[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason to buy a gun other than fun? >protection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 9

File: risk vs reward.jpg (59KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
risk vs reward.jpg
59KB, 600x399px
Is there any reason to buy a gun other than fun?

>protection
The vast majority of gun owners have never and will never fire a shot in anger. Unless you live in a place with a very high crime rate, the chance of needing a gun is so small that it doesn't outweigh the cost of having it.

>hunting
It's almost always cheaper to buy meat.
>>
>>33211344
I had to pull a pistol once.
It saved my wife and I from a very bad situation.
>>
>>33211344
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
>>
I NEED MY GUNS SO I CAN SCARE TEH GOVERNMENt
>>
>>33211344

Why do people keep fire extinguishers you cunt?
>>
>>33211373
You are a statistical outlier.
>>33211393
Not necessarily. Having a gun and not needing it has opportunity costs.
>>33211398
The government isn't scared of guns.
>>33211413
Because fire extinguishers are very inexpensive.
>>
>>33211344
why do people INSIST on making these low quality threads??
>>
>>33211441
Why do you NEED /k/ to have only threads you like? OP's Rights > your feelings

>>33211413
desu small kitchen fires are vastly more likely then a robber busting into your house while you are home to respond to it.

and honestly, most people don't keep fire extinguishers in their house/car because of a combination of laziness and the expense/effort of acquiring an extinguisher instead of just opening windows and throwing baking soda in the toaster/pan/whatever has a burning piece of bread in it so MUH FIRE EXTINGUISHERS is a bad analogy anyway
>>
Door locks.
Car locks.
Newfags.
>>
>>33211437
We arent talking about raw statistics we are talking about peoples lives. Take a step back and realize you just dismissed 2 peoples lives being saved. As the antifuns love to say "if it saves just one life"
>>
>>33211437
>The government isn't scared of guns.
I M P L Y I N G
M
P
L
Y
I
N
G
>>
>>33211344
it is in no way cheaper to buy meat. For a $50 tag I can drive a couple hours and drop a 900 pound moose with enough meat to feed a family for a year.
>>
>>33211554
Those are also inexpensive.
>>33211569
>As the antifuns love to say "if it saves just one life"
And I don't agree with those people. One life out of hundreds of millions is not statistically significant. We are talking about risk analysis.
>>33211588
Guns didn't stop the Waco Massacre, did they?
>>33211599
Do you live in Alaska? Most of the population in the lower 48 will never have the chance to hunt moose unless they spend a lot of money.
>>
>>33211599
>the laws where I live are exactly the laws in all places on earth!

stop this

>>33211569
>a-a-antifuns
>AAANTIFUNS
you're a paranoid loser and three lives could have been saved instead of two if the criminal were not created in the first place by your country being a shithole. arms proliferation is largely irrelevant to crime and even then pulling another weapon or conducting yourself differently (taking a safer route, not looking like an easy mark tourist pleb, etc) could have also prevented the event
>>
>>33211344
What's the risk again?
>>
>>33211641
What are you talking about? How is America a shithole? Even if it is, how does that create a criminal?
>>
>>33211661
If you are buying a gun for protection, the risk is you will be a victim of a crime. Buying a gun is an attempt to mitigate that risk.
>>
>>33211671
So the question is:

You are a victim of a violent crime, is it worthwhile to have a gun?
>>
>>33211662
>How is America a shithole?
Niggers, Beaners, Feminists, Alt-righters, Antifa, Confederates, shrinking economy, massive personal debts, sprawling ghettoes, expensive and ineffective education, poor emergency service coverage and quality, nonsensical and inconsistent laws between cities, counties, and states, failure to adopt the metric system, your posting, etc
>>
>>33211344
Here are your reasons.
>Fun
>If the situation arises where you need a firearm to defend yourself, you have one.
>If you want to hunt, you can.
>Fun
>>
>>33211702
>literally just lists the things OP already covered
fantastic post
>>
>>33211696
You can take any country and point out it's immediate and glaring flaws.
>>
>>33211344
>21 / 0 / 11 / 1
everyone go home, it's (you) again
>>
>>33211437
>Because fire extinguishers are very inexpensive.
>Having a gun and not needing it has opportunity costs.
Sorry that you're such a worthless (literally) poorfag that a couple hundred bucks seems astronomical to you, but some of us aren't broke-ass basement-dwelling NEETs who can't put that much disposable income into a purchase without it having serious effects on our finances.
>>
>>33211640
I live in Canada.
>>33211641

