[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the legality of carrying a baton for self defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: asp-baton-sentry.jpg (13KB, 448x448px) Image search: [Google]
asp-baton-sentry.jpg
13KB, 448x448px
What is the legality of carrying a baton for self defense in south carolina?
>>
>>33210594
just delete this thread man, it is taking up valuable space.

do not ask 4chan for legal advice, you absolute fucking idiot
>>
>>33210594
Just say it's for cheerleading practice
>>
>>33210594
you: "well the general consensus on the internet was that it would probably be alright. and one guy was VERY SURE that it's ok. they summed up possible ramifications in my state in a couple sentences, I forgot exactly what they said but..I feel confident enough it was ok"

police officer: ok so you're being charged with a b c d e f g crimes do you understand?
>>
>>33210667
>>33210726
Who the fuck else would I ask you useless faggots? I've tried to find laws online about it but there's notuch info put there.
>>
File: fuckhead.gif (312KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
fuckhead.gif
312KB, 245x138px
>>33210768
>who do I ask for legal advice?
A LAWYER
>>
>>33210768
>stumble into a book club meeting
>ask for advice on buying office paper
>scream and rage when they don't understand
>>
>>33210768
Get in touch with an attorney like a reasonable human being?
/thread
>>
>>33210594
Class one weapon. By California law it is illegal to even possess inside your house, and technically using your baseball bad as a weapon makes it a class one weapon as well.

>cuckifornia
>>
>>33210836
lol
>>
my dad was a cop once upon a time and showed me his blackjack and slapper that back in the day they could use on people's heads. good times.
>>
>>33210594
Mfw you're too fucking to google your state laws
>>
>>33210996
>tfw to fucking
>>
File: 1342072392103.jpg (147KB, 1010x810px) Image search: [Google]
1342072392103.jpg
147KB, 1010x810px
>>33211037
I'm just way too fucking, man
>>
>>33210594
>>33210860
I'd like to apologize for misreading California. South Carolina seems a bit ambiguous with it's carryable weapon laws. It seems like it's a yes, but don't draw any unnecessary attention to yourself or you'll be setting a precedent.
>>
>>33210594
whats your guy's opinion on collapsible batons as a self defense weapon? they seem better than a knife
>>
>>33211243
also interested
>>
>>33211243
>>33211827
tell you what. you might get your head bashed in with a baton. but you might be able to grab it.

there's no getting away from a knife, you're going to get cut, you're going to bleed, you're going to die.
>>
>>33211243

They're quite effective if you've been trained in their use. Too many dudes(including cops) treat them like simple bludgeons. They can be quite a bit more effective than that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kvryZA6Bmg
>>
Wants to carry a baton, in a state known for "everyone has a gun."
>>
>>33210594
I have that same baton my man but in my state you need a CCW to carry one. I have a CCW so I don't carry my baton unless i'm in noguns zone
>>
>>33210768
Also you are going to need a scabbard to carry it so it's pointless and difficult to lug around, atleast for me and my 21" ASP.

>>33211243
Probably better than a knife, I'm 145lb and 5'9" so i'd probably get disarmed if I pulled it on a big guy, either way it can keep distance and keep your from getting grabbed and slammed
>>
>>33212152
OP here, I was actually looking at ASP's p16 baton, which was designed to be carried in a pocket with a clip like a pocket knife.
>>
>>33212088
I just recently moved to SC. I don't even have an SC drivers license yet. As soon as it's my official state of residence I'm applying for a carry permit but I'd like to know if I can carry a baton until then.
>>
>>33210860
Wait so can you carry it for defense everyday in cali?
>>
>>33212110
What state is that?
>>
>>33210768
Your mom.
>>
>>33211243
It's THE best defense weapon if your noguns, however it requires training as one anon mentioned. Combine a telescopic baton with some basic combatives and you can be pretty confident in an altrecation, provided everyone is noguns. Depending on your local laws you might want to aim for the arms and legs, because a good blow on the head will kill a person on the spot, or leave them disabled at the least.
Also, get a 26" hardened steel. Anything else is a compromise.
>>
>>33210594
Its SC, I doubt they'd give a fuck.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.