[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiya /k/ I've been browsing for quite awhile, posting once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1482517365032.png (403KB, 1148x729px) Image search: [Google]
1482517365032.png
403KB, 1148x729px
Hiya /k/
I've been browsing for quite awhile, posting once in a while too.
I know the basics of gun safety and stuff, trigger-discipline, keeping it pointed in the safest direction, not waving it around, even took my own notes and drew my own (terrible, but the details are still there) diagrams.
Just a few minutes ago I signed up for a basic class. We'll get to fire a handgun in this class.

Basically, what am I in for?
I know about squeezing the trigger, and doing so when you're breathing out (not like muh COD) and to also let the recoil "surprise" you instead of anticipating it.

Can I get some tips and general advice if possible? I'm really looking forward to this, I'm just a bit nervous.
>>
One self-bump before I go to bed
>>
>>33225471
>what are you in for
A lot of lecture and a bare minimum of hands-on time most likely. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing for overeager first timers.
>>
>>33226044
The thing said it'll be half and half (3 hours total)
After that, Ill probably end up getting a permit and start buying guns.
>overeager
I so am, I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. I feel like once I get my permit and purchase some funs (some handguns and shotguns, maybe a rifle) Ill be spending a lot of time at the range just firing my guns.

Anyway do you have any tips or advice?
>>
File: 1911.jpg (326KB, 1400x795px) Image search: [Google]
1911.jpg
326KB, 1400x795px
1. Treat every gun like it's loaded at all times.
2. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire.
3. Never aim your gun at anything you don't want to destroy.
4. Know your target and what's behind it.

That's about all you need to know. The rest depends on where you live and what you want to do.
>>
>>33226113
Commiefornia (in a red county thank goodness)
Funnily enough I have those four things written down and hammered into my head.
>>
>>33226133
If you forget everything else, but remember those four rules you'll be just fine, Anon. Good Luck.
>>
>>33226096
Be cool, don't sperg out, follow instructions, don't be a know it all.

You might be the most knowledgeable one on the subject in the room, but the class isn't measuring that.

For the future when you do buy, buy something you actually want.
>>
>>33226150
Thank you /k/omrade, I won't forget those four rules.
Guns already have a bad connotation due to carelessness and shirked responsibilities.
>>
File: 1487704257922.jpg (58KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487704257922.jpg
58KB, 533x800px
>>33226166
Yup. You'll probably have to listen to a bunch of crap about local laws. Try to pay attention, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Most of what they'll tell you stems from those 4 rules and just make sense.
>>
The instructor should tell you what you need to know. If he isn't being safe, leave.
Keep an eye on everyone else there to make sure they are being safe too. It is really easy for people to start sweeping others with the muzzle even if they aren't intentionally pointing at you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.