Sure the laws aren't always so good everywhere. But virtually anyone in N. America could feasibly hunt for their meat. Inexpensive rifles are everywhere as are deer.
>>
>>33211554
>>33211640
>These faggots secure their homes with <$1000 locks and hardware.
It's like you want want to be raped to death by Jamal and Tay'kwon.
>>
>>33211687
If you assume that you are going to be a victim of crime, then yes, but that is a big assumption.
>>33211696
Most of the things on that list are either not bad or simply untrue.
>>33211728
What are those numbers?
>>33211734
Not poor, just efficient. Money that I spend on a gun is money I could spend on other things, like pussy. Also, a quality gun is going to cost at least 700, then there's ammo and other costs.
>>
I wish I lived in England
>implying gun legislation isn't about regulating a mindset
>implying guns aren't a bellwether right
>>
>>33211441

Why do dumb fucks like you INSIST on making this post every single time it happens?
>>
>>33211776
>Not poor, just efficient. Money that I spend on a gun is money I could spend on other things, like pussy.
I'm also sorry that you're so unappealing to women that you have to pay for pussy. It may have something to do with you being broke and stupid. You might want to see if you can do something about that.
>>
>>33211776
You have to spend money for pussy? You sound like a huge faggot
>>
>>33211776

>What are those numbers?
just as expected from those numbers
>Money that I spend on a gun is money I could spend on other things, like pussy.
oh shit bois here come da elfamail what are we gonna do
>Also, a quality gun is going to cost at least 700
seriously get the fuck out, you know jack shit about guns
>>
File: REJECTED-FLAGS-570.jpg (42KB, 570x519px) Image search: [Google]
REJECTED-FLAGS-570.jpg
42KB, 570x519px
>>33211713
find a flaw
>>
>>33211706
Because those are the only reasons OP needs. If he doesn't want to buy a gun past those reasons then he just shouldn't buy a gun because clearly he doesn't want one. It's a want not a need.
>>
>>33211776
>Not poor, just efficient.
>pays for sex

i can find an inefficiency for you. If you got a not shit personality and get more attractive you don't have to pay for sex.

>Also, a quality gun is going to cost at least 700, then there's ammo and other costs.
>Mossberg 500
>$339.99
>>
>>33211696
>Niggers, Beaners,
What are you saying? That we should ethnically cleanse America of those people?
>Feminists, Alt-righters, Antifa, Confederates,
Those people have never harmed me in any interactions I've had with them.
>shrinking economy,
Simply false.
>massive personal debts,
Bankruptcy can solve that problem.
>sprawling ghettoes,
Not the norm.
>expensive and ineffective education,
We do spend too much money on education, but it is not ineffective. Students can learn as much as they want if they are willing to put in the effort.
>poor emergency service coverage and quality,
There's nothing wrong with it. Ambulances drive as fast as they can.
>nonsensical and inconsistent laws between cities, counties, and states,
What's wrong with self determination for states?
>failure to adopt the metric system, your posting, etc
What's wrong with the English system?
>>
>>33211802
honestly it's not like american gun laws are consistent or sensible or in any way decent anyway, and it's not like other countries don't have guns and ways to get and use them legally

>>33211840
>$339.99
that's like, half of one date with an average chick. women are all hoes
>>
>>33211832
Literally the entire country. It only exists as a placeholder.
>>
>>33211640
>Do you live in Alaska? Most of the population in the lower 48 will never have the chance to hunt moose unless they spend a lot of money.

NJ, I can get a 50-100 lbs of venison. I can also get 120lb of bear meat. Yes, I am talking about one of the most cucked states in the USA.
>>
>>33211776
>I could spend on other things, like pussy.

You have to pay for pussy? What a loser.

> Also, a quality gun is going to cost at least 700

An anti-gunner who doesn't know anything about firearms? Whaaaat a shocker. Perfectly quality firearms can be purchased at $180 to $250.

Also, your entire argument is fundamentally flawed. You expect gun owners to provide reasoning for why they own guns when that's entirely irrelevant. No one needs a reason to exercise their rights. You should be the one trying to provide reasoning as to why our rights should be taken away.
>>
>>33211856
>What's wrong with the English system?
bruh
>>
>>33211885
That's where your wrong, kid
>>
>>33211857
>it's not like other countries don't have guns and ways to get and use them legally

