[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would an unarmored guy with a sword and shield fare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4242.jpg (65KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4242.jpg
65KB, 600x608px
How would an unarmored guy with a sword and shield fare against a grizzly?
>>
>>33196023
Does the knight have his horse?
>>
>>33196029
No.
>>
>>33196023
hedget fucked up pretty good but if he can land a couple good stabs, he might win.

a full grown Grizzly can weigh 500+ lbs depending on time of year (just coming out of torpor or fully fed after fall)

Their claws are ~6in. long and sharp. And they swing like a sledgehammer
>>
>>33196023
>>33196029
still fairly well. Bears aren't used to fighting against shields and the sword should be capable of piercing the bears skull and flanks. so long as the human keeps moving he should do fine. if he stands still however, he's screwed (bear claws the shield and proceeds to maul).
>>
>>33196023

They're pretty powerful creatures. The amount of force they can produce is enough to dislocated a shoulder, or break bones if you blocked it with a shield.

Now all I can think about is this part of game of thrones.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4res-iDKU
>>
>>33196023
A spear would be better for that, but pretty good, as you have a barrier that protects you... That is untill he rips your shield from your grasp, breaks your arm or pins you.
>>
A shield would be useless in my opinion. If you catch a blow on the shield in anything but the perfect form you'd get swept off your feet and end up on your back.
>>
File: IMG_4243.jpg (185KB, 664x1203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4243.jpg
185KB, 664x1203px
>>33196023

Pssssh, nothin personal fluffy, you'll make a great rug for my maiden
>>
File: cqc intensifies.gif (242KB, 170x166px) Image search: [Google]
cqc intensifies.gif
242KB, 170x166px
Poorly.
>>
>>33196023
He'd get fucked up pretty badly, grizzlies are fast on top of being strong.
>>
>>33196023
Shield is about as useful as picking up a branch or something.
If you can sink the sword and the bear stops attacking then I'd guess you'd live.
>>
the among of force a bear had should be enough to break your stance quite easily by charging at you

bears were feared and respected back in the day with good reasons
>>
Dead as fuck
>>
File: 6226626526387.png (107KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
6226626526387.png
107KB, 240x345px
Depends how sharp the sword is and how athletic you are.

you'd need to be quick on your feet.

Personally i'd prefer a spear. Multiple.
>>
>>33196733
>Euro styled get-up
>Sunagakure gloves
TRIGGERED
>>
File: 1.jpg (128KB, 1308x310px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
128KB, 1308x310px
>>33196023
what sword and what shield?
if youve got a sidesword and a buckler, youre dead, but if youve got something more substantial you might be in luck
>>
>>33196733

Isn't that guy cosplaying a Dark Souls 3 character? Gotthard's Twinswords fucking rule man.
>>
>>33196023
If he lays on the ground after it stands up and positions the pommel to the ground, allowing the bear to impale itself upon landing, a mighty fine chance of victory

The Ainu people used this method only with spears.
>>
>>33197129
>Thwop bear on nose
>Like every animal nose is weak point
>Owwww
>Bear is stun from shield nose bash
>>
>>33200457

Downside: bear is now fucking pissed
>>
>>33196023
Dude would have to max out his dark souls tactics.

If he can keep moving and keep in the sweet spot he could do it, too close or far and the bear has time to line up a proper strike.

Shield must be used as distraction/deflection only.

While a good bash to the snout may deter the bear it also means that in the more likely case of it being pissed it can hammer right into you.

Needs to be very quick both in reaction and on their feet.
>>
>>33200480
Bears are always pissed... Even when they're not
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.