[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obscure bring backs? It seems like our grand fathers only bothered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

Obscure bring backs? It seems like our grand fathers only bothered to bring back Mausers or Arisakas. Anyone heard of any other guns being brought home from the war? For example, we fought the Italians, but I don't think I've ever heard of a Carcano bring back.
>>
Great grandfather brought back a Hungarian pistol with Nazi stampings and a Steyr rifle that is in dummy or "training" configuration. In other words, it doesn't function. Also cool Nazi stampings. Not sure how he managed to grab those up, though.
>>
File: IMG_20161229_202020.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161229_202020.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>33218556
Does it look like this. This is my friends father's pistol his uncle brought back I believe.
>>
>>33218895
Sorry the image is flipped, but it is a Femaru 37M. It shoots 380 ACP and was manufactured in Hungary. Here is another good picture of one.
>>
File: From37ML (1).jpg (67KB, 761x569px) Image search: [Google]
From37ML (1).jpg
67KB, 761x569px
>>33218895
Fuck forgot the pic.
>>
>>33219039
Neat
>>
>>33219039
>>33218895

Funky, looks like a Colt 1903 pocket hammerless with an exposed hammer.
>>
Yes.

1. During the War of Northern Aggression, one of my ancestors obtained a Smith & Wesson Model 1 .22 short revolver off a dead Yankee officer. It's still in our family and still functional.
2. A M1879 Reichsrevolver that my great-great grandfather brought back from WW1. He cut the barrel down to snub-nose and used it as a carry gun during his time in the war. Also still in family possession and still functional.
3. Great-grandfather brought back all kinds of shit, including several Title 2's he registered during the '68 amnesty using a bank loan. He worked as an Army mailman and could get away with a lot of shit. All of those have been sold off or are with other elements of the family (outside of our group) well before I was an adult however. However, I do have a Spanish Ruby pistol he found in France. It was an 18th birthday present shortly before he died. He pulled it off a dead German along with an "odd looking German medal" which we found out was a Spanienkreuz. As part of his will, that and some of the other medals were donated to a local military museum he helped founded (ironically by selling off a couple of his Title 2 machine guns during the AWB).

Grandpa had some shit during Vietnam but was only able to bring back an SKS, Chinese Tokarev, and a H&R revolver the local sheriff mailed him and the other guys who got drafted from town. Tokarev's were brought in on a truck by SF soldiers and they just passed them out to anyone who wanted one, and grandpa said they probably sold the rest. Was common practice over there to wheel and deal.

Even got a picture of him with a Japanese Type 94 pistol, but he ran out of ammunition for it and traded it to a South Vietnamese jeweler for a gold ring that became my grandmother's engagement ring.
>>
>>33219210
Your grandpa was in vietnam?
How old are you?
>>
>>33219039
Probably just some counterfeit handgun
>>
>>33219210
Got any pics of any of the guns?
>>
>>33218266
one of my Best Friends has a Type 99 that was a Korean War bring back
>>
>>33219210
> the War of Northern Aggression
Its called the American Civil War. Get it right.
>>
>>33219248
>Type 99
Whats that?
>>
>>33219210
>the War of Northern Aggression
Kill yourself.
>>
So why did the military end the spoils of war shit? Was it really that bad? Imagine all the cool shit we'd be getting back from the ME if they could bring shit back. We've been there for nearly 2 consecutive decades at this point. There are kids alive today who know nothing of life without the US fucking around in the desert.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 600x412px
>>33218266
We talking hand-me-downs specifically? Because Ive got my hands on an original B serial ZAR mauser a canadian trooper brought back from the second boer war as a war trophy thats obsure as all hell, but I just scooped it from an antiques dealer
>>
>>33219532
Jap Arisaka
>>
>>33219588
Gun Control
>>
>>33219229
not him but im 27 and my grandfather was in vietnam from 66-68
>>
File: 1404480799712.jpg (733KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1404480799712.jpg
733KB, 1162x850px
>>33219251
>United States declares war on a group of people who feel they are no longer represented by their government and wish to peacefully break away
>not aggression

Hmmmm, that exact scenario sounds familiar to me...
>>
Only thing my Great-Uncle brought back was a Mauser 98k bayonet. Kinda wish I had the rifle to go with it, though.
>>
>>33219588
Various reasons, gun control being one of them.
It got people killed because retards ran out to loot guns, but there was also a concern about other retards using captured guns instead of their issued rifle and getting into friendly-fire/logistics problems.

>>33219926
It's a bit more complicated depending on your perspective.
The everyman of the south had no real investment in slavery and remained largely ignorant to it while plantation owners essentially kept the southern government alive with the sales of cotton.
Fatty McLargehuge doesn't want to go out and do honest work by picking cotton himself or pay an asshole that could legally enter his house and fuck his wife, so they got the southern government object to the freeing of slaves and the following secession is all the reason the north needed to come over and kick their teeth in.
>>
>>33219980
It doesn't change the fact that the North had no right to do it. Well, they did, but they lose any right to continue calling themselves "freedom fighters" and shit like that. The King of England had every right to kick the Colonist's fucking teeth in, too. The only reason the Patriots are depicted as brave freedom fighters and the Rebels as evil, racist traitors is because one won and the other lost.
>>
>>33220015
History is written by the victor, Anon, and that conflict is no exception.
>>
>>33219229

Almost 27. He was born in 46 and served from 69-71

>>33219236

Not on hand, maybe besides the Ruby but don't know where those pics are. Ruby itself is currently oiled and sealed away due to living in an area with high humidity, so lots of rust. Pretty much what I have to do with any gun that I don't shoot on a regular basis. My grandfather has the family possessions that weren't given to his two brothers, and when he dies it'll be split between me and my uncle.

>>33219251
>>33219582

War of Norther Aggression fellas

>>33219588

1968 Gun Control Act kept my grandfather from bringing back more shit than he did. Also Army was getting stricter with shit. Didn't get searched leaving Vietnam but got searched head to toe when they got stateside. Uncle could bring back very little from Desert Storm but does have a couple of AK magazines, a demilled parachute, some brass cases, and other odds and ends. I doubt you can even bring back most of that stuff now.
>>
>>33219588
Argentine FALs and handguns were smuggled back to the UK post Falklands-war in fair quantities, but I hear that the search procedures for souvenirs were tightened up a lot by the time Op Telic rolled around.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.