Try to get an AR15 in any other country and let me know how that goes.
>>
>>33211856
I feel the same way about drugs, criminalize all of them as felonies regardless of amount or substance
>>
>>33211746
You have to find land to hunt deer on. Public land requires licenses, and private land requires paying or persuading the owner.
>>33211792
What does that have to do with what I said? I think you're in the wrong thread.
>>33211817
No man has ever had sex with a woman without paying, either in time, money, or headaches. Paying for pussy minimizing stress and work.
>>33211820
Faggots don't like pussy. They prefer dick.
>>33211831
Name a quality gun for less than that. Don't forget sales tax and transfer fees.
>>33211836
Economists say there are no needs, only wants.
>>33211840
>i can find an inefficiency for you. If you got a not shit personality and get more attractive you don't have to pay for sex.
Not true.
>>33211840
>Mossberg 500
Shotguns are a poor man's best friend, so I'll give you that, but most handguns and rifles are going to run you 700 or more, as will many shotguns.
>>33211869
NJ doesn't have moose, do they? You aren't like the guys in that old joke who shot a farmer's cow thinking it was a deer, are you?
>>
>>33211917
they're popular in canada despite the restricted list

because it's only "restricted" not "fucking banned under penalty of execution by traumatic insemination"

but you one-hand your AR for a minute in the US and the ATF comes by to shoot your dog in the face lmao
>>
>>33211856
>Those people have never harmed me in any interactions I've had with them.
>implying you have interactions with people, period
What kind of person would talk like that? Oh I know, people who are poor but somehow justifies paying money for pussy and feel empowered with namefaging with ignorant arguments on an anonymous swedish coffee tasting image board about why other people have no reason to do things they enjoy.
>>
>>33211881
>You have to pay for pussy? What a loser.
How is that different from paying for food?
>An anti-gunner who doesn't know anything about firearms? Whaaaat a shocker. Perfectly quality firearms can be purchased at $180 to $250.
A hipoint is not a quality firearm.
>>33211885
There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing says conversion factors have to all be the same.
>>33211925
What are you talking about?
>>
>>33211856
>>massive personal debts,
>Bankruptcy can solve that problem.
Have you ever actually been through a bankruptcy? You don't just get to go into court, fill out a paper, and then to tell all the people you owe money to that they can kiss your grits. If it was that simple, people would do it incessantly, and the courts know it. That's why bankruptcy an intensely unpleasant process that hands your financial decisions over to a judge and does things like trashing your credit so bad that even setting up a simple checking account is tough. It's not a matter of "oh, just declare bankruptcy and debt won;t be a problem". You'd have to be a fucking idiot to think that, and you are.
>>
>>33211776

>why can't everyone be oh so superior like me? :(
>>
>>33211962
Then you're a closeted faggot who needs to come out already so we can kiss and cuddle, queer
>>
>>33211983
Not an argument.
>>33212007
People do it all the time. There are even ads in the phonebook for lawyers who do it for a few hundred dollars.
>>33212016
Never said that.
>>33212017
Don't want to get AIDS.
>>
>>33212002
>hipoint is not a quality firearm

Hipoints are perfectly reliable and accurate enough. They are as heavy as bricks but they will still shoot someone trying to kill you dead. A maverick 88 is also $200 and is a perfectly functional firearm.
>>
>>33212002
>There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing says conversion factors have to all be the same.
that's it. youve gone too far this time. there's trolling and then there's what you just said. im calling the standards police
>>
33211962 (no you)
>Faggots don't like pussy. They prefer dick.
not paying for pussy =/= liking dick, all tho there is nothing wrong with liking dick and you should embrace your sexuality with confidence
>Name a quality gun for less than that. Don't forget sales tax and transfer fees.
assuming you live in uncucked parts of America
glock brand glock, mossberg, maverick, savage axis, and, believe it or not, AR
>46 / 4 / 19 / 1
come on now when does it end
>>
>>33211344
I'm not in danger
I am the danger
>>
>>33211962
>Shotguns are a poor man's best friend, so I'll give you that, but most handguns and rifles are going to run you 700 or more, as will many shotguns.
Just this year I've bought a Bersa Firestorm for $320 and a Ruger LCR for $450 - both new from a retail store. My Ruger 10/22 Takedown was $300, and is a fine rifle. You can get a perfectly respectable Marlin 60 for $179 brand new, even here in California.
>No man has ever had sex with a woman without paying, either in time, money, or headaches.
Actually, many men have done that. In fact, most do. All the time. If you have a decent personality and aren't a broke-ass loser, you can end up with this thing called a "girlfriend", and she'll have sex with you just because she likes you. It's weird, I know, but you should try it sometime.
>>
>>33211344

my dog got attacked while I was walking her by a larger dog. I was able to kick it in the head last time, but basically if I see it again I'm going to kill it. in addition to vicious dogs, there are coyotes, rattlesnakes and cougars in my neighborhood, so I'd prefer not to have to worry about my chiweenie getting bitten.

that basically falls under protection and hunting.

