aim with.

And if you want one because of meme calibers like .44 magnum or .357 magnum, forget about it, sure it feels powerful to shoot those calibers but they ARE unwieldy and totally not apt for self defense, and the round too expensive for constant practice.

If you're still dead set on a revolver then look up rugers, maybe a super blackhawk (you can use .44 special without doing anything else, much more manageable than a .44 magnum and still very powerful) or one of their snub noses.
>>
>>33236010

I meant Colt, not sure why I mixed it up with s&w, probably thinking about their own revolvers.
>>
>>33234463

The anon is right but as long as you're buying a modern brand name revolver you'll be fine for at least 20 years possibly 100+ depending on how often it's used. Revolver food is more expensive though, you can get 9mm for 19 cents a round, 357 is closer to 35 cents a round.

If you really want a Revolver look into famous models with 4-8 inches barely (the most practical accurate lengths). Models like the famous 686, 627, or gp100.

Keep in mind, 9mm is more powerful than 38 special, 357 is a good all around Revolver caliber, 44 mag is more limited in follow up shots and more expensive. Also, the lighter the gun in a caliber the more recoil you'll experience.

I'd suggest starting with a 22 lr bolt action rifle as a first. They're cheap, ammo is common at Walmart, they're very comfortable to shoot and get good with, great for small game, and everyone needs at least one 22 lr rifle.

If you want to get a semi auto, glock is a great name but I'd look into getting it in the Talo set up with their metal fiber/night combo sights, it's very worth it. Any 400+ good brand name semi auto pistol will work great, feel them out, I really like the ppq, P30, cz75, and P07. If you get a glock, the glock 19 gen3 or gen 4 is a great choice, they're great extremely reliable guns.
>>
>>33238324
*4-8 inches of barrel
>>
>>33234080
tfw people post your memes!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.