[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could someone give me a rundown how UK became the no-guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1362342936172.jpg (52KB, 532x720px) Image search: [Google]
1362342936172.jpg
52KB, 532x720px
Could someone give me a rundown how UK became the no-guns country it is today?
>>
>>33193320
England decided to invade the entire world because why not? But with a change of politics decided this was bad, so they decided guns were all bad also. They then decided to sell all their guns to Nazi Germany, hoping to recover some of the money they invested in them. And then Germany invaded them, and war was seen as extremely bad because England nearly got invaded. Today, England continues the tough gun laws because they know they would be in full civil war since they have given up on making their native population into well informed citizens.
>>
File: 200px-HappyMerchant.gif (15KB, 200x225px) Image search: [Google]
200px-HappyMerchant.gif
15KB, 200x225px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_school_massacre

>This basically ended it.

And as unlike the 2nd Amendment we have no legal or constitutional doucument binding it, and the fact this countries never had a gun culture even when it was legal there's been no resistance to change.

UKIP want to reintroduce Handguns but no one really cares.
>>
There are more firearms in the UK held by the populace now than there were prior to 1968, where the gun laws were similar to the ones in red American states.
>>
Gun ownership was never a big thing in the UK

No idea why you think it was
>>
>>33193391
The exception is Northern Ireland. 40 firearms per 100, nearly all held by the unionist population.

I think a lot of people in the USA seem to believe that prior to the 1990s the UK was full of regular shooters. Part of the reason the 88 and 97 bans were so easy to put through was because no one in the public had even seen a firearm before. They bring things up like boys at Eton training with rifles (something they still do), completely unaware of what sort of school Eton is.

They are equally unaware of the fact that Southern Ireland has far worse laws than the UK, with Scotland having the worst laws inside the UK itself.
>>
>>33193391
>>33193416
Never said it was, but your laws are really draconian, you guys can't even own a handgun nowadays.

And I'm not American.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungerford_massacre

because of this twat we arent allowed semi-automatics now
>>
>>33193458
I'm in Northern Ireland and I can assure you, handguns are perfectly legal here.
>>
>>33193458
>Never said it was

>How the UK became
>>
>>33193490
Maybe I worded it wrong, but there are more restrictions on what firearms you can own and what you can not than it used to be, right?
>>
>>33193320
All the men died in WWI and WWII
The empire died with them
>>
Hunting and shooting has been rich man's sports for a long time in the UK. Your average worker could never afford those hobbies. Poachers existed of course but the local cops always knew who they were if they hunted enough to sell.

The fun part? I don't think any of the above has changed. If you are upper middle class you probably still have your guns.
>>
>>33193551
>guys that never owned firearms or wanted to own firearms died in a war
>this influences policy decades later

>>33193516
Yes, but that also applies to the USA. It applies to everywhere.

For a nation that apparently has no weapons in it the weapons board of 4chan has at least eight threads a day about it.
>>
Some of the UK gun laws are better than some of the US ones though, aren't they? I mean, don't some states ban .50 rifles entirely?
>>
>>33193559

Forgot to add a pic...
>>
File: 1485579172389.jpg (331KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
1485579172389.jpg
331KB, 753x707px
>>33193569
>Hard times make hard men
>Hard men make good times
>Good times make soft men
>Soft men make hard times
>Hard times make hard men
>>
>>33193575
I'm yet to find an American state with carry benefits as I enjoy in NI.

Anything is concealable on my person and I can have dedicated concealed weapons in my car. These can be select fire, as long as they're in a pistol calibre, and concealed any way I see fit. No restrictions on barrel length or capacity. I don't need to inform the police that I'm carrying unless he asks directly and there are very few places that I can't carry it.

The downside is that unlike every single American with a CC on /k/, there's a very real chance I'll have to use it one day as opposed to writing sheep dog fantasies on the internet and posing in the mirror.
>>
>>33193600
And it won't help you if some IRA/UDF/whatever wanker just puts a pipebomb under your car :^)
>>
There are still millions of legal firearms in the UK.

Northern Ireland has better laws, Scotland has gone full retard to the extent that a shotgun is easier to buy than an air rifle.
>>
>>33193594
This pretty much sums up history. For those of us in the US at least, I believe we are in the good times of soft men.
>>
>>33193600

>The downside is that unlike every single American with a CC on /k/, there's a very real chance I'll have to use it one day

kek. on who? its not like you have niggers and spics overrunning your country
>>
>>33193320
Smaller condensed population. The propaganda was easier.

Don't get me wrong they try it in the US. We have a much larger and spread out population. Look at our cities, liberal filth. It's condensed population.
>>
>>33193467
gtfo taigg scum

i'll tell you what's perfectly legal in NI, sodomy
>>
>>33193644
US never had hard times since the civil war. And even then it was pretty tame compared to the rest of the world.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.