i'm not worried about the tweakers and vagrants, but they also inhabit the area.
>>
>>33211962
Even with licenses hunting for meat is vastly more economical than buying it. Claiming that "it's almost always cheaper to buy meat" is an objectively false statement.
>>
>>33211962
>>33211857
you don't meet alot of women then. I can get my dick wet with a well cooked meal and bottle of home made white lightning.
>>
>>33212045
The shotgun, maybe, but not a hipoint. They are crudely made.
>>33212050
Not an argument.
>>33212054
Glocks and ARs are fairly expensive, and I don't consider Glocks high quality. I consider them a poor design. Savage is mediocre. The shotguns you can get away with spending less.
>46 / 4 / 19 / 1
I have no idea what those numbers mean.
>>33212064
>Actually, many men have done that. In fact, most do. All the time. If you have a decent personality and aren't a broke-ass loser, you can end up with this thing called a "girlfriend", and she'll have sex with you just because she likes you. It's weird, I know, but you should try it sometime.
Not true. A girlfriend will expect you to buy her nice things.
>>
>>33211344

In terms of protecting yourself a gun is kind of like a parachute.
Most people go their entire lives without needing one.
But when you need one, you really REALLY need it.

For me, $500 would easily be worth the peace of mind.

I actually don't even like guns that much. I just collect historical guns because I enjoy history.
Only 2 of the guns in my entire collection were made after WW2.
A 1911 reproduction (which is a WW1 era design)
And an AK (which was designed a couple years after WW2 ended)
>>
>>33212107
>The shotgun, maybe, but not a hipoint. They are crudely made.

Yes the shotgun definitely. Please tell me what -specifically- is wrong with hipoints that makes them completely useless for self defense. They fire reliably when you pull the trigger, dont fire when you dont pull the trigger, and have amazing warranties so on the off chance anything does go wrong it will be fixed no questions asked.
>>
>>33212042
>People do it all the time. There are even ads in the phonebook for lawyers who do it for a few hundred dollars.
Do what, exactly? You don't just go to a lawyer, give him a few hundred bucks, and then blammo, tens of thousands of dollars in debts magically disappear with no further negative consequences. And yes, lots of people declare bankruptcy, but there's a reason I used the word "incessantly". If there was really a way to get rid of huge amounts of debt just by giving a few hundred bucks to a lawyer, then everyone who ever racked up any debt more than a few hundred bucks would just declare bankruptcy and get rid of it. Ever ask yourself why they don't? You're obviously either a troll or a manchild with no common sense and no clue how the real world works. Go ask your mom for some more tendies.
>>
>>33212100
It varies greatly by state, but most states require a hunter's safety course, license with various tags, permission to hunt on public land via licenses or drawings, etc. That adds up. Then consider the time and money spent going into the woods, ammo for practice, other hunting gear. Hunting is a recreational activity, not a viable means to feed yourself.
>>33212101
That stuff costs money too.
>>33212130
Imagine I made a special suit that was impervious to lightning strikes. How much would you pay for it?
>>33212131
I don't agree that they are reliable. A gun that cheap is going to have problems, and you can't call customer service for warranty work in the middle of a gunfight.
>>33212145
The reason people don't declare bankruptcy lightly is because it ruins their ability to obtain credit.
>>
>>33211641
You're assuming a lot there.
It was three attackers.
No one was killed.
The path from where we were to where home was didn't give many other options.
It was dark. Got blindsided with a punch. Guy must not have known how to strike very well.
Other two rushed up.
Cops called with idiots at gunpoint.
Went home that night with my gun.
>>
>>33212170
> A gun that cheap is going to have problems
why do guns "that cheap" inherently have issues? the maverick 88 is that cheap and is well known for being a reliable gun.

What do you have that indicates they are not reliable besides an unfounded phobia of things under a certain price point?
>>
>>33212107
>Not true. A girlfriend will expect you to buy her nice things.
Not quite. A ruthless gold digger will expect you to provide her with an endless train of expensive presents, sure, but a normal woman won't. A normal woman will, however, eventually get frustrated with a spergy loser who's so perpetually broke that a couple hundred dollars seems like the inside of Scrooge McDuck's money vault to him. Yeah, those awful mercenary creatures do eventually get tired of dates at Wendy's, especially when they have to wait for your mom to come pick the two of you up afterward. How awful!
>>
>>33211344
>The vast majority of gun owners have never and will never fire a shot in anger. Unless you live in a place with a very high crime rate, the chance of needing a gun is so small that it doesn't outweigh the cost of having it.

>The vast majority of house insurance policy holders have never and will never have their house burn down, unless you live in a very dry area, the chance of losing your possessions in a fire is so small that it doesn't outweigh the cost of having it.

>the vast majority of car owners have never and will never get into a crash in which they would be violently ejected from the vehicle, the chance of needing seatbelts is so small that it doesn't outweight the cost of having them.

