[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about human weapons. Combat experience can turn a man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 4787569_orig.jpg (144KB, 900x621px) Image search: [Google]
4787569_orig.jpg
144KB, 900x621px
Lets talk about human weapons. Combat experience can turn a man into a disciplined killing machine. Were German soldiers, who had fought for years and on several fronts across Europe, some of the most deadly warriors in human history?
>>
>>33219522
After the war they even went onto joining the legion and fighting in Indochina they loved it that much.

They say during the Indochina war around 80% of the french foreign legion were German soldiers.
>>
>>33219542
Was that because they loved it or because they wanted to escape any possible prosecution/punishment in post-war Europe?
>>
>>33219605
Both i reckon.

The legion even went as far as putting recruitment centres in mainland Germany.
>>
>>33219522
Naziboos inbound, take cover!

Anyway.
http://defense-and-freedom.blogspot.de/2009/09/holy-grail-of-personnel-selection.html

>The quote does by the way also explain why veteran armies are usually stubborn and competent in the tactical defence but almost useless in the tactical offence; their ranks are depleted of especially brave, aggressive men - leaving behind only experienced average Joes. Many accounts of disappointing veteran forces are known in military history - usually associated with tactical offence.

The most deadly soldier is the one who is naturally daring and brave, intelligent and competent, experienced but not dead (yet).
>>
>>33219522
Heт
>>
Most able-bodied, military-aged men in Germany died in WWII. At least a very good percentage of them. Lots of the others were permanently disabled from injuries they sustained. Many died in the Russian gulags. Most of the rest that actually returned home, or at least to what was left of it, just tried to live out the rest of their lives in relative peace and obscurity. Germans aren't very proud of their veterans on account of them being huge cucks. I visited Germany once a few years back for about 2 months. Was surprised to learn that the owner of the hostel I was staying at was a WWII vet. Fought in France and the Eastern Front, lost a brother in Italy, lost a sister in Dresden. He never spoke a word about ever even serving in the military, I only found out when his wife mentioned something about "his Iron Cross."

So I don't know what makes a man a "killing machine." Were the German vets at the end of the war salty? You bet your ass they were. In his prime, I have no doubt Herr Krauss could have killed me with his bare hands. But there's more to it than that. At the end of the war, most of the German vets were just plain tired. They were tired of war, tired of death, tired of being on the retreat. I think a reason a lot of them don't talk about it anymore isn't just because of the anti-military attitudes in Germany. It's because they were just broken, they couldn't take it anymore. And for good reason.

Granted, there were quite a few after the war that went on to serve as mercenaries in the like in the ensuing colonial wars that devastated Africa. But they're the exception, not the norm.
>>
From a Wikipedia article on Japanese holdouts:

>Major Sei Igawa (井川省?) volunteered as a Viet Minh staff officer and commander. Igawa was killed in a battle with French troops in 1946.
>Major Takuo Ishii (石井卓雄?) continued to fight as a Viet Minh adviser, staff officer and commander. He was killed in a battle with French troops on May 20, 1950.

If there were Germans soldiers in Vietnam fighting for the French, that means you could have possible had scenarios where ex-axis soldiers, former allies, were fighting each other. Weird.
>>
File: 1434673870689.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1434673870689.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>33219666
>citing a blog as evidence
>>
>>33219699
No, I'm linking to an argumentation. Feel free to be compelled by it or not. He also links to a wartime source (which has since expired, as I just found. Guess you could still find it though.)
>>
File: 1483225461234.jpg (9KB, 226x211px) Image search: [Google]
1483225461234.jpg
9KB, 226x211px
>>33219666
Calm your tits Tyrone Goldberg. They had a 20% better K/D against amerifats
>>
>>33220490
To be fair, they were on the defensive so naturally they had the upper hand. Battle of the Bulge excepted.
>>
Got to add that the Germans in the French Foreign legion made something like a third of the soldiers before ww2.
>>
id imagine the 14 year olds who started the hitler youth program in 1933 and then fought in combat from 39-41 were damn hard, disciplined men by the time they were 21.
>>
File: ReichsArbeitsdienst.jpg (125KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
ReichsArbeitsdienst.jpg
125KB, 1024x600px
>>33220738

It wasn't the Hitlerjugend that was the great training machine. It was the work service. Half a year of hard physical labour and discipline- no guns though - before the young men were sent off to Wehrmacht and so on. By comparison, Hitlerjugend were little more than boy scouts.
>>
>>33219522
The same can be said of some soviet soldiers.
>>
>>33219616
former SS were forced into Legion units, basically penal units. they were sent to some of the shittiest places on earth
>>
>>33219522

Provided we are talking about soldiers in the era of guns, I vote for the Finnish Army. Those guys hit the Russians like a knife through soggy butter and the kill ratio was insane.
>>
>>33219522
the axis soldiers that survived, yes.
the loosing doesnt have the luxury to rotate their units properly. so the fuckers that survive a loosing war are pretty fucking hardcore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_T%C3%B6rni
this fucker right here lost every war he fought
>>
>>33220878
>this fucker right here lost every war he fought

Funny. You keep trying to fix memories by making it come out right this time. It never happens. Lot of people like that drift through a few militarizes and wars Better to quit while you are alive.
>>
>>33220823
The Russians did have lots of experience but they did lack in professional training and development that the Nazi soldiers had.
>>
Wouldn't a Nazi who'd fought from '39 to' 45 make a shitty soldier though? Like, he could do his duty like it was second nature, and he'd no doubt done and seen some shit, but they'd be so goddamn tired of fighting.
>>
File: you_win_this_round_ivan.jpg (401KB, 1024x1525px) Image search: [Google]
you_win_this_round_ivan.jpg
401KB, 1024x1525px
>>33219522
they wouldn't be killing machines, they'd be survivors. If you'd been in a war for 6 fucking years (and very few would've survived that unscathed) your only goal would be to survive too. The guy who heroically charged MG nests and was first into the fray probably didn't live too long. But Fritz, the guy who was smart and figured out how to rotate into a support squad or something would.

Sure, they would fight against the Soviets tooth and nail but you'll note most of the final German operations in WWII are "go west and pray to God we can get captured by the Americans." or "hold the Soviets back long enough to force an unconditional surrender." Unless you were SS, in which case you knew you were fucked and probably went down fighting, like SS Charlemagne.

I believe it was the 9th army who completely ignored Hitler's final order to defend Berlin and broke through the soviet lines and surrender to the Americans en masse.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.