[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How quickly would the Imperial Guard get dealt with by any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1477667412115.jpg (423KB, 900x666px) Image search: [Google]
1477667412115.jpg
423KB, 900x666px
How quickly would the Imperial Guard get dealt with by any modern army?
>>
depends on the regiment, and the weapons they use
lasguns and heavy bolters seems to be really effective
>>
>>33197230
I don't know.

It would be like Greek Phalanx thrown against a modern American Mechanized Battalion.

Technology of the 400th century vs that of the 21st.

It would not end well for the current age forces.
>>
>>33197230
With the amount of troops the empire can field i would say any nation would have a hard time against them
>>
>>33197299
40kis god damn nerd masturbatory fantasy
written to be cool

while i have really limited insight in lore and shit and only have played few games their concept of fighting is something like pre ww1 and weapons depicted are hardly effective or even useful and tend to be just a plod propelling devise
>>
>>33197299
The IG has the most fucked logistics around. Even Chaos has an easier time getting supplies.
>>
>>33197271
This, Imperial Guard regiments canonically vary widely in size and quality. An understrength penal regiment with stub guns would get slaughtered.

A Cadian regiment however would be an extremely dangerous opponent.
>>
>>33197230
Depends on the size, composition and leadership of the IG force.

A single regiment of light infantry would get stomped.
A full Crusade level force with millions of infantry, tanks, artilary and super-heavy armor with Navy and Mechanicus support is an entirely different story.
>>
>>33197230
We collectively as a planet dont have enough munitions to defeat the Imperial Guard.

We'd have to resort to mass producing nukes and what not just to hold them back.
>>
lasguns, while not being amazing in the 40k setting, are still capable of blowing a mans limb off, muzzle velocity: speed of light, 40-50 shots per power pack/magazine/w/e.
Leman Russ battletank is made of future metal, massive main gun, defeats alien super techno tanks: probably better than M3 Abrams.

So overlooking the fact that there are billions, maybe trillions of guardsmen, pretending its a battle field situation, I still reckon a Guard regiment from a civilised world would fuck up any modern force.
I mean: lascannons, heavy bolters, multilasers, sentinels, carapace armour, stormtroopers, earthshakers, meltaguns, plasma guns, etc.

But a bad commander can lose any battle, so i digress.
>>
>>33197271
I was thinking a Steel Legion regiment.
>>
>>33197230
We don't even have enough ammunition to make a dent in the Imperial Guard, they literally have billions of soldiers, all armed with weapons that have the kick of a .22 and the power of a .50bmg with 100 shots per battery, and tanks than shoot fucking nukes.
>>
>>33198257

Here's the thing, 40k equipment often have great "hard" characteristics, but characteristically bad "soft" characteristics.

The Leman Russ, except for the rare Conqueror, can not fire accurately on the move. Even this light variant has a top speed of below 40 KPH. Modern tanks will do doughnuts around a Leman Russ while shitting out rounds with high accuracy.

C4ISR of all Imperial forces is catastrophically bad. Vox transmissions are low bandwidth, and often unreliable. Battlefield information available for the commander is extremely poor due to badly integrated reconnaissance elements and no data-linking. Modern forces of a given size are able to better coordinate and operate in more flexible groups.

If the Titan Legions and Imperial Navy don't get involved, I would place money on a decent modern army to anally annihilate an equal sized imperial guard force.
>>
>>33197230

Depending on the regiment in question, it will either be fucked royally as its tactics and strategy would leave it too inflexible to react (Mordian Iron Guard, Krieg), or kick ass and take names utilizing the best out of their tech advantage (any of the airborne regiments.)
>>
Surrender to the will of the emperor for the betterment of humanity
>>
In depth review.
>Guardsmen vs US Army.
>M855A1 rekts Flak Armor.
>Lasgun cannot pen SAPI.
>M1A2 vs Leman Russ
>M1A2 rekts the shit out of the Russ.
>BANEBLADE
>JADAM's all fucking day.
>Basilisk.
>Meet Paladin.
>>
>>33197230
Who do you want to win?

Cause that's how 40k works
>>
>38 thousand years from now
>humanity can travel through dimensions
>mars is literally covered in a massive factory
>servitors that do our every whim
>capable of storing data in a chip planted in our skulls
>technology is being lost

The fucking Italians could beat the guardsmen.
>>
>>33201012
>>33202780
Knowing the massive human resources they have, this "war" would end up in just being a bizarre medieval siege only that is a planet instead of a castle.

also does this regiment have access to psykers,ogryns and similar stuff?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.