>>33211969
yet SBR ARs are somewhat popular in the US because they're only "restricted" not "fucking banned under penalty of execution by traumatic insemination"

It's $200 and a waiting list.
>>
>>33212177
you are missing the point that pulling a baton, pepper spray, etc. would have been similarly effective, and that the actual best thing would not be to have to arm one's self like a cowboy, but for there to be simply so few criminals (and for what criminals there are to be unconcerned with non-criminals) that the risk of getting randomly mugged is negligible

>>33212204
>A ruthless gold digger
yeah, a girlfriend
>>
>>33212199
A shotgun is a pretty simple mechanism. It's fairly easily to make. Making a reliable handgun takes more skill and attention to detail, and that requires money. You don't always get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get.
>>33212204
But the original argument was that women would have sex for free, which they won't.
>>33212225
Not the one you responded to, but an individual has little control over the number of criminals. He has to deal with them as they are.
>>
>>33212224
>It's $200 and a waiting list.
yeah an RPAL is 80$ and a two-day course and is good for as many AR15s as you want

instead of having to get a 200$ ticket for each one like in the US

face it, US gun laws are no less insane than anywhere else. if anything, they lose points compared to Canada and the UK and such since at least in other places, you can make reasonable assumptions of the law based on limited knowledge. in the US, it's such a clusterfuck that you may as well just write the ATF a letter every time you want something.
>>
>>33212170

>Imagine I made a special suit that was impervious to lightning strikes. How much would you pay for it?
For the purposes of your question, I assume that it makes me immune to them as well.
Anyway, I'd probably pay at least several hundred dollars.
If I worked somewhere where there was a higher risk of electrical discharge, probably a lot more.
>>
>>33211640
You mean the Waco Suicide?
>>
>>33212248
>Making a reliable handgun takes more skill and attention to detail, and that requires money. You don't always get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get.

again providing nothing that actually proves hipoints are unreliable
>>
>>33212170
>The reason people don't declare bankruptcy lightly is because it ruins their ability to obtain credit.
Yes, that's what I fucking told you. But that doesn't just mean that you can't go lease a new Tesla. It means you can't do things like getting a rental agreement or a bank account, or signing up for a normal cell phone plan - ever wonder why check cashing stores, payday loan places, and prepaid cell phone vendors are all over the place in poor neighborhoods? Your life will SUCK for years after a bankruptcy, so acting like that's some kind of solution for the problem of personal debt is just fucking stupid.
>>
>>33211857
>$339 date

Jesus fuck man what the hell are you doing where a date is 300+ dollars
>>
>>33211706
Besides being hungry, bored or wanting to taste why would you eat? You cant exclude 98% of all reasons to do something than act superior when someone thinks your stupid restrictions are stupid.
>>
>>33212225
Ya. Was going to fight off three attackers.
The best thing was what I had. Nobody got hurt, bad guys got charged.
I do agree with you that it would have been great to not have been attacked.
Let me know when all of the criminals go away.

I do feel sorry for you. You believe all women are gold diggers.
I can see why you make threads like this with the intent to pick fights while disregarding any truth that doesn't fit your narrative.
You sound like you are very sad and empty.
I hope that you are able to find some piece.
So you got fucked over by her. Let it go man. Live a life.
>>
>>33212278
dinner and a movie, drinks after

inflation, man. that and women being hoes
>>
>>33211696
>poor emergency service
Pop 28,111 suburb, needed (REALLY needed) an ambulance. One arrived before my shoes were on (0100). Not too bad.
Found out they don't give you blood when you are bleeding out. Drove me 15 miles; not in too much of a hurry per the freeway expansion joint time.
>>
I've had to draw my carry pistol multiple times. If I didn't have it I would have been mugged/killed. The first month I had my CCW I had to draw at Walmart to stop a fight. The security guard was face down on the floor with a fat white guy punching the back of his head. I could have legally shot the guy and was seconds away from doing so, but luckily he saw me with my gun pointed at him and he got off.
>>
>>33212325
>Let me know when all of the criminals go away.
you could move to a country that isn't shit

>Ya. Was going to fight off three attackers.
apparently that was your intention when you pulled a gun. what's the difference between that and a knife/baton/spray or any other less expensive self-defense option?

>I can see why you make threads like this with the intent to pick fights while disregarding any truth that doesn't fit your narrative.
lmao nigga do you think everyone who disagrees with you is the same person? do you have schizophrenia or something? im betting you were never "attacked" and just pulled your pistol because you have brain problems and had a paranoid episode.
>>
>>33212248
>But the original argument was that women would have sex for free, which they won't.
Yes, yes they will. But nobody - not a girlfriend, not guy friends, not family members, nobody - wants to hang around with someone who's so broke all the time that they can never afford to go do anything fun. There have been plenty of times when I've spotted a movie ticket or a dinner to a friend who's ended up having more month than money here or there. But these are also people who have done the same for me when I've been in a rough patch, which happens to everybody sometimes. But someone who's perpetually flat busted is, frankly, no fun - not to mention that there's usually a reason why people who never have any money are like that, which is that they're some combination of lazy, stupid, or an asshole (these being the three main reasons why people would not want to employ you).

