[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that tanks in WW2 would drive over an enemy foxhole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Is it true that tanks in WW2 would drive over an enemy foxhole and do a 360 to bury the occupants?
>>
>>33203410
No. Against the Geneva conventions
>>
>>33203410
Why would they? Seems pointless.
>>
>>33203410
Tankers often couldn't see foxholes because dude how2opticslmao. A tanker driving right past foxholes he didn't know was there and then taking a molotov to the engine deck was an incredibly common way to lose a tank.
>>
>>33203410
Yes. Source german vet.
>>
>>33203410

Yes of course. German panzer crews in russia would in certain circumstances do figure 8s over russian trenches, which would either collapse the trench or asphyxiate its occupants with the vehicle's exhaust fumes.
>>
>>33203429
Losing tanks to molotovs was actually pretty rare in WW2. By this time many tank models had been hardened against molotov attack (as opposed to during the winter war for instance, in which BT series tanks were very vunerable to molotovf).
>>
>>33203410
Sometimes, yes. You do with what you have at hand.

>>33203418
[citation needed]

For such widely available docs, people sprout a incredible amount of nonsense about those conventions.
https://www.icrc.org/en/war-and-law/treaties-customary-law/geneva-conventions
>>
File: Panther dig.webm (976KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Panther dig.webm
976KB, 480x480px
>>
>>33203450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
>>
>>33203410
i don't know about ww2 but allegedly the Americans did that shit to Iraqi trenches during desert storm
>>
>>33203874
seems legit
>>
>>33203410

Did it happen? Probably. But it would mean the tanks would stand in the same position for a whole minute. You'd be trying to take out one single grunt while becoming a prime target for enemy tanks, enemy antitank grenandes, enemy tank bomb devices, antitank rifles, antitank air support and fucking artillery. Smart.
>>
>>33203410
Yes they did that

My grandpa was in the wehrmacht and he told me about it
>>
>>33203547
this and the Hague Convention have a ridiculous amount of bullshit built around them, lore wise
>>
>>33203410
Yeah. It's effective and it destroys a foxhole or trench
>>
>>33203418
It's not.
t. humanitarian law expert
>>
>>33203939
I could see tanks coming after the initial spearhead doing some cleaning of trenches to clear the way for the infantry.
>>
>>33203460

Dude even a modern tank could be disabled with enough molotovs.

How exactly did they hardened the fucking radiator?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.