[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /k/ think about Taurus? are their guns reliable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Taurus.jpg (93KB, 1200x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Taurus.jpg
93KB, 1200x1199px
what does /k/ think about Taurus?
are their guns reliable for the cheap price?
>>
File: judge.jpg (66KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
judge.jpg
66KB, 1024x768px
>>33204029
yeah just some older ones had quality control issues.
>>
Went to buy a tcp yesterday. Put on delay. Waiting on a proceed.
>>
>>33204029
My buddy wants to get a Taurus 380 because he likes my kahr p380. I don't know how to talk him out of it. He's a grown man and so am I, I am just trying to help a friend not make an abortion purchase.
>>
>>33204195
what's wrong with the 380?
>>
I have a Model 66:
>One day while shootan, suddenly the cylinder is falling out of the gun
>Yoke isn't being retained by frame
>Take it apart when I get home
>internal part has magically vanished
>Call Taurus CS, explain problem
>I always go out of my way to be polite to customer service people because that's a shitty job and my problem isn't their fault generally
>this guy's being a cunt with a shitty attitude anyway
>"lol that's not covered by your warranty even though the gun magically started falling apart from normal use in under 500 rounds"
>"but you can send us the gun and pay out the ass"
>tell them to just send me the part
>"lol no problem it'll just be $15 plus another $10 shipping"
>....fine
>2.5 months later get the part in the mail
>They could've literally stuck the fucking thing in an evelope, put 1 stamp on it and sent it with their regular mail and I would've gotten it in probably 2-3 days.
tl;dr in retrospect I should've saved another $150 and bought a GP100
The gun's been g2g ever since but I just don't trust it anymore and the whole experience tainted my enjoyment of the gun
>>
>>33204029
Buy a Ruger, Smith and Wesson, or even a SCCY on sale.
>>
>>33204209
.380s are awesome pocket pistols. I don't want him to buy a Taurus.
>>
File: dog-shit.jpg (529KB, 1234x864px) Image search: [Google]
dog-shit.jpg
529KB, 1234x864px
My latest Taurus (disassembled for cleaning, of course).
>>
>>33204048

You have it backwards. Their quality control was good for the first few years they were in business. NOW their quality control and customer service are horrible.
>>
>>33204029
Shitty.
Made sloppy with bad customer service.
We send at least two back every month for servicing and repair.
>>
Revolvers are fine, except for this one >>33204271

Avoid autos
>>
>>33204666
My taurus revolver was shit. Cylinder couldn't make a full rotation without jamming. Sent it in for repair. Got it back over a month later and it STILL malfunctioned. Custmer service was rude, too. I'll never own another taurus. If someone gives me one, I'll selll it.
>>
>>33204029
taurus lol. literally not a single gun that isn't total shit.
>>
File: 25280.jpg (24KB, 306x408px) Image search: [Google]
25280.jpg
24KB, 306x408px
>>33204029
My model 85 ultralite .38spc is great. Never had any issue at all with it. My fiancé prefers to carry it over her ruger.
>>
Revolvers are "ok"

But avoid the pistol. It can go realy god or realy bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 552x552px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 552x552px
I want one of those 44 circuit judge meme revolver rifles...
>>
>>33204271
what year was that revolver made? I shot quite a bit from my 66 and its been fine.
>>33205891
their revolver line seems mostly good. It seems like you will more than likely get a gun that will work, but sometimes you get a bad egg that just has issues forever. I got the 66 because i wanted something with 7 shots and the S&W 686 was a bit out of my price range for a first gun. have had no issues at all so far. I cant vouce for their semi-autos much, my friend wanted a new gun so bad he bought a 9mm millennium. I can say for certain he has not fired much from it, so i cant tell if it will blow up or just work as intended yet.
>>
File: 1481499973669.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481499973669.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>33204029
All Taurus guns are shit, and YOU are shit if you own one.

/thread
>>
i have a 2" poly judge
it's... ok. it feels pretty cheap and the cylinder doesn't close with the same crisp-ness that other high quality brands will, but it functions fine.

i'm probably going to trade it for an edc gun, but it's not a terrible gun if you're looking for a .45lc/.410ga revolver
>>
>>33207593
>not a terrible gun if you're looking for a .45lc/.410ga revolver
>literally only other one on the market is the S&W which holds an extra round and shoots a third caliber
>not terrible
>worst out of a choice between two
>>
>>33207627
i'm not sure what point you're trying to make, i already said it felt cheap and wasn't as good as other revolvers
>>
>>33207458
>what year
>>
>>33204029
Their reliability/quality is generally dependent on the model.
They have a lot of shit guns, but they also have some pretty good ones.
The PT111 G2 and their Beretta clones are their best ones imo. (I own both, never had an issue)
I hear mixed reviews on their revolvers.
>>
Bought a PT145 Millennium pro about 6 years ago. When I got it, I loved it. Compact gun that fit well and held 10 rounds of .45 in a double stack mag. I was, still am, not a great shot, so I can't say anything about accuracy.

But over time, it began to fall apart. The retaining pins started to walk, the spring assembly loosed and fell apart on multiple occasions (used some super glue to keep it screwed together), and pretty sure a piece of the back plate on the slide broke off.

Before things started to fall apart, I could feel the gun get sloppy after a few magazines. The slide felt like it was trying to lift off the rails, or fly back words into my face. Never did, but it got bad enough I got too nervous to shoot it and sold it a about a year later.
>>
>>33204545
how much ya want for that?
>>
>>33209459
Sorry, I tried to clean it, but it dissolved. Typical taurus quality.
>>
>>33204360
if he wants south american shit that bad get him to buy a bersa thunder
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.