Equating that with outright prostitution is pure Asperger's.
>>
>>33212351
>presenting lethal force to something that is not lethal force

probably not as clear-cut as you'd think but good job choosing to buy a gun instead of moving out of Niggerville, GA
>>
>>33212337
THIS JUST IN AFFLUENT SUBURB HAS GOOD COVERAGE

MORE AT 6 (because everyone will be in bed before 11)
>>
>>33211344

>people STILL responding seriously to this stale bait thread

stop being so gullible you dumbass newfaggots

sawgheyd
>>
>>33212388
The bait is real, but I'll respond.

>Guy is beating the knocked out guard in the head. This is considered lethal force and by law I can respond with equal force.

Also this happened in Arizona. My town is like 95% white with more mexicans than niggers.

Do some research if this isn't bait and you're just retarded. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_force
>>
>>33212002

> Nothing says conversion factors have to all be the same.

What is your occupation? I ask because if you spent any significant time bouncing between SAE and metric, I promise you would prefer the latter, especially if you work with fluids.
>>
>>33212362
Most definitely not on the brain front. I was punched from the right side. The two others came from the other direction about 10--11 o'clock.
Apparently these guys had set ambushes for others previously.
A gun absolutely gave me an advantage to defend myself from multiple attackers vs. what a baton or pepperspray would have done.
It's obvious that your knowledge when it comes to using weaponry is as limited as your intellect.

Please name a country that is devoid of all crime.
A majority of the event was filmed via phone from a nearby apartment window.
The officer in charge of the investigation informed me that I had cause to shoot a few times during the event.
Congratulated me on keeping a cool head.
You weren't there but you obviously understand all of the facts.
Great job on being you.
>>
>>33211856
I'm American and if I could force us to use the metric system tomorrow I would. Goddamn it's so much easier for like 99% o the shit we do.
>>
>>33212450
It's bait man. Don't even reply to him.
>>
>>33212463
Good call.
>>
>>33212450
the way you write isn't helping prove your case that you're not a schizoid illiterate autist

>A gun absolutely gave me an advantage
how? you shoot one guy, the next two beat the shit out of you. same as would be achieved with any other item that could take out a dude easily. but none of them want to be that "one guy" so they all disengage.

sheerly on a price point issue, there are better items than guns for self defence, especially if you factor in that you can easily miss or get a misfire if you're close up against your target, the extra weight, bulk, and hassle of a gun compared to a knife or baton or spray, etc.

and you're still missing the point that the best thing to do in self-defence is to not get into that situation in the first place. stop walking through crime alley. maybe move to a country that isn't a failed state.

but good job being a schizoid illiterate autist
>>
>>33212456

1cm^3 of water = 1ml = 1 gram

That was an absolutely brilliant idea.
>>
>>33212255
I wouldn't. The chance of a lightning strike is so small that it's worth it to take that risk.
>>33212257
It was murder.
>>33212261
I have never owned a hipoint, so I can go only by reputation, but they do not have a stellar reputation.
>>33212269
You still get a bank account, but you probably can't take a loan.
>>33212278
I could have sex several times for that.
>>33212386
No, women expect you to spend money on them, not with them. They don't want to pay for a damn thing unless you are lucky enough to find a sugar momma.
>>
>>33212442
Not a problem if you use English to the exclusion of metric.
>>33212456
No, it isn't. You can do anything with the English system that you can do with metric.
>>
File: please kill yourself.png (51KB, 339x298px) Image search: [Google]
please kill yourself.png
51KB, 339x298px
>>33212572
>>33212589
>bangs hookers
>hates the metric system
>>
>>33211344
Because the wilderness isn't sunshine and lollipops.
>>33211437
Explain weapons bans?
>>33211569
/thread. Broke concealment when driving through sacramento once and again in my town during festival season. Nobody was hurt. Guns make a great deterrent.
>>33211662
Do you know anything about sociology or psychology?
>>33211962
Guns are needed so faggots like you can kill yourselves.
>>33211962
How have you remebered to breathe if you're this stupid?
>>
>>33212456
How about you run off to cuckland then.
>>
>>33212624
>Explain weapons bans?
not that spergo op but it's pretty clear that western countries care more about people shooting eachother than doing some kind of violent upheaval

revolutionaries dont generally follow the law anyway
>>
>>33211640
>Guns didn't stop the Waco Massacre, did they?
He should have rephrased it. The government isn't afraid of individual guns in the hands of small numbers of people, but you'd best believe they don't like the fact that a fuck ton of people have a fuck ton of guns. 1 man with a gun against an army is suicide. Thousands with guns against an army is a war.
>>
>>33212398
Affluent? lol no.
>>
>>33212589

> You can do anything with the English system that you can do with metric.

