[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the law world would the second amendment give no rights to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 2ndAmendment.jpg (100KB, 440x239px) Image search: [Google]
2ndAmendment.jpg
100KB, 440x239px
In the law world would the second amendment give no rights to the people because it states "A well regarded militia has the right to bear arms" and militias dont exist anymore becuase they were well bodied citizens in colonial america to support the army todays equilvalent would be the national guard. Whats your thoughts
>>
>>33194283
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>33194283
the militia is any able bodied man from 16 to 45
ex navy seal operator with $1,000,000 in guns, more in DDs than most people have in their houses, and the training to match? militia. some bumbling fucktard with his papa's obrez? militia.
go back to /pol/.
>>
>>33194283
I think you should relearn punctuation and also kill urself fgt
>>
>>33194283
>regarded

this is b8
>>
>>33194283
No, the militia part is explanatory in the sense that armed citizens are critical to the defense of the free state.
>>
>>33194283
>A well stocked library being necessary to the development of a sound mind, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed

>A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed
>>
>>33194345
This really raises my John Hancock
>>
"I think you should relearn punchuation and also kill urself fgt"
Im not a punchuation fgt and im 12
>>
>>33194283
>>33194361
Statists can suck my John Hancock
>>
>>33194362
Ill punch YOUR ation

fgt
>>
>>33194283
The constitution doesn't "give" rights to anyone. it gives powers to the government and protects the rights of the people from the government.
0/10 see me after class
>>
>>33194283
the comma means they are two different statements, they didn't format anything else at all like that, and that's how it was interpreted then.
>>
>>33194283
There are two clauses in the 2nd amendment. One supersedes the other. That is the second clause.
>>
>>33194449
Rights only exist when there exists a government that doesn't infringe them. Without a government, there would be no difference between bearing arms and smoking weed.
>>
>>33194292
implying I have anything in common with fucking nazis
OP isnt wrong by the way
>>
A militia is a collection of voluntarily self-armed civilians you dumbshit. Their entire idea is to have a local defensive force not bound to the Federal, or in many cases even State, Governments.

The Bill of Rights also explicitly applies to all citizens of the U.S. so your semantic point is doubly moot.

Say it with me now:
S H A L L
>>
File: bait.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>33194283
>militias don't exist anymore
>>
>>33194283
>the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms
Get fucked commie
>>
>>33194283
>“Rephrasing the amendment as a conditional (hypothetical) syllogism, its first premise would state: If a well regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state (p), then the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed (q); that is, p implies q. If one then asserts p as a second premise, then the conclusion q would follow. Logicians speak of this syllogism as being valid by reason of modus ponens.39 Yet the denial of the antecedent, should it be expressed in the second premise, fails to imply the denial of the consequent in the conclusion; that is, even if a militia is not necessary for the existence of a free state, the people still have the right to keep and bear arms. To say that “not p” implies “not q” is to commit the logical fallacy of denying the antecedent.40 These rules concerning syllogisms derive from classic Aristotelian logic and have not changed since ancient Greece. The Founders were familiar with logic.”

― Stephen P. Halbrook, The Founders' Second Amendment: Origins of the Right to Bear Arms
>>
File: 1482445925700.gif (367KB, 208x160px) Image search: [Google]
1482445925700.gif
367KB, 208x160px
>this entire thread
>>
Ever heard of being forces to register for the draft?

I'm militia.
Ironically I don't have firearm rights.

The government would rather lock me up over two joints and force me to medicate myself with Frankenstein chemicals that have ridiculously horrible side effects.
>>
>>33194283

My thoughts are

>Man, I wish I could be 16 again
>Work on your literacy
>>
>>33194317
This

>the right of the people
>not the right of the milita
>>
>>33194283
hey nigger "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" you shouldve been aborted
>>
File: 786587687.jpg (63KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
786587687.jpg
63KB, 850x400px
>>33194283
a militia is traditionally a civilian force. they are necessary to the security on the nation because the armed forces cannot be everywhere at all times. in a real invasion scenario the populace should be able to defend their homes and towns. this keeps up secure and other countries are aware of this.

this is the spirit of the 2nd.
>>
>>33196691
I don't care how you feel.
>>
>>33194283
>Whats your thoughts
Lawyers should be shot, once in the gut and left to walk back to civilization.
>>
>>33196629
The right still exists, regardless of infringement. I have the right to keep and bear arms, but the state denies me that right, just like I have the right to smoke weed, though the state denies me that right. If it were not so, they would be not rights, but privileges.
>>
>>33196721
>tfw you'll never join an American militia and ride eternal shiny and chrome during SHTF
>>
>>33198794
This is why nothing will change. Guys like you always justify infringement.
>>
>>33198916
What? What did I say that makes you think I'm justifying infringement?
>>
>>33194283
I've just always thought it was interesting that only one of all of the first 10 ammendments applied to the states and it just happens to be the least popular of the bunch, still a popular one though. The right of the people is the only thing that matters in at whole amendment.
>>
>>33194345
You're a beautiful human being
>>
>>33194283
>“I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole of the people, except a few public officers.” ~George Mason
>"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." ~James Madison
>“No free man shall be debarred the use of arms.” ~Thomas Jefferson
>“The constitution of ( the United States ) asserts that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be armed at all times” ~Thomas Jefferson
Should I continue?
>>
>>33198757
That's a fake quote, Yamamoto never said that.
>>
>Whats your thoughts
Laws mean basically the same as what they meant when they were written. They do not conform with changes in a word's meaning, or community expectations.

Otherwise, none of the British laws written in Norman French would mean a damn thing, because that dialect isn't even spoken anymore.

Which would be stupid.
>>
>>33203549
>That's a fake quote, Yamamoto never said that.
Now you're gonna tell me all those "X were pussies, but don't fuck wit DA MUHREENZ - Taliban" pictures are fake too?

Yeah, sure buddy. Sure.
>>
>>33194283
Way to ignore the entire second half of the fucking sentence, my dude.

You're wholly fucking retarded, as are most lawmakers nowadays.
>>
>>33194283
All "able bodied" men are the militia as defined by the supreme court. Please leave.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.