[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's stopping me from buying an airsoft MGL launcher and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: original-MGL-note-the-simplicty.jpg (45KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
original-MGL-note-the-simplicty.jpg
45KB, 600x379px
what's stopping me from buying an airsoft MGL launcher and refitting it with a proper cylinder and barrel and breechface so I can shoot 37mm rounds out of AND look cool?

what's stopping me from doing that but in 40mm and registering it as a DD?
>>
The fact that it would explode in your face because it's a goddamn toy and you're clearly too fucking dumb to do any of the modification you're talking about.
>>
>>33225769

If I can rebuild an engine and not have it explode I think I could do this.
>>
>>33225769

Ps: faggot
>>
the biggest thing to prevent you from doing that is the fact that you would basically need to replace all the components to make it safe to use. and no one makes those components so you would have to make them yourself which requires substantial machining resources.
>>
>>33225779
>if I can buy machined parts at a store and install them correctly like a child building with legos, I can transmute plastic into metal!
Thank you for ceding the argument
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 432x648px
>>33225803
To not mention you'd have to make the grenades.
>>
>>33225827

Oh look, it's a fedorafag who never lapped a cylinder head in his life
>>
File: Mootdoitfaggot_1.jpg (25KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
Mootdoitfaggot_1.jpg
25KB, 249x249px
>>33225755
>>
>>33225803

http://www.txmgo.com/index.php/shop/gun-accessories/product/49-12-m203-40mm-barrel

40mm low pressure specs (high pressure is only for bonerific shit like the MK919)

>Low: 3,000 psi (211 kg/cm2
>High: 12,000 psi (844 kg/cm2)

Wow that sounds high. I'll totally lose my hand if I fuck around with this at all. Let's see what the pressures are on a nice, manageable 12 gauge round, which are only sealed together with crimping and wax.

>12 gauge 3 1/2 in. 14,000

Wow, it sounds like /k/ doesn't know what the fuck they're clutching their pearls over, as usual.
>>
>>33225846
>still thinking he can turn a plastic toy into metal by snapping his fingers
Lmao. Please go actually find a 40mm round to try your new nerf gun with.
>>
>>33225894

Okay. Idiot. Consider suicide etc.

http://www.autoweapons.com/products/40mmsupplies.html
>>
>>33225872
You forget that 40mm has a substantially heavy projectile, and that your launcher has to be able to stand up to that kind of force pushing back.

I mean I guess you could use an airshit MGL as a reference for outer dimensions, but none of the parts (sans maybe the grips) will be strong enough to handle the recoil.
It would litterally be easier to design your own 40mm launcher from the ground up.

Also hide your dog.
>>
Whats stopping you from murdering someone?

Nothing, but you might get in legal trouble afterwards.
>>
>>33225755
no no no you guys all got it wrong
anon is trying to make a grenade grenade launcher, so when he uses the grenade launcher he's guaranteed to get at least one confirmed kill.
>>
>>33226114
Engineerfag here. This guy is right.
>>
>>33225755
Is the real Milkor MGL any good?
>>
>>33225755
going to be supportive here, i have no idea how this will turn out anon, but have a few cameras rolling (out of blast radius though) and tell us how it turns out.
>>
>>33225942
Am I on a list now or something for clicking that?
>>
>>33226252

Jesus. Leave it to /k/ to be totally ignorant about shit that doesn't involve garbage russian bolt action rifles and patches made by some faggot using other people's ideas and cheap chink manufacturing labor.
>>
>>33226319
This post covers 99% of weapon owners.
>>
>>33226347

It covers 99% of /k/. You guys are typically light years behind the rest of the shooting world. You can crack a book, pick up an old magazine, or browse some old forums and look at mainstream shooting & firearms knowledge in fucking 1989 or 1996 and it's ahead of most current /k/faggots.
>>
>>33225846
How about you lap my cylinder head choir boy
>>
Plus I'll just do it for 37mm the first time.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.