I am not aware of a single Chemist working in SAE today. I have never even seen or heard of a periodic table of elements with grains instead of grams.
>>
>>33211776
>Also, a quality gun is going to cost at least 700, then there's ammo and other costs.
Not true. Quality shotguns can be had for 200 or less if you look used. Quality handguns can be found surplus for 300 or less. An AR15 can be had for 400ish. Although if you're only concerned with home defense/carry you could make due with a $300 surplus beretta 92 or Hi-Power that will go bang every time. That's not a lot of money even for an absolute poorfag.
>>
>>33212572
OP, you might be honest to God, no memes, straight up autistic, so I think you'd be doing society at large a favor by not owning guns
>>
>>33212643
Neither do criminals.
>>
>>33212748
Whatever dude. Keep trying to justify your racist hobby.
>>
>>33212777
(You)
>>
>>33212803
You're a real fuckwit, you know that? Generally, I tell people to be proud of who they are, but idiots like you make it sooo difficult for me to not hate being white.

Why do people like you have to exist?
>>
>>33212599
Not an argument.
>>33212624
>Because the wilderness isn't sunshine and lollipops.
Outside of grizzly country, there are few dangerous animals in the woods.
>Explain weapons bans?
Pandering to stupid voters mostly. The government already took our freedom without taking our guns.
>Do you know anything about sociology or psychology?
No more than the average person.
>How have you remebered to breathe if you're this stupid?
Not an argument.
>>33212652
Only if thousands of people have the will to use them. Americans don't mind the government taking their freedom as long as they get to keep their guns.
>>33212701
It could easily be done.
>>33212748
I actually do own guns.
>>
>>33211344
>protection
>vast majority

And the vast majority of people don't plan on using their life insurance, fire extinguishers, car insurance, security systems, and home insurance. That doesn't mean I ain't gonna have them. Proportional to my wage and savings, a bit of cost is worth it.

Besides, I can get pistols for the sub $500 range no problem.

>hunting
Like fishing, it's cheaper if you aren't spending $2000 in gear for it.

Inheritance shotgun + $20 dollars with of slugs + a bit of butchering skill = plenty of cheap meat.

There are plenty of reasons too.
>deterrence
>backup flashlight
>fireworks
>fishing
>backup hammer
>improvised spear
>improvised club
>tarp stand
>hug tube
>spare parts for other stuff
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (160KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
160KB, 1024x819px
not much longer desu
>>
>>33212947
Life insurance is usually a waste of money, car insurance is required, as in home insurance if you have a mortgage, and fire extinguishers are cheap. I don't know about the risk vs. cost of security systems.
>>
>100+ replies
C'mon guys.
>>
>>33211344
The protection argument is still valid. Just because the chance is tiny doesn't mean you shouldn't prepare yourself. The chance of a house fire is quite small, but people still buy costly fire extinguishers and such.

Sure, for now it's cheaper to buy meat, but it's good to have the skill in case you need it later.

Basically, it's all about preparedness and self-sufficiency. In our society as it is right now, sure, the risk of needing protection or to hunt for self-sufficiency is low. But you never know what will happen in the future. It's basically a small-scale, reasonable level of prepping.

>the chance of needing a gun is so small that it doesn't outweight the cost of having it
That's subjective. How much chance outweighs how much cost? Gun owners tend to believe smaller chances of risk are worth spending more to prevent than most other people, and I think that's a good thing. Prepping is embedded in our culture...

But yeah, most gun purchases are for fun. An LCP and a 12 gauge would serve most people's survival needs just fine. Though it's important to shoot often, as building up the skill is just as big a part as actually owning the weapons.
>>
>>33213033
>Life insurance is usually a waste of money

Because most people don't plan on checking it out. Lot of money for a SHTF situation.

>mortgage

Paid that off a long time ago.

>fire extinguishers

Yes, but to put 4-5 of them around the house costed me $100 bucks. For me that's not much. Neither is a sub $500 gun and an inheritance shotty.

For risk, well you have a chance of some melanin enriched fellows coming into your house and taking all your stuff. For cost, it's like 15 - 30 dollars a month. So basically 3 foot long subs back in 08.

Risk is really low for me, but so is cost relative to my budget.
>>
>>33211484
t. Dumbass that has no fire extinguisher
>>
>>33211344
That settles it. Let's get rid of all our guns guys
>>
>>33211832
The French Kingdom flag is surrounded by irrelevant crap.
>>
>>33211344
>it doesn't outweigh the cost of having it.

The cost of it is $300.

The chance of needing it is low, but if you do need it, it will be the most valuable thing you've ever owned.

People are mugged everyday, it can happen to anyone.
>>
>>33211437
What price do you put on your life? What price do you put on the lives of your loved ones?

You forget the Theorem of Expected Value. When the price is of infinite size, probability has no meaning.
>>
>>33212002
>How is that different from paying for food?

Everyone has to pay for food, but you're socially defective if you have to pay for pussy. You're such a loser that you have to pay for it instead of just charming a women into getting it for free.

> A hipoint is not a quality firearm.

maverick 88 is a perfectly functional pump shotgun for $180. An old used Ruger P89 is a perfectly quality 9mm pistol that can be had for $200 to $250.
>>
>>33212054
>there is nothing wrong with liking dick
There is everything wrong with being a disgusting abomination. You being tolerant of homosexuals is just as bad as Europeans being tolerant of muslim terrorists.
>>
>>33216081
>There is everything wrong with being a disgusting abomination. You being tolerant of homosexuals is just as bad as Europeans being tolerant of muslim terrorists.
Phil ps go
>>
>>33211344
>It's almost always cheaper to buy meat.
beef is damn near $5 a pound where I'm at
>"just go to a different store!"
the next nearest one is a Walmart 45min away whereas a .243 bullet is about $1.50 and a little bit of patience gets me about two months worth of deer.
>>
>>33211344
Protection, hunting, sport, collecting, ensuring liberty, and for making ur dikk look bigger.
>>
File: ak47.webm (3MB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
ak47.webm
3MB, 600x391px
>>33211344
>Is there any reason to buy a gun other than fun?
Of course there is, and you named two very good ones already.
I mostly own guns just for collecting and having childish fun, but I do have some hunting guns too.
>>
>>33211344

You've never hunted before I can tell, cause the whole cheaper meat in stores is bullshit. Shit, I spent total of 300 for shotgun, ammo etc, I've taken down bear and moose. Each one will easily provide a shit ton of meat.

Species Average (lbs.) Exceptional (lbs.) Upper Limit (lbs.)
Antelope 80 100 125
Whitetail Deer 125 225 350 +
Mule Deer 150 250 400
Bighorn Sheep 175 250 300 +
Black Bear 200 400 650 +
Caribou 250 400 600
Grizzly Bear 500 1,000 1,500 +
Elk (Wapiti) 500 800 1,000
Moose 650 1,200 1,600 +
note - females weigh approximately 1/3 less than males

Clearly you're a dumb ass.
>>
>>33211437

Reported for trolling
>>
>>33211344

I'd rather buy a $500 handgun and never use it than my last thoughts be "man I wish I'd spent $500 on that handgun." Also, because it's my right. Fuck off, commie.
>>
>>33211344
The best reason is to buy a gun is to upset people who make these threads.

Also hunting is also an ecologically important thing to do in many areas and isn't just about meat.
>>
>>33211344
My life is worth $400

You pay $2-3k a year in car insurance to safeguard a hunk of metal you will buy and resell on average 17 times in your life.
>>
>it's almost always cheaper to buy meat
I can walk out my back door and shoot a deer with one bullet. I have enough venison and fish in the freezer to allow me to eat only that if I wanted to.

Nobody needs a reason to have a gun, like you don't need a reason to abuse your right to free speech by starting shitty threads. You can just do it.
>>
>>33211344
How about, it's none of your fucking business why I need/want a gun?
>>
Serious question:

Do the people that make these thread make them ironically? Do they honestly believe what they are typing? Are they just simply trolling?

If you're anti-gun why the fuck would you come to a corner of a site that is pro-gun unless you were seeking genuine enlightenment on the subject?
>>
File: 6PuDixR.jpg (123KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6PuDixR.jpg
123KB, 1024x1024px
>>33211437
Not a statistical outlier.
Something like an estimated 1-2 million unreported instances in would self defense was committed using a firearm in some way. He was part of that number.

also, dont tread faggot
>>
>>33211437
you can't afford 800$?
wait until you stop being a student and begin living in real life.
Shit you can get a reliable handgun for even 450$ and if its just for home defense a single shot 12g is less than 100$
>>
>>33217597
Just saying, if he was anti-gun, he mist be trying to convert us. It's not hard to understand.

In the aftermath of Sandy Hook, we saw tons of people seriously attempting to bitch us out.
>>
>>33211344
Oh shit your right OP, you have really opened my eyes! I'm going to go sell all of my guns.
>said nobody ever
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.