[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I cop? taurus pt111, it's really cheap and reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: millennium2.jpg (54KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
millennium2.jpg
54KB, 700x467px
should I cop?

taurus pt111, it's really cheap and reading reviews people seem to like it. any of you have one? i'm jonesin for my first 9mm
>>
>>33219234
no.
>>
>>33219246
why not though

srs I wanna hear from people who have actually used one
>>
File: IMG_0021.jpg (60KB, 392x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0021.jpg
60KB, 392x399px
Bumping. I'm considering buying one too
>>
bump

pls help all I want is a cheap 9mm that isn't a hi point
>>
>>33219234
>>33219443
>>33219445

Do you like slam firing dangerous hot garbage?

If yes then buy all the Taurus' you can.
>>
>>33219461
well damn is there anything under 300 that isn't dangerous as shit to use
>>
>>33219445
I own a Sccy CPX-2 (American made, lifetime warranty that includes theft), and I've only ever experienced one or two FTFs (only problems I've ever had). Shit's like $200.
>>
>>33219473

The saying "you get what you pay for" is just as true now as it ever was.

Be a little more patient and mature, save up an extra $200 and then you will be in the goldilox price-per-quality zone
>>
>>33219234
friend of mine bought one. I haven't shot it yet but from fingerfucking it, seems like a solid little piece. My fuck is that slide catch/release difficult as hell to use though.
>>
>>33219473
I bought a surplus Beretta 92S for $250 recently. It's a very nice gun for the money if you don't mind some scratches and wear. They still have them, but they raised the price to $280.

http://www.jgsales.com/beretta-92s-semi-auto-pistol,-9mm,-4.9-barrel,-early-italian-s-model,-black,-good,-used.-p-93312.html

Also, Taurus usually gets a bad rap on here, but I've seen people here talk about PT111 G2's they bought, and they all seemed to like it well enough.
>>
>>33219234
Canik TP9 for full size, M&P Shield for subcompact. Both can be had for around $300 and you aren't getting a shitbox huehuehue gun.
>>
>>33219483
SCCYs aren't rated for +P. Good luck stopping that attacker with standard pressure ammo that doesn't meet the FBI minimums for penetration and expansion.

But hey, you at least saved like $150 over a gun that will actually save your life in a serious situation, right?
>>
>>33219546
>Both can be had for around $300

where are you people getting all these cheap guns

every time anyone recs a gun here it's always like $100-200 more than they say it is
>>
>>33220082
Stop buying at shitty brick and mortar stores that price gouge. Order from places like Bud's to a place with reasonable transfer fees or buy at gun shows from the non-Jew booths.
>>
>>33220092
>actually recommending that people buy from fuddsgunshop.com
>>
>>33219234
>famous for going off if you shake it
Literally save another $100 and get a Shield Jesus Christ
>inb4 "they fixed that"
They produced and sold millions of them. Literally no excuse.
>>
>>33220092
>order online
>shipping
>ffl transfer
Basically makes it the same as buying in person
>having to wait
So I get to pay the same prices AND don't get it as fast?? Sign me up
>>
>>33219266
Most people would rather save up an extra $100~ and get the M&P.
>>
>>33220466
>doesn't like shake fired action
>probably posts about how guns aren't innovative enough anymore
> probably likes old pump shotguns you can slam fire
>>
>>33219234
/k/ will just say taurus a sht lelele le ebin maymay gun

In reality its a fine cheap little fun. Friend bought one in 9mm it feels perfecly solid and shots just fine. No issues, not a single jam yet. Now he has not shot it THAT much, but judging buy actual objective reviews and not just memes its a decent, cheap shooter.
>>
>>33220532
>Basically makes it the same as buying in person

No, it doesn't.

You left out sales tax, and started from the retarded assumption that the base price online is the same as it is in gun stores.

Just save up ~$375. Then you can get a S&W shield, Ruger LC9s or a bunch of other guns including the shipping (assuming you can't find somewhere with free shipping) as long as you don't ship it to some FFL with a huge transfer fee.

If nothing else just wait for sales, don't get some piece of shit you'll hate and not want to practice with.
>>
>>33219234
I have 7k rounds through mine without a single issue. I def recommend it.
It's been on the /k/ approved poorfag guns list in the wiki since forever.

It had guide rod issues with the first few batches but the newer ones are all sorted.
I switched mine to a steel one anyway just to be safe (it's a $35 fix)

>>33219461
nah, none of the g2's have had any issues at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1fSYDhs9zw
>>
>>33220082
>every time anyone recs a gun here it's always like $100-200 more than they say it is
>What is slickguns.com ?
>>
>>33219234
Ignore most of /k/. Its full of fudds, noguns and general idiots.

Taurus quality control has gone up a lot. The Gen 1 series was total garbage and prone to misfires from shaking, but Gen 2 is solid.

Pros of the PT111 Gen 2:
-12+1 rounds in a compact frame
-Capable of +p ammo
-rail for installing light/laser
-4 safeties (external, trigger, loaded chamber indicator, key lock)
-Great stippling on the grip

Cons:
-Sights are just painted on
-Requires a trigger pull to disassemble, same as a glock

Thats the real deal from someone who owns and has fired 2000+ rounds out of his.

Naturally, /k/ likes to dogpile on shit they don't understand and don't own. This is a great piece for its price, and was my first pistol purchase as well.
>>
>>33220537
>THIS
>H
>I
>S
>>
>>33219234
My brother has one and he loves it death, it's his EDC, he has no complaints about it and highly recommends it to anyone who asks. I've only shot it a few times and it was fine nothing to write home about but good for the price. If you want options check out Sig P250 they've gotten cheaper as the 320 has gotten more popular and all the 320 aftermarket stuff fits the 250
>>
>>33219234
SD9VE.

Same cost. Better Manufacturer.
>>
File: 1488569089817.png (175KB, 384x390px) Image search: [Google]
1488569089817.png
175KB, 384x390px
>>33219266
My shithead friend has one and it was the single most disgusting firearm I've ever held.

The grip was uncomfy in my hands, seemed exceptionally unbalanced, had a mile long unpredictable trigger and showed a distressing amount of play in the barrel when racking the slide. Beyond that the recoil spring apparently wears quickly as does the plastic guide rod.

Tl;dr buy literally any other pistol unless you're a hyper poorfag
>>
>>33219234
well it performs about the same as the sd9ve but it costs about $70 